Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Only one Midlands club in the Prem...

This is a sad reflection on football in the region, to have only one representative in the top division in English football.

What has gone so wrong with midlands football??

London has its obvious reasons, and maybe Liverpool and Manchester. But what about the North West?? I mean how can Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn all be there, and we only have Villa!! Shocking!!

And it would be Villa left in the prem wouldn't it! :mad::mad:

Its not good for the midlands but i'd rather have Villa come down and have no midlands teams in the prem...BUT hopefully next season we can wave at Villa as they come down and we go up :unsure:

This is a sad reflection on football in the region, to have only one representative in the top division in English football.

What has gone so wrong with midlands football??

London has its obvious reasons, and maybe Liverpool and Manchester. But what about the North West?? I mean how can Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn all be there, and we only have Villa!! Shocking!!

What's all this "we" business? Since when have Villa been our kith and kin, fighting with us shoulder to shoulder for the good name of Midlanders everywhere? The only thing wrong with the fact that there's only one Midlands Premiership club is that it's not Leicester.

Wigan have a benefactor. Blackburn have a benefactor. Bolton have a damn good manager. But their time will come - they'll be down amongst the dead men in due course. Just as City, Forest and Birmingham will rise again. At some unknown point in the future.

Football's cyclical for 95% of clubs - its just coincidence that at the moment, everyone in the Midlands is crap.

Bothered, least we don't have to travel as many miles to some away matches and have some local derbies. Look on the bright side.

Yes,you have loads of short distance games next season,I'm gutted we're not going to be in the championship next season,Northampton,Chesterfield and possibly Linclon will be the short distance journeys for us next season :angry:

Archived