Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimmy

Walkers Smoke Free

Well when you lose fans who create the atmosphere due to petty mindness 'stick your red card up if you want smoking banned regime' in an open enviroment i hope youl all be happy :mad:

If you care so little about the club you can't go 90 minute (or even 45) without a ciggy, who cares? :huh:

If you care so little about the club you can't go 90 minute (or even 45) without a ciggy, who cares? :huh:

Why should they have too though? they are not illeagal to buy and are addictive, perhaps you should save your scorn for when they try and ban something you enjoy.

They do, there are times I'd love a drink during the match, but I curb my alcoholic tendencies and save it for the pub afterwards.

They do, there are times I'd love a drink during the match, but I curb my alcoholic tendencies and save it for the pub afterwards.

The beer is poor in the Walkers, they poor it and leave it sitting there and then top it up with another left over pint to give it a head....i still drink it though :ph34r:

If they banned beer through out the stadium and you could only get it at the pubs, we'd exactly what i mean. by the way i don't smoke anymore and haven't for several weeks now (excluding the odd crafety one when i am wasted :) )

I can't drink beer/lager, certainly not in any quantity, so effectively I can't drink at football stadia. I also refuse to pay OTT prices for a piddling bottle of wine, when I could buy a full bottle of the stuff from the supermarket.

Don't worry folks, I cope.

It's not really all about not being able to light up in the walkers its the whole smoking ban in itself which in my opinion is just another attack on our personal choice's...

The thing people don't realise is that when everybody is more or less forced to stop smoking and the government is not raking in the tax on ciggys anymore whats gonna happen...do you think there just gonna forget about the 9 billion pounds a year they make from cigarette tax. ummm now let me think about that one for a sec :unsure:

anyways *before i get deeper into a political minefield* has anyone yet come out at HT as the whistle blow's and got a beer and manage to drink it before the start of the second half without having to literally force it down ya neck.....its a challenge but i'll always try again and again lol....

It's not really all about not being able to light up in the walkers its the whole smoking ban in itself which in my opinion is just another attack on our personal choice's...

The thing people don't realise is that when everybody is more or less forced to stop smoking and the government is not raking in the tax on ciggys anymore whats gonna happen...do you think there just gonna forget about the 9 billion pounds a year they make from cigarette tax. ummm now let me think about that one for a sec :unsure:

anyways *before i get deeper into a political minefield* has anyone yet come out at HT as the whistle blow's and got a beer and manage to drink it before the start of the second half without having to literally force it down ya neck.....its a challenge but i'll always try again and again lol....

Well said.

The last part...very true by the time your served youve missed 10 minutes of the second half

Well said.

The last part...very true by the time your served youve missed 10 minutes of the second half

They certainly dont rush do they ....frustration is waiting for a pint whilst the bloke serving is taking as much time as possible lookin like he hasn't a care in the world! :angry:

They certainly dont rush do they ....frustration is waiting for a pint whilst the bloke serving is taking as much time as possible lookin like he hasn't a care in the world! :angry:

Yeah, when you finally get the pint it taste like cat piss, what a anti climax!!!!! :blink::blink:

I go down for a beer at 37 minutes, get served easily and can watch it on the screen. Wot pisses me off though is if you want a packet of cheese and onion crisps, you have to say blue packet else they don't know what you're on about!!!

I go down for a beer at 37 minutes, get served easily and can watch it on the screen. Wot pisses me off though is if you want a packet of cheese and onion crisps, you have to say blue packet else they don't know what you're on about!!!

I know talk about language barrier, i usually just point to what i want :angry:

Of course, there's the savings made by the NHS not having to treat smoking related illnesses..... :whistle:

I have no problem with people smoking, just as long as they appreciate that I do not want to smoke and/or breathe in all their smoke.

Did you all know that in Ireland apparently sales of fags have gone up since the ban, reason being that most people have mates that smoke, these m8's have to go outside for a drag leaving there non smoking friends inside, but this is not the case as these non-smokers who moan and winge are also comimg outside and this bit is the best, starting to smoke. :smile:

Did you all know that in Ireland apparently sales of fags have gone up since the ban, reason being that most people have mates that smoke, these m8's have to go outside for a drag leaving there non smoking friends inside, but this is not the case as these non-smokers who moan and winge are also comimg outside and this bit is the best, starting to smoke. :smile:

lol!! they will ban it outside aswell soon, not only will they moan about fag ends on the floor and pubs being empty due to the fact everyone is outside smoking they will start moaning about the polution in the atmosphere! pubs only need to open windows or get an extrator fan then the pub isnt smokey (works in my dads pub)! all they need to do is ban smoking next to the bar imo

Of course, there's the savings made by the NHS not having to treat smoking related illnesses..... :whistle:

I have no problem with people smoking, just as long as they appreciate that I do not want to smoke and/or breathe in all their smoke.

So if everybody stopped smoking today, how long do you reckon before we see a significant decrease in smoking related illnesses, enough to cover the Tax deficit from smokers? My guess would be 50 years. :whistle:

lol!! they will ban it outside aswell soon, not only will they moan about fag ends on the floor and pubs being empty due to the fact everyone is outside smoking they will start moaning about the polution in the atmosphere! pubs only need to open windows or get an extrator fan then the pub isnt smokey (works in my dads pub)! all they need to do is ban smoking next to the bar imo

How true, well said.. :thumbup:

We've had this debate before.

I'll repeat what I said then. People have the right to go to football matches without running the risk of being poisoned by their fellow "fans".

Too many smokers have been ignorant and inconsiderate. If they prefer to spend money on fags rather than football they'll be no great loss.

I don't buy this argument I'm afraid. I don't smoke I choose not to, I appreciate that you can tell me to go where people aren't smoking. But when I go to the football I'm forced to breathe in other people's smoke, because people sit near me who smoke before the game and at half time and because I don't want to go and stand in the concourse. I appreciate that people want to smoke and its difficult to just stop people. So although I'm in favour of a complete ban, it seems the best thing, although not a perfect solution, is to alocate certain blocks to smoking and others to not.

Is the family stand non-smoking?

We've had this debate before.

I'll repeat what I said then. People have the right to go to football matches without running the risk of being poisoned by their fellow "fans".

yeah like the arseholes who smoke in the concorses and because the stewards are such pussys they do fock all about it

Archived