Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

It's just beginning to sink in isn't it?

There has been many an argument with me on here about how badly run we are as a Club, no fault of any of the fans (well not fully, but I'll come to that), but when stories of us having no money start to circulate in the press you know what happens?

People we owe money to start to get twitchy and given our credit history of recent times we are a real cause for concern to many. It has been clear as day for over a season now we are rudderless off the park and yet no one but a few dissenting voices said anything. As with most things people didn't want to hear it and shut their ears and carried on in blissful self contained ignorance. An email here and there from the CEO and other employees showed that they really care about the Club, really they do!!! The fans should have been making noises months ago, but were to busy happy clapping to Horny Henry or the ball boys.

Now we are spunking a huge amount of money on 2 other Executives to try and recover from the previous COO and current CEO and yet no heads other than CL have rolled, why is that? Several times the FT have been asked if they are happy with the performances of the board and others and they never give an answer. Shows what a backbone they have and what power they weild over the Club. Some punk can walk up with 5 quid and get a seat on the board, the FT negotiated 500 million quid or something equally daft for themselves!!!!

Are the fans of this Club only concerned with matters on the pitch, is the goings on or lack of them in the corridors of the Walkers not a worry? You know when the FT says this was all budgeted for it is codswallop as the Club haven't been straight with the FT for about 3 years now.

If the FT and majority of the fans had any nouse then they would be mobilising the LCFC support to remove those who don't benefit the Club in anyway. They would increase their membership and push for a bigger say in the running of the Club instead of being a patsy.

I hope enough people get it soon before it is too late otherwise we're off in our own directions to watch Oadby, Quorn, Hinckley, Nuneaton or St. Andrews every week as this great Club dies a death.

You can see the stark realisation drifting over the various LCFC messageboards day by day.

Rough times ahead peeps.

Some truth in what you say. IMO the club has to change its set up to be able to attract major investment. whilst on the one hand i applaud the "family local" virtues of the club I also see it as a potential hinderence to advancement. the "local" sponsorship can also be aplauded but were the best deals for the club really done. are alliance and leicester really the best shirt/stand sponsors? not saying they are not a good local company but could/should we have done better.

the sponsorship of the added time board shows how desperate we really are. if we had sponsored yellow card we could have raise even more money!

I think long term we have to question the policy of small scale investors only. most small scale/family type clubs are in the 2nd and 3rd division and in european football only barcelona (with several thousand "small" investors) buck the trend.

the ownership of the ground is another millstone around our necks. as we are only serviciing the debt with interest only payments which must cost us close on 1m a year and get us no nearer to owning the ground. this payment will continue to hamper our long term progress. I know i'll get slated for this but the groundshare falling through was a financial set back for our club. the only other alternative (if this is allowed) would be for the local council to buy it perhaps via a one off payment on the council tax for every household in the county. they would then be able to take proceeds from ebvents but be able to lease it back to us a so-called peppercorn rent. (i think some clubs in france used to/still operate in this way)

There has been many an argument with me on here about how badly run we are as a Club, no fault of any of the fans (well not fully, but I'll come to that), but when stories of us having no money start to circulate in the press you know what happens?

People we owe money to start to get twitchy and given our credit history of recent times we are a real cause for concern to many. It has been clear as day for over a season now we are rudderless off the park and yet no one but a few dissenting voices said anything. As with most things people didn't want to hear it and shut their ears and carried on in blissful self contained ignorance. An email here and there from the CEO and other employees showed that they really care about the Club, really they do!!! The fans should have been making noises months ago, but were to busy happy clapping to Horny Henry or the ball boys.

Now we are spunking a huge amount of money on 2 other Executives to try and recover from the previous COO and current CEO and yet no heads other than CL have rolled, why is that? Several times the FT have been asked if they are happy with the performances of the board and others and they never give an answer. Shows what a backbone they have and what power they weild over the Club. Some punk can walk up with 5 quid and get a seat on the board, the FT negotiated 500 million quid or something equally daft for themselves!!!!

