Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

It's just beginning to sink in isn't it?

He got denounced about his comments on our search for a new manager, not on the state of the way the club is run. I believe at the time myself, rick, Katy, Louise or Lisa (i get them mixed up sometimes - sorry) And others had expressed our concerns at the way the club was run.
Probably both.

I'll slag the FT off if I choose to, I was a member but when their main concerns started to be creches and acting as a mouthpiece to the Club, what was the point? While I appreciate the effort and time that goes in to the FT that doesn't mean they are immune from criticism. Should they start showing some fight and standing up for the fans then they might become a force again.

I don't have the time to get involved to their level, but when they refuse accept valid criticism, you have to start asking what is their reason for existing?

As for criticising the Club I have been doing it for ages, it gives me no pleasure what-so-ever to see us in the mire. But on this site in particular several people used to sing the praises of TD because he responded to their emails. The TD hoax post was absolutely hilarious and showed what is wrong.

It's amazing the way people flip flop and change almost as regularly as the tides.

I'll slag the FT off if I choose to, I was a member but when their main concerns started to be creches and acting as a mouthpiece to the Club, what was the point? While I appreciate the effort and time that goes in to the FT that doesn't mean they are immune from criticism. Should they start showing some fight and standing up for the fans then they might become a force again.

I don't have the time to get involved to their level, but when they refuse accept valid criticism, you have to start asking what is their reason for existing?

As for criticising the Club I have been doing it for ages, it gives me no pleasure what-so-ever to see us in the mire. But on this site in particular several people used to sing the praises of TD because he responded to their emails. The TD hoax post was absolutely hilarious and showed what is wrong.

It's amazing the way people flip flop and change almost as regularly as the tides.

I will say it again, you are making sense to me. ;):thumbup:

but LCFC should have know this to be the case and made better effort to ensure everyone was aware of and had easy access to it. I for one did not vote as the only way I came across access to vote was by down loading from the Internet and posting it. Not acceptable in my view, especially when I’m a season ticket holder and go to every game.

It was suggested that boxes could be placed on the concourse or the megastore and ticket office to post your quesionnaires into, I didn't see one anywhere.

I don't really have opinions on all this political wrangling, but I just have to say how these two statements are completely wrong, or the other way round you both are blind!! :P

These questionnaires were piled high on every pie/pint/betting-slip shelf in the Kop concourse, me and the missus grabbed one each and there were loads left. We were even told that's where thay would be over the PA system!! :rolleyes:

I don't really have opinions on all this political wrangling, but I just have to say how these two statements are completely wrong, or the other way round you both are blind!! :P

These questionnaires were piled high on every pie/pint/betting-slip shelf in the Kop concourse, me and the missus grabbed one each and there were loads left. We were even told that's where thay would be over the PA system!! :rolleyes:

Not blind but partially deaf so wouldn't hear the tannoy announcement and I never hang around the concourse because ironically it's full of smoke. I didn't see them, I don't carry a pen with me in any case.

The simple fact is that the club know that there is a large apathetic portion of supporters, by the way I'm not one of them, if they wanted a serious vote they should and could have made more effort. They have enough people handing pieces of paper every other week why couldn't they have done something similar with this.

Not blind but partially deaf so wouldn't hear the tannoy announcement and I never hang around the concourse because ironically it's full of smoke. I didn't see them, I don't carry a pen with me in any case.

The simple fact is that the club know that there is a large apathetic portion of supporters, by the way I'm not one of them, if they wanted a serious vote they should and could have made more effort. They have enough people handing pieces of paper every other week why couldn't they have done something similar with this.

Okay, that's quite a list of coincidences for you personally but how many other people can say the same. Also I don't carry a pen either, that's why we took them home, filled them in and gave them back to the club!!

But I do see your point about the extra effort, especially when it seems that every game now we've been seat-leted (my own word I've made up!) with more crap!

Okay, that's quite a list of coincidences for you personally but how many other people can say the same. Also I don't carry a pen either, that's why we took them home, filled them in and gave them back to the club!!

But I do see your point about the extra effort, especially when it seems that every game now we've been seat-leted (my own word I've made up!) with more crap!

Well obviously quite a few either that or there are more apathetic fans than even I thought, however on the Kop move alone I would have thought it would have attracted more particpation.

Which makes believe it was a token jesture, a sop to the fans by the club and that they always intended to have the red card vote just for the smoking. otherwise why couldn't they have had a second vote on the Kop move whilst everyone one had their cards there? no cost, no hassle, the answer is they didn't want to move the kop = problems & embarrassment, they did want to stop the smoking = less rubbish, easier to 'marshal', probably reduced insurance payments.

Well obviously quite a few either that or there are more apathetic fans than even I thought, however on the Kop move alone I would have thought it would have attracted more particpation.

Which makes believe it was a token jesture, a sop to the fans by the club and that they always intended to have the red card vote just for the smoking. otherwise why couldn't they have had a second vote on the Kop move whilst everyone one had their cards there? no cost, no hassle, the answer is they didn't want to move the kop = problems & embarrassment, they did want to stop the smoking = less rubbish, easier to 'marshal', probably reduced insurance payments.

