Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Group Line Up's Announced

Foxestrust... can you ask the club - Why do other clubs in the area get decent bands and we couldn't even go through with the Status Quo thing?

Even places like Coventry, which I'm sure you will agree is a sh it hole, get decent names. We get these international friendlies, for which I suppose we should be grateful, but why not live music. As far as I understand it, this was the intention, we have the license, it's a potential revenue stream.. what's the hold up?

Foxestrust... can you ask the club - Why do other clubs in the area get decent bands and we couldn't even go through with the Status Quo thing?

Even places like Coventry, which I'm sure you will agree is a sh it hole, get decent names. We get these international friendlies, for which I suppose we should be grateful, but why not live music. As far as I understand it, this was the intention, we have the license, it's a potential revenue stream.. what's the hold up?

Probably incapable of organising it without the help of the Tigers, the reason for the merger, so no merger no bands :rolleyes:

The hold up is the fact that we cut costs!!!

when they built the stadium they used the wrong steel or something stupid and therefore we only have a license for 15000 people which to be honest is shit!!!

15000 is no bigger than Nottingham Arena and smaller than the NEC so as a venue for outdoor festivals it just can't compete!! we are never going to get any big bands to play it's just to small

The hold up is the fact that we cut costs!!!

when they built the stadium they used the wrong steel or something stupid and therefore we only have a license for 15000 people which to be honest is shit!!!

15000 is no bigger than Nottingham Arena and smaller than the NEC so as a venue for outdoor festivals it just can't compete!! we are never going to get any big bands to play it's just to small

I re-iterate. What a fu cking shambles.

The club really does amaze me at some point.

COVENTRY are getting big names. COVENTRY.

When I queried that this is the reply I got:

From Peter Jones

The Walkers Stadium meets the current safety requirements as a sporting venue. It is tested annually.

However Rock Concerts introduce a different crowd movement and trends. Legislative requirements stipulate that the dynamic frequency must be to a higher specification. If Rock Concerts are staged at The Walkers Stadium the necessary requirements will be met.

I'm not sure what the last sentence means, as in we can cope with big crowds or we will mwwt the requirements by having smaller crowds.

I suspect the last, so not much use that reply was it?

I find this all to be pretty pathetic I'm afraid.

Don't be afraid because it's totally pathetic, if they ran a piss up in a brewery they'd run out of beer.

The initial problems here rest with those that ran the club that took us into administration, as Jay stated a cut back in material costs mean currently we can only hold a pop concert for a vastly reduced audience, below the 15k Jay mentioned.

Work could be done to increase the capacity at a cost, but the stage would be at one end of the ground, so the maximum capacity would be early 20,000's anyway.

The concerts clubs have put on themselves are not making money & therefore hopefully our club having learnt from the aborted pop concert where Mace made a right pigs ear of promoting (or not promoting through the right media channels - no not the Mercury), will now only act as a venue & let a professional promoter do the rest.

The potential profit from this is less, a venue fee, but so is any exposure to losses. Once we have had several successful promoter ran concerts & therefore the venue is established, then we could look at promoting ourselves.

That all said, we don't believe there are any plans to move forward on this at present, remembering it is not proving a major money spinner for other clubs.

Anyway what's this all got to do with 5 a side group line ups... they aren't pop groups you know, although if team players want to sign their colleagues on it will add to the atmosphere.....

Archived