Are the fans of this Club only concerned with matters on the pitch, is the goings on or lack of them in the corridors of the Walkers not a worry? You know when the FT says this was all budgeted for it is codswallop as the Club haven't been straight with the FT for about 3 years now.

If the FT and majority of the fans had any nouse then they would be mobilising the LCFC support to remove those who don't benefit the Club in anyway. They would increase their membership and push for a bigger say in the running of the Club instead of being a patsy.

I hope enough people get it soon before it is too late otherwise we're off in our own directions to watch Oadby, Quorn, Hinckley, Nuneaton or St. Andrews every week as this great Club dies a death.

You can see the stark realisation drifting over the various LCFC messageboards day by day.

Rough times ahead peeps.

How about setting up a rival to the Foxes Trust? :huh::unsure:

How about setting up a rival to the Foxes Trust? :huh::unsure:

Under Trust rules there is only one per club allowed. This became a hot topic when Supporters Direct aided the setting up of the Wimbledon Trust - they then became a major part of AFC Wimbledon. so when MK Dons applied to set up a Trust it was refused, as a Trust had already been set up for the original club.

If you want to change how the FT works you need to become a member, stand for election to tha board & influence the future direction.

Rough times ahead peeps.

Barton Fox

- you can see who runs the Trust by visiting our contact us page http://www.foxestrust.com/html/modules.php...=showpage&pid=8

If you feel you have real data to prove the club is ran badly, then why don't you provide it to us, so we can question the club

Although you may not want to reveal your identity on here, how about e-mailing us on [email protected]

From what you have consistently posted over the months you appear to have an axe to grind with those running the club & by what you post damage the club (just like you claim others are doing to it above).

So how about doing something constructive or are you just going to continue damaging its reputation on here instead???

what sort of things are the trust doing at the moment? besides the tournament of course

In recent weeks we have held meetings with:

Andrew Taylor

Tim Davies

Jo Bucci

Attended the LCFC Board Meeting

Attended the LCFC Audit Committee

Attended the Fans Consultative Committee

Topics covered across those meetings were many & varied.

With the new people (AT & JB) we discussed previous successes & failures & made it clear we are available to be consulted on any issue. Dialogue has continued with them both since the meetings.

We believe both bring far more commercial strength to the organisation than it has had in a number of years & also lightens TD's load. No organisation the size of LCFC should be ran on a day to day basis by one person.

Are you a tabloid journalist vastly mis-quoting figures?

- new chairman invests £250k - becomes Jt 6th largest shareholder (appointment requires shareholder to ratify)

- we were given the target of 10% of the initial planned total shareholding as a target, hence £500k - we did try to negotiate it down but had no joy.

We said what is budgeted for? Certainly the reduced crowd numbers weren't, hence the shortfall has to be covered from the Connolly sale.

We see the monthly financial statement along with other shareholders - do you Barton?

If the FT and majority of the fans had any nouse then they would be mobilising the LCFC support to remove those who don't benefit the Club in anyway.

In your eyes 'those who don't benefit' are?

Mace went, the under performing commercial side has had another recent departure hasn't it?

They would increase their membership and push for a bigger say in the running of the Club instead of being a patsy.

We still want a bigger say & will try to influence our fellow shareholders to vote for an FT representative to be a full Non Exec board member later this year.

So Barton what 3 things would you do if you were on the Trust board?

I wouldn't say it's just started to sink in with me, I've been disillusioned with the club for a while now. And while most of my grievences have been 'minor' issues (lack of the promised La Manga report, one-year kit cycles, rumours of sackings and then a cover-up), they do build up. Add that to the various rumours that come out of the club and it doesn't look good. Add that to the 'honest' image TD comes out with and it's just confusing. However, it is hard to see what can be done when no investor seems keen on taking over the club. Now, I'm just a fan with no connections, so I don't know if there is someone out there who is just put off by another aspect of the club. They didn't come forward when we needed them a few years ago. I know there are complicated issues surrounding how many shares can be bought by one person. What I do see is that there appears to be a lack of investment and scouting for investment - presumably this is what the new chairman is for, whether he can achieve that I don't know.

