Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Kelly - Not Planning Major Changes

KELLY NOT PLANNING MAJOR CHANGES

Leicester manager Rob Kelly has promised there will be no major changes to the Foxes' playing staff during the close season.

But the Walkers Stadium chief is nevertheless contemplating a handful of additions with Lincoln defender Gareth McAuley the latest player to be linked with a possible move to Leicester.

He said: "The first brief was to preserve our Championship status and we've done that, showing we can compete successfully.

"The challenge which now faces us is to manage that on a consistent basis and although there won't be drastic changes for next season, now is the time to start putting out the feelers.

"There'll be tough decisions which have to be made regarding players' contracts and I'll be sitting down with the board to map out budgets and strategies for next season.

"But we must remember the loss of the club's parachute payment means the finance is changing and we must continue to get the absolute maximum out of the players we do have, on a budget the club can afford."

It's going to be an interesting summer but I have a feeling it's going to be a frustrating one for us. Anyone who thinks we're going to have an influx of players arriving and leaving looks to be mistaken. The main concern is getting a goalscoring central midfielder and atleast one winger, that for me are the two priorities. If we can then get a left back and strengthen other areas then it's a bonus but with limited finances I can see it being very frustrating when lots of teams around us will be signing plenty of players.

Does anyone rate Lee Johnson? The lad who was at Yeovil, he went to Hearts but isn't playing at the minute. I reckon he will be available on a free in the summer as they will be offloading loads of players.

Found this aswell regarding Nick Ward who we had on trial.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/april/austnews1140406.html

I'm sure it was said somewhere that Kelly or his scouts were going over to see him again as he had been ill during his trial with us.

I'm sure it wouldn't cost a lot to bring him in. Glory could use a couple of dollars.

He apparently had 'the feelers' out some time ago, and I'm hoping that the early bird and all that jive.

There's a Fans meeting tonight, and I'm pretty certain the question as to how much money there will be available will be asked.

He apparently had 'the feelers' out some time ago, and I'm hoping that the early bird and all that jive.

There's a Fans meeting tonight, and I'm pretty certain the question as to how much money there will be available will be asked.

Are you going Lisa? Could you please try and get an answer about Wesolowski's contract and whether they are considering extending it as it's a massive concern. I know he's got a year to go and they'll probably try and fob the fans off by saying that, but it's a scholarship contract and this lad needs tying down to a bumper long term contract.

It's going to be an interesting summer but I have a feeling it's going to be a frustrating one for us. Anyone who thinks we're going to have an influx of players arriving and leaving looks to be mistaken.

Get ready for more of the same of this season then.

Lookk what happened when we were without McCarthy, one point and we were lucky to get that. We have a paper thin squad and injuries and suspensions will mount, as you say a frustrating summer ahead. Particularly for those that have had their expectations raised over the last few months!!!

Get ready for more of the same of this season then.

Lookk what happened when we were without McCarthy, one point and we were lucky to get that. We have a paper thin squad and injuries and suspensions will mount, as you say a frustrating summer ahead. Particularly for those that have had their expectations raised over the last few months!!!

That's why i'm not raising my hopes, we need a massive slice of luck. I know you have your views on why we haven't got any money but we haven't and there's not alot we can do about that now, we've just got to hope to dear god that we stay as injury and suspension free as we have done since Kelly took over and that the signings he does make turn out to be class.

Unlikely, but the only good thing about it will be that the moaners like myself who want to see some youngsters from the academy play will get their wish because 3 or 4 injuries and we'll be down to the bare bones.

That's why i'm not raising my hopes, we need a massive slice of luck. I know you have your views on why we haven't got any money but we haven't and there's not alot we can do about that now, we've just got to hope to dear god that we stay as injury and suspension free as we have done since Kelly took over and that the signings he does make turn out to be class.

Unlikely, but the only good thing about it will be that the moaners like myself who want to see some youngsters from the academy play will get their wish because 3 or 4 injuries and we'll be down to the bare bones.

Agreed, if Kelly is planning to bring many players in, injuries, tiredness, suspensions will force him to play some youngsters\brevett. Kelly hasn't inspired me with his talk of 'following Levien' and his talking down of getting promotion and this just adds to it. But he has proved me wrong so far!!!