The smoking vote was an easy win for the club - they knew which way the vote would go, and they had probably already decided to implement a ban. Therefore they can appear to consult the fans and get approval. The Kop move to be honest they don't want to do it, as no doubt the Saftey people have said it's a bad idea, the Police would charge more etc. So gauge opinion and if it has huge support consider it further it, if not then keep the status quo. Might have done the same myself.

I was responding to the fact Davieg was opposed to posting the forms back, not the lack of forms. :rolleyes:

I think its going to be a few years until we get anywhere near the premiership again, unless we do it next season. We need an investor, like portsmouth (a sleeping giant remember :whistle: ).i can see our better player leaving next summer in their droves, leaving us as a sort of larger crewe.having to rely on our academy which is showing signs of finally bearing fruit after being set up how many years ago?

we dont even know if RK is the right man for the job yet.he hasnt really changed much.are we playing beautiful flowing football?the team is still unbalanced although i know he hasnt really had the oppotunity to strengthen.

hes unproven and was the right, easy and only option for the board to take, yet some people seem to have blind faith in him.i'm still sceptical as over recent times all the managers have got our hopes up (praps not CL).most new managers have a honeymoon period that gets everyone excited and start dreaming of glory.If we fail this season,we wont be back for a long time.the debt of the stadium isnt going down and fans money will drop very suddenly if they continue to be arrogant and demand so much for tickets.

on the running side of things, is anyone truly surprised at the state?isnt pretty much every football club (read: business) shady?there are always people in it to gain money, most dont care about the fans that much. but no matter because soon football will undergo major changes IMO.the money leaving the game cannot continue at the current rate.popularity is falling in most countries now as they become disillusioned with the way football is heading.soon it will be the top clubs on their own, the money income from corporate sponsors will drop and all clubs will have to start again.....maybe... :( that wouldnt be a bad thing though would it??

I think its going to be a few years until we get anywhere near the premiership again, unless we do it next season. We need an investor, like portsmouth (a sleeping giant remember :whistle: ).i can see our better player leaving next summer in their droves, leaving us as a sort of larger crewe.having to rely on our academy which is showing signs of finally bearing fruit after being set up how many years ago?

we dont even know if RK is the right man for the job yet.he hasnt really changed much.are we playing beautiful flowing football?the team is still unbalanced although i know he hasnt really had the oppotunity to strengthen.

hes unproven and was the right, easy and only option for the board to take, yet some people seem to have blind faith in him.i'm still sceptical as over recent times all the managers have got our hopes up (praps not CL).most new managers have a honeymoon period that gets everyone excited and start dreaming of glory.If we fail this season,we wont be back for a long time.the debt of the stadium isnt going down and fans money will drop very suddenly if they continue to be arrogant and demand so much for tickets.

on the running side of things, is anyone truly surprised at the state?isnt pretty much every football club (read: business) shady?there are always people in it to gain money, most dont care about the fans that much. but no matter because soon football will undergo major changes IMO.the money leaving the game cannot continue at the current rate.popularity is falling in most countries now as they become disillusioned with the way football is heading.soon it will be the top clubs on their own, the money income from corporate sponsors will drop and all clubs will have to start again.....maybe... :( that wouldnt be a bad thing though would it??

What a f'cking bang on post, tremendous stuff Phil.

:thumbup:

Foxes trust, I have never liked and I don't think I will as long as you go on your merry way, sticking your nose in all the time and raising sod all money. You like Davies, because he supports you and mace didn't because he realised what morons you really are. Davies is incompetent and you fail to realise that. Youy were really helpful in the administration adn your fans forums have been invaluable>>> :ermm:

When you realise the best way to get involved in the football club is not to worry about the colour of the kits and start raising some money will be the day pigs fly.

You, like Davies are incompetent fools :mad:

Yeah that made me laugh as well, he wasn't very good at all. We can agree on some things :thumbup:

However,

Once again you demonstrate your lack of knowledge about football and what is going on. The people you mention are all owners they don't run the Club so your comparison is futile.

That said -

Abramovich doesn't run Chelsea, he has Peter Kenyon, Frank Aarnsen (sp) and David Barnard (all football people by the way) running the show. Abramovich signs the cheques for the players everything else is PK & DB.

Same with Al Fayed, he has people who understand the game looking after Fulham.

As for Martin George he presided over the Clubs renaissance so he is exempt from the sdlightest criticism.

Then you take our Board and Executives, lets look at the role of shame:

La Manga - refused to accept MA's resignation then refused to release the report in to the investigation, despite saying "there will be no whitewash!"

Pepsi Max Tourne - what a flop, although Mace did fall for that, but no one took responsibility for hiring him.

Micky Adams - refusing his resignation again.