Many will call me a pessimist, but I can see it getting worse in the league from here on in, not challenging for playoffs as some people expect. The squad is pretty thin, lose McCarthy and we look very weak at the back, we have no wingers, we have a couple of good young strikers but no plan B, arguably our best midfielder is leaving. And we have no money in the future to change things, apart from what we'll get from selling our best players, which without a lot of luck leads you no-where.

Now, maybe I'm just going over the top about all of this, but how am I supposed to know when there is no transparency from the club about what we can achieve and what we desire to achieve next season - in fact the next few seasons. Forget about the ludicrous new slogan. What are the board doing to gain promotion? What will they do if we don't get it? Can they be nasty? That shouldn't come from Rob, as managers have been put on the road to ruin by such claims (Micky) but there should be some direction from within the club. Of course they won't say it now, because they're selling STs, but I very much suspect that they'll be happy with the various articles about how broke we are, as they can then say 'we told you so' in the summer when we spend nothing, and again this time next year when we're in much the same position, only this time our promising young players will have had enough and decided to move on.

I wouldn't say it's just started to sink in with me, I've been disillusioned with the club for a while now. And while most of my grievences have been 'minor' issues (lack of the promised La Manga report, one-year kit cycles, rumours of sackings and then a cover-up), they do build up. Add that to the various rumours that come out of the club and it doesn't look good. Add that to the 'honest' image TD comes out with and it's just confusing. However, it is hard to see what can be done when no investor seems keen on taking over the club. Now, I'm just a fan with no connections, so I don't know if there is someone out there who is just put off by another aspect of the club. They didn't come forward when we needed them a few years ago. I know there are complicated issues surrounding how many shares can be bought by one person. What I do see is that there appears to be a lack of investment and scouting for investment - presumably this is what the new chairman is for, whether he can achieve that I don't know.

Many will call me a pessimist, but I can see it getting worse in the league from here on in, not challenging for playoffs as some people expect. The squad is pretty thin, lose McCarthy and we look very weak at the back, we have no wingers, we have a couple of good young strikers but no plan B, arguably our best midfielder is leaving. And we have no money in the future to change things, apart from what we'll get from selling our best players, which without a lot of luck leads you no-where.

Now, maybe I'm just going over the top about all of this, but how am I supposed to know when there is no transparency from the club about what we can achieve and what we desire to achieve next season - in fact the next few seasons. Forget about the ludicrous new slogan. What are the board doing to gain promotion? What will they do if we don't get it? Can they be nasty? That shouldn't come from Rob, as managers have been put on the road to ruin by such claims (Micky) but there should be some direction from within the club. Of course they won't say it now, because they're selling STs, but I very much suspect that they'll be happy with the various articles about how broke we are, as they can then say 'we told you so' in the summer when we spend nothing, and again this time next year when we're in much the same position, only this time our promising young players will have had enough and decided to move on.

Does the club want promotion?im not so sure.I think the club just want to reastablish themselfs in the championship for a few years.Lets be honest if we get promotion next season can you see us staying up?i know we will have some cash from the premier league but that wont buy us 2 new wingers,another midfeilder/s,backup for mc carthy and maybe another striker wil it??not to mention another goalkeeper.

i think the best we can look forward too is to keep hold of our best players for a few years while we build a bigger better squad.

That's exactly how I feel. The worrying thing is that this club (the playing side) is probably at it's strongest it well be for many years and if they don't get right this season then it's going to be a downward spiral that could leave this club ruined for years if not forever. None of it is that surprising though, the promotion that Adams got us has made things worse if anything because it's probably made the fans and the club as a whole forget how much shit we really are in and now the money has dried up from that little swansong season we are back to where we were and as Barton says the people we owe money could get abit twitchy and that might lead to some devious goings on behind the scenes.