Are you going Lisa? Could you please try and get an answer about Wesolowski's contract and whether they are considering extending it as it's a massive concern. I know he's got a year to go and they'll probably try and fob the fans off by saying that, but it's a scholarship contract and this lad needs tying down to a bumper long term contract.

I'll see what I can find out. More interestingly, introduction to the new chairman is on the agenda!

Rob Kelly if your reading this feel free to resign Alan Rogers,but sorry to dissapoint you Leicester fans,I think your old manager at Hull will snap him up permantly lol .But do feel free to sign Nicky Eaden and David Friio,they'll make all the difference!

yeah, by all means keep the majority of the side together but there has to be a degree of changes otherwise we are going to be stuck in the back end of mid table again next year

It's basically the same article with a slightly more positive title.

He can't make wholesale changes because we don't have the budget.

At the same time, he can't do nothing because there's a fair few players heading for the exit anyway.

Unless he gives all the out-of-contract people new contracts, there's going to have to be at least a few changes - they could be players from the Academy or new players brought in from outside.

My only hope is he decides that some people aren't worth keeping, even just to make up the numbers and he flogs them on or releases them to free up some budget for players who can actually be of use.

yeah, by all means keep the majority of the side together but there has to be a degree of changes otherwise we are going to be stuck in the back end of mid table again next year

It seems to me to be the best thing to do. I think in the past few seasons we have payed a price for bringing in too many players. There are only two or three positions which need resolving. From the way things are going it seems to me that, if still here, Nils will be left back suported by Sheehan or Brevett. We need a new centre midfielder and winger. Then if any other key squad members leave they will need replacing, but it seems that no one else is definitely going at this stage. Then luxury signings are a new keeper and striker.

IMO we need two signings. Then perhaps one or two more. I think we will benefit from having continuity throughout most of the squad and first XI.

I think we'll see the majority of the current starting line up continue in to next season, with a few exceptions.

Henderson

Stearman - McCarthy - Kisnorbo - Johansson

Maybury - Williams - (?) - (?)

Fryatt - Hume

Gathering from that, we'll need a commanding defensive midfielder, with a wide player on the left maybe. We all know Maybury isn't your typical wide right player, but he brings out the best in Stearman when going forward. Both have done well defensively and offensively. It's been a good feature of our play under Kelly.

We'll need cover elsewhere, perhaps on the right side, and another striker (dependent on de Vries).

However, I think it's important that we try and keep changes to a minimum, first of all down to finances, and secondly to allow a more settled outlook. Apart from the season when we got relegated in 2002, we've seen a high turnover of players ever since - and it's not helped.

I'll see what I can find out. More interestingly, introduction to the new chairman is on the agenda!
Nothing about specific contracts, only that RK is now discussing who he wants to keep, who he wants shot of, and who he wants to bring in.

It couldn't be emphasised enough how important it is for the club to generate extra revenue, especially as we won't have the parachute money next season.

Nothing about specific contracts, only that RK is now discussing who he wants to keep, who he wants shot of, and who he wants to bring in.

It couldn't be emphasised enough how important it is for the club to generate extra revenue, especially as we won't have the parachute money next season.

I think we might really see next year how significant that money is. If CL did have to cut £5 mil of wages with parachute payments, without could be tough.

So whose going to back Kelly's management by buying a Season Ticket?

There is no doubt that plans for the summer will initially be based on the number of ST's bought by the time the 5% discount runs out on May 15th, as this will give a good indication of likely % fall/stay same/growth of crowds next season

There is no doubt that plans for the summer will initially be based on the number of ST's bought by the time the 5% discount runs out on May 15th, as this will give a good indication of likely % fall/stay same/growth of crowds next season

I always will buy a season ticket, cos I haven't got anywhere else to go on saturday afternoons :cry:

Not only renewed, but bought the niece one too. I know it's only £75, and we could easily have lied to get a freebie (it's 8 just days before the cut off), but we decided that every penny counts as far as we're concerned.

NOt me im afraid. I would if I could but im going to uni in scotland. Near my mate CL. :whistle:

Just about to renew, also got my older brother to get one this season! How about that!!! :D

Archived