Craig Levein - they really got that right didn't they. They got him in, I believe he was the best man for the job but instantly undermined him by bringing in their man to assist him, that doesn't work. Then when it wasn't working the delayed getting shot of him despite TD publicly stating he was happy with CL's long term plan. So how come those that selected him are still here?

One Year Kit Cycle - talk about shafting the very lifeblood of the Club and isn't that against recommendations from the OFT?

Ticket prices - fiasco and sheer arrogance.

Stewarding and the SAG - spineless and disorganised, they let them ride roughshod over the home support.

Groundshare - public statements then nothing materialises.

Fans Surveys - apparently everything is rosy amongst the support - yeah right.

Birchgate - you know that subject you aren't allowed to talk about but every single Leicester fan knows was true, but you stayed remarkably quiet on.

We're in it together - are we bollox, we're in it because of their ineptitude and now they need us big time.

No money reports - ooops the Mirror has started arses twitching at the Club and amongst our current creditors.

Worst season in 15 years - be interested to know how those that oversaw this season are still considered good enough to take this Club forward?

So once again, and I'll keep on asking, are the FT happy with the performance Board and CEO over the last 3 years? (to help you out I think your continual avoidance in answering suggests you think they are not good enough, but saying so publicly would mean you lose your privalages on Matchdays. No more free tea and sandwiches and that just wouldn't do now would it?)

Top post.

As I said in another forum this rule where 250k is the max investment any one guy can make will severely hinder investment into the club, if I had cash to invest I wouldnt want to ivest 250k knowing it wont make a difference and that will be it. I would want to invest a large enough amount probably to steamroll to promotion and have at least a place on the board. This limit appears to be setup as a safety net for keeping the current people in charge safely locked in their seats. I would still like to know why martin george was declined as chairman for his turned down investment yet this guy who hasnt been in football before becomes a "PAID" chairman for his 250k. Sorry but thats just sick.

Top post.

As I said in another forum this rule where 250k is the max investment any one guy can make will severely hinder investment into the club, if I had cash to invest I wouldnt want to ivest 250k knowing it wont make a difference and that will be it. I would want to invest a large enough amount probably to steamroll to promotion and have at least a place on the board. This limit appears to be setup as a safety net for keeping the current people in charge safely locked in their seats. I would still like to know why martin george was declined as chairman for his turned down investment yet this guy who hasnt been in football before becomes a "PAID" chairman for his 250k. Sorry but thats just sick.

To be fair if any industry - football included - only hired executives with a background in that industry they would never move forward, use any new strategies or ideas etc. You have to bring in new blood at some point. So I don't follow the argument that a non football background is a disaster.

Besides, we are no more able to bring in a top football managing director / CEO / Exec Chairman than we are to sign a top class player. We can't afford the wages and we can't attract them anyway.

Yeah that made me laugh as well, he wasn't very good at all. We can agree on some things :thumbup:

However,

Once again you demonstrate your lack of knowledge about football and what is going on. The people you mention are all owners they don't run the Club so your comparison is futile.

That said -

Abramovich doesn't run Chelsea, he has Peter Kenyon, Frank Aarnsen (sp) and David Barnard (all football people by the way) running the show. Abramovich signs the cheques for the players everything else is PK & DB.

Same with Al Fayed, he has people who understand the game looking after Fulham.

As for Martin George he presided over the Clubs renaissance so he is exempt from the sdlightest criticism.

Then you take our Board and Executives, lets look at the role of shame:

La Manga - refused to accept MA's resignation then refused to release the report in to the investigation, despite saying "there will be no whitewash!"

Pepsi Max Tourne - what a flop, although Mace did fall for that, but no one took responsibility for hiring him.

Micky Adams - refusing his resignation again.

Craig Levein - they really got that right didn't they. They got him in, I believe he was the best man for the job but instantly undermined him by bringing in their man to assist him, that doesn't work. Then when it wasn't working the delayed getting shot of him despite TD publicly stating he was happy with CL's long term plan. So how come those that selected him are still here?

One Year Kit Cycle - talk about shafting the very lifeblood of the Club and isn't that against recommendations from the OFT?

Ticket prices - fiasco and sheer arrogance.

Stewarding and the SAG - spineless and disorganised, they let them ride roughshod over the home support.

Groundshare - public statements then nothing materialises.

Fans Surveys - apparently everything is rosy amongst the support - yeah right.

Birchgate - you know that subject you aren't allowed to talk about but every single Leicester fan knows was true, but you stayed remarkably quiet on.

We're in it together - are we bollox, we're in it because of their ineptitude and now they need us big time.

No money reports - ooops the Mirror has started arses twitching at the Club and amongst our current creditors.

Worst season in 15 years - be interested to know how those that oversaw this season are still considered good enough to take this Club forward?

So once again, and I'll keep on asking, are the FT happy with the performance Board and CEO over the last 3 years? (to help you out I think your continual avoidance in answering suggests you think they are not good enough, but saying so publicly would mean you lose your privalages on Matchdays. No more free tea and sandwiches and that just wouldn't do now would it?)

You are on a roll. :D:D;):thumbup:

Archived