It's going to be a frustrating year next year I think, i'm just ever thankful that we still have 2 or 3 players that are often worth the entrance fee alone.

Both Jo Bucci and Andrew Taylor were at the last Fans Consultative Committee, and I'm not convinced. I don't know what to think about the club to be honest.

It's little things that do it for me, like the smoking issue. It's great that the club wanted to take it to a vote and do what the fans want, but surely the board of a company with a sizeable turnover should have the balls to make a decision without consulting it's "customers". Would a decent sized store have a vote to decide, say, on the new decor? Would you see any of the Premiership clubs giving their fans a big say on changing a policy?

Like I say, it's great that they want a lot of involvement from us, but I get the feeling that they go from one extreme to another, without creating a balance that will gain the right level of respect from the majority of fans.

Good post Louise.

Im not totally convinced by the nicey, nicey image the club is trying to portray, it just doesnt feel right. Theres a heck of a lot of things going on behind the scenes that we dont know about and probably will never know about. I know what I think, I dont need to be patronised by Barton Fox although he does bring up some interesting points.

Maybe the club need to be a bit more honest with us, we aren't a bunch of dimwits ( :unsure: ) its our money we are putting into the club and being bribed into getting a season ticket if I 'want to let RK have more money to spend' makes me feel a bit sick. There's a lot of things that dont add up with the Club.

Under Trust rules there is only one per club allowed. This became a hot topic when Supporters Direct aided the setting up of the Wimbledon Trust - they then became a major part of AFC Wimbledon. so when MK Dons applied to set up a Trust it was refused, as a Trust had already been set up for the original club.

If you want to change how the FT works you need to become a member, stand for election to tha board & influence the future direction.

This stinks. :mad::mad: Then some other non-Trust, non-profit organisation. :huh::unsure:;):thumbup:

This stinks. :mad::mad: Then some other non-Trust, non-profit organisation. :huh::unsure:;):thumbup:

Really? what would it achieve? Apart from more internal bickering. The club see FT as a way of connecting with the fans. If they are not representitive then it is the FT's duty to sort that out.

The blunt reality is that we built a stadium when we were on an upward slope. The only way to overcome it is a) by massive investment or b) becoming good again. Both are going to take stability and faith, and TIME. Bickering over how good or bad the FT are will get our club nowhere. No matter how much debt we are in we should strive to be managed well financially.

We have got a lot of positive things to take out of the first half of 2006. I feel to many people are jumping ahead of themselves. We still have a long way to go, no matter how good RK is. But what RK has done is stop the rot, and brought us some stability on and off the field.

Personally I don't think the board have done anything wrong since Christmas. I think it was right to ask the fans about the smoking policy and the same people would have moaned 'well they didnt ask us!' if it was the other way around so they lose out from some people whatever they do.

Have faith and keep it. We have our stability and we have our pride. We are on the right road.

In recent weeks we have held meetings with:

Andrew Taylor

Tim Davies

Jo Bucci

Attended the LCFC Board Meeting

Attended the LCFC Audit Committee

Attended the Fans Consultative Committee

Topics covered across those meetings were many & varied.

With the new people (AT & JB) we discussed previous successes & failures & made it clear we are available to be consulted on any issue. Dialogue has continued with them both since the meetings.

We believe both bring far more commercial strength to the organisation than it has had in a number of years & also lightens TD's load. No organisation the size of LCFC should be ran on a day to day basis by one person.

That's the problem, you should have made it clear you must be consulted on any issue. With in excess of £200K invested we are one of the major share holders. Unless we start to get more respect from the board (and by that I meamn a full seat on the board not just a listening role) we should threaten to withdraw our investment.

It's time fans realised this club is still run by a small band of money men who were responsible for the appointment of 'The blonde chick in the Dolce Gabban suit' (pinched it from The Fox). Most directors do as they are told. How do you think the new chairman got appointed over the original choice.

