Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ultra

England Captain

Theo Walcott! :unsure:

John Terry for me, these two are both natural leaders but Terry i see as a bit more of a leader and is also as Jose would say "a champion"

Saying that i still like Beckham as captain and wouldn't mind he if still had the armband.

who cares, beckham will have it for the next 4 years at least, unless of course McClaren gets the sack.

i would give it to Terry though, i wanted to say gerrard but i feel we still haven't seen the best of him in an england shirt.

The poll is knackered in this, i've had to remove it.

I think it was done on purpose so John Terry would win, that's why DavieG said "Do I detect a little favouritism :P"

who cares, beckham will have it for the next 4 years at least, unless of course McClaren gets the sack.

i would give it to Terry though, i wanted to say gerrard but i feel we still haven't seen the best of him in an england shirt.

Beckham will always play and be captain for commercial reasons and no manager has the balls to drop him.

Doubt McClaren will :(

Beckham will always play and be captain for commercial reasons and no manager has the balls to drop him.

did you notice how as soon as McClaren was named Beckham came out and started sucking up to him big time, "the best coach i've ever had" he said.

I'd like to see Frank Lampard get it ,someone who leads by example, John Terry has been caught out numerous times for England at the back, hopefully in the World Cup he will take what he's been taught by Mourinho and show his class.

I read in quite a few places that the sponsors insist on Beckham being captain and if he wasn't then they would pull out!! so as you say it's all about the money!!!

for me Terry, Lampard, Gerrard, Carragher (if he plays) and even Gary Neville are far far ahead of Beckham in terms of being a worthy captain

I wouldnt have Beckham as captain, he's past his best now and hardly inspiring. Out of the two mentioned i'd go for pigeon chested JT, at least he shows a bit of passion. Beckham can barely be arsed these days.

David Beckham not only is he our biggest player but if England play well then you can pretty much guarantee Golden Balls is playing well, he can put the ball wherever you ask him too

But his record in the finals of major tournaments has been shockingly poor.

And it's no coincidence that our best performance in the qualifiers came when he was suspended.

It's time for him to deliver, otherwise he'll be remembered as a triumph of hype over substance.

I think it would be in the better interests of the team if we had a different skipper!

But his record in the finals of major tournaments has been shockingly poor.

And it's no coincidence that our best performance in the qualifiers came when he was suspended.

It's time for him to deliver, otherwise he'll be remembered as a triumph of hype over substance.

I think it would be in the better interests of the team if we had a different skipper!

Oh how memeories fail us. Can anyone remember our ONE good player in Euro 2000. One of the best players in europe surrounded by absaloute trollop. He made 4 goals in 3 matches in an otherwise awful team. For the next 2 years he was by far and away our standout player and a turely inspirational captain who without we would never have qualified for Japan.

I will concede there has beena slight downward turn in his England form since 2002. Partly due to him being unfit in the last 2 major championships, the most memeorable matches. However, people have turned against him and they blame him for the Wales and NI performances even though he was the stand out player on both occaisions.

He's been one of Real's best players in each of the last 3 seasons, where they have finished in the top 3 of one of the best league sof the world. Despite this, it has been said that he has been playing well ina stugglign team and that sums up David Beckham for me. He plays well when others play badly, the exact opposite to Frank Lamaprd who is fantastic if all is going hsi way but consistently goes missing when it matters.

He has the respect of the players, the manager and can command his place in them team easily. He also handles the media fantasticly and rarely makes a gaff, if onyl the same could be said of Sven. Personally I hope David stands down after this world Cup and allows a younger man to take the job rebuild for South Africa but Becks shoudl be remembered as a great player and a great capatain for England, especially when the chips were down.

For me, England's best performer of the 21st century so far.

Archived