Really? what would it achieve? Apart from more internal bickering. The club see FT as a way of connecting with the fans. If they are not representitive then it is the FT's duty to sort that out.

The blunt reality is that we built a stadium when we were on an upward slope. The only way to overcome it is a) by massive investment or b) becoming good again. Both are going to take stability and faith, and TIME. Bickering over how good or bad the FT are will get our club nowhere. No matter how much debt we are in we should strive to be managed well financially.

We have got a lot of positive things to take out of the first half of 2006. I feel to many people are jumping ahead of themselves. We still have a long way to go, no matter how good RK is. But what RK has done is stop the rot, and brought us some stability on and off the field.

Personally I don't think the board have done anything wrong since Christmas. I think it was right to ask the fans about the smoking policy and the same people would have moaned 'well they didnt ask us!' if it was the other way around so they lose out from some people whatever they do.

Have faith and keep it. We have our stability and we have our pride. We are on the right road.

Have you forgotten about the pathetic attempt over a cover up with the Birch and Andrew Neville, etc?

That's exactly how I feel. The worrying thing is that this club (the playing side) is probably at it's strongest it well be for many years and if they don't get right this season then it's going to be a downward spiral that could leave this club ruined for years if not forever. None of it is that surprising though, the promotion that Adams got us has made things worse if anything because it's probably made the fans and the club as a whole forget how much shit we really are in and now the money has dried up from that little swansong season we are back to where we were and as Barton says the people we owe money could get abit twitchy and that might lead to some devious goings on behind the scenes.

It's going to be a frustrating year next year I think, i'm just ever thankful that we still have 2 or 3 players that are often worth the entrance fee alone.

At last a sensible thread. I have read all on here and must say it expresses all the concerns I have had for some time. The FT should spend more time letting it's members know what is going on, not trying to score points of Barton Fox (who may well be one of there members). Some of the FT board are beginning to sound like some of the main board and then I start to wonder why I bothered helping them in the first place.

It strikes me that when they get to mix with the suits on a Saturday they forget who put them there.

At last a sensible thread. I have read all on here and must say it expresses all the concerns I have had for some time. The FT should spend more time letting it's members know what is going on, not trying to score points of Barton Fox (who may well be one of there members). Some of the FT board are beginning to sound like some of the main board and then I start to wonder why I bothered helping them in the first place.

It strikes me that when they get to mix with the suits on a Saturday they forget who put them there.

... and this is one the disincentives for joining them. :huh::unsure::whistle::rolleyes:

Have you forgotten about the pathetic attempt over a cover up with the Birch and Andrew Neville, etc?

No. Ok there was that. That was more a people management problem though than the actual progression of our club.

A few thoughts on the various points made

1) Transparency is all very well, but if you make known information like how much cash you have for example then you weaken your negotiating position when trying to buy new players. You could also risk you credit rating being reduced and interest payments increasing.

2) With regard to the appointment of 2 new Executives, this is a positive move. When you are in the sh1t, this is the time you MUST invest in people. Cutting the people who run the business will reduce the performance and risk everything that has been achieved since Administration. You might not like the salaries they are paid, and in fact they may not be the best at what they do, but if they were maybe they would be at Man Utd or Chelsea. No different from the players or coaching staff. Bartonfox points out that we have been rudderless for a season or more. If that is the case then a new Chairman and senior executive is a positive move isn't it?

3) The FT should indeed push for a proper seat on the board as such large shareholders. Sounds like this is in progress. However, appreciate that when they do have a seat, they will not be able to tell everyone everything. See point 1 above. Some things need to be kept within the club. This is business, not just sport. Get over it.

4) Let's not be too negative. We ith the squad we have, including it's know weaknesses we have put together a good run of results. OK we will lose Joey which is a blow, but we may well have Weso back to fill the gap. RK has shown he can make this group of players win games. So lets hope he can keep doing so.

I think we're moving in the right direction, which isn't something which anyone could have said three months ago.

It may be a while before we recapture Premiership status, let alone our former glories of the MON years, but we have a nucleus of promising young players who given time could develop into a VERY useful side.

So it doesn't make sense to preach doom and gloom.

Are you a tabloid journalist vastly mis-quoting figures?

- new chairman invests £250k - becomes Jt 6th largest shareholder (appointment requires shareholder to ratify)

- we were given the target of 10% of the initial planned total shareholding as a target, hence £500k - we did try to negotiate it down but had no joy.

Do you not think the figures were tounge-in-cheek? But you have to ask why Andrew Taylor can bowl up with 250k and get a seat on the board and the 'fans body' has to find double that, do you not think that sends a very strong message? Perhaps they don't won't your involvement. Lip service is all they pay to you.

We said what is budgeted for? Certainly the reduced crowd numbers weren't, hence the shortfall has to be covered from the Connolly sale.

We see the monthly financial statement along with other shareholders - do you Barton?

I'm sorry, you yourself said either on here on on The Fox that there were budgets in place for not going up, clearly they weren't and you know full well troublelies ahead, but it's one of those 'things you can't tell your members', because the Club sensor you.

In your eyes 'those who don't benefit' are?

Mace went, the under performing commercial side has had another recent departure hasn't it?

Ah here we go, once again you refuse to comment on the performance of the board and the CEO. Please for once can you explain to me and perhaps the rest on here who are interested, what benefit do the Club get from Tim Davies? Unless I am mistaken under his guidance off the field we have fallen from the Premiership to our worst season in 15 years and he is now scrabbling round with pathetic marketing gimmicks and new employees who, lets face it, if they were any good wouldn't be at this sinking ship.

Yes Mace went and it has taken how long to get another non football Executive in place to arrest the situation?

We still want a bigger say & will try to influence our fellow shareholders to vote for an FT representative to be a full Non Exec board member later this year.

So Barton what 3 things would you do if you were on the Trust board?

First off I'd start repairing the damage done by the current board and I'd find out why so many Leicester fans view the FT as a Club mouthpiece.

Secondly, I would then start to repair the failings of the FT and push for new members and new funds, because without the majority of fans you are nothing and the Club know it. Not sure why the FT can't see that just now?

Thirdly, I would start communicating and getting under the Clubs skin. It's okay to do that, it doesn't make you a trouble maker or disloyal.

Finally, can you let us know if the FT are happy with the performance of the Club's Board and Executives over the last 36 months or so?

Do you not think the figures were tounge-in-cheek? But you have to ask why Andrew Taylor can bowl up with 250k and get a seat on the board and the 'fans body' has to find double that, do you not think that sends a very strong message? Perhaps they don't won't your involvement. Lip service is all they pay to you.

I'm sorry, you yourself said either on here on on The Fox that there were budgets in place for not going up, clearly they weren't and you know full well troublelies ahead, but it's one of those 'things you can't tell your members', because the Club sensor you.

Ah here we go, once again you refuse to comment on the performance of the board and the CEO. Please for once can you explain to me and perhaps the rest on here who are interested, what benefit do the Club get from Tim Davies? Unless I am mistaken under his guidance off the field we have fallen from the Premiership to our worst season in 15 years and he is now scrabbling round with pathetic marketing gimmicks and new employees who, lets face it, if they were any good wouldn't be at this sinking ship.

Yes Mace went and it has taken how long to get another non football Executive in place to arrest the situation?

First off I'd start repairing the damage done by the current board and I'd find out why so many Leicester fans view the FT as a Club mouthpiece.

Secondly, I would then start to repair the failings of the FT and push for new members and new funds, because without the majority of fans you are nothing and the Club know it. Not sure why the FT can't see that just now?

Thirdly, I would start communicating and getting under the Clubs skin. It's okay to do that, it doesn't make you a trouble maker or disloyal.

Finally, can you let us know if the FT are happy with the performance of the Club's Board and Executives over the last 36 months or so?

You are making sense to me. :D:D:D;):thumbup:

Archived