Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

City for sale ?

i dont think a sugar daddy will be good for the club.

doesnt have to be someone wanting to make money....jack walker didnt do it to make money. surely leicester must have produced ONE mulitmillionaire capable of giving up a few mill for the sake of the club he loves?..

anyways, we are already run like a business so what difference would it make?weve got this 1 yr shirt cycle thingy but coz we are skint, we are tryin to make as much money as possible. i wouldnt have a problem with someone coming in n wiping our debts clear and bringing us some decent football and trophies...who would have thought middlesborough would have had a chance at the uefa cup?

ronaldinho or williams?which would you rather see...admittedly they are at opposite ends of the spectrum but, we can dream!!

could do with a nice big stadium as well to hold our 1/2 million fans.. :whistle:

I believe the aim of our board MUST be to find a 'sugar daddy', because the name of the game is to progress and ensure that you compete at the top.

Ok, Rushden went down when Griggs pulled his money out, but before that, Rushden weren't as big as Hinckley United. Leicester is a massive club and should be competing, at least, in the mid-table of the Premiership.

If this current board doesn't put up money, I personally believe, that they should be going all-out to find somebody that will. If we have a big fanbase in Scandinavia - see their website? - then why can't they ask Ingvar Kamprand, the owner of IKEA to invest money :smile:

So with 1,000's of e-mails you expect us to pick you out from the initial membership, seems like you are still hiding behind your message board disguise then....

We do not run any of our press releases or comments via the club before issuing them & there have been a number of times when the club has complained about our stance over an issue or took issue with something in our monthly Fox column.

So gives us 3 examples of where we haven't acted in the best interests of the fans, lets talk specifics.

Any organisation needs to listen to its customers (fans) to be successful. In our initial conversation with the new chairman he clearly understands this.

Are we happy, overall yes in terms of the most important thing of keeping the club on a sound financial footing and that they have increased the level of consultation with fans in comparison to any previous regime at LCFC.

Have the those involved in running the club made mistakes in the past 3 years, yes the main one has been the One Year Kit deal, others including the Pepsi Max tournament & the abandonded Pop Concert are those that clearly spring to mind. These major failures were all in Paul Mace's remit, which isn't a co-incidence and obviously he departed.

Over the last 12 months it has been clear to us that additional drive was needed to run the club, in particular develop the commercial side & the initital signs from the new chairman are good.

Well that is the Club up the creek then isn't it.

Thanks for the response, I appreciate you doing so and in replying you have managed to confirm my worst fears. You are prepared to back a BoD and a CEO who have overseen our rapid decline on and off the field and have a catalouge of disasters to their roll of shame. What hope is there for the Club now then?

To be honest, I think some people should take a reality check here - not so long ago we didn't know if we would still have a club to support. The present shareholders put their money in and persuaded the administrators that their offer was the best deal for the creditors. I don't recall many multi-millionaires crowding round to help us at our greatest time of need, so why the hell we expect them to be doing so now. For my money, I would rather have the present regime and the Foxes Trust doing what I perceive to be at heart in the best interest of the club. The alternative, I believe would have been no club in existence, and we could crowd around the Walkers on a Saturday watching a retail park being built on it.

To be honest, I think some people should take a reality check here - not so long ago we didn't know if we would still have a club to support.
How long are people going to hide behind Administration as an excuse?

How long are people going to hide behind Administration as an excuse?

It's not an excuse - it's a fact. We have come from being completely in the sh*t to being relatively financially stable ( ie look at Derby ). I think that some supporters should sign up to the real world and realise there has never been and never will be some Leicester supporting moneybags ready to lob lots of money at us. In my experience ( and it is related to my job ) I find the more money people have, the less likely they are to part with it. We are where we are, and we've got to make the best of what we've got. I'm a cynic at heart, but even so, I do feel the present administration and the Trust do have the best interests of the club at heart, and are genuinely doing their best. If someone else wants to step up to the plate waving, say, £20m, then let them do so, and I'm sure the present administration would bite their hand off. However, it ain't going to happen, so live with it everyone.

It's not an excuse - it's a fact. We have come from being completely in the sh*t to being relatively financially stable ( ie look at Derby ). I think that some supporters should sign up to the real world and realise there has never been and never will be some Leicester supporting moneybags ready to lob lots of money at us. In my experience ( and it is related to my job ) I find the more money people have, the less likely they are to part with it. We are where we are, and we've got to make the best of what we've got. I'm a cynic at heart, but even so, I do feel the present administration and the Trust do have the best interests of the club at heart, and are genuinely doing their best. If someone else wants to step up to the plate waving, say, £20m, then let them do so, and I'm sure the present administration would bite their hand off. However, it ain't going to happen, so live with it everyone.

The present administration seems to be happy for city to simply survive, we should be out of the survival phase after administration and into a growth phase, over the past three years the business has stagnated and we are now happy with survival in the Championship. If you take a close look at businesses that survive administration they either grow or they bump along and eventually go back into administration/bankruptcy. A single owner would at least not be happy to bump along, no-one in their right mind invests money without some idea of what they are going to get for it.

I personally don't think that the trust model would work for a club in the Championship or the Premiership, a trust is by it's nature cautious and run by committee, Trusts can make a valuable contribution by running lower leagues clubs.

The present administration seems to be happy for city to simply survive, we should be out of the survival phase after administration and into a growth phase, over the past three years the business has stagnated and we are now happy with survival in the Championship. If you take a close look at businesses that survive administration they either grow or they bump along and eventually go back into administration/bankruptcy. A single owner would at least not be happy to bump along, no-one in their right mind invests money without some idea of what they are going to get for it.

I personally don't think that the trust model would work for a club in the Championship or the Premiership, a trust is by it's nature cautious and run by committee, Trusts can make a valuable contribution by running lower leagues clubs.

You make some valid points, however I would reiterate that in Leicester's past history no-one has ever put large sums of money in, indeed before the PLC days it was almost run as a private members club, with the shareholdings being spread amongst the so-called great and good of Leicestershire. History can often be taken as a guide to the future, and with that in mind I repeat that I cannot see anyone coming up to the board with say £20m. If they did I'm sure they would be welcomed with open arms. However I can't see it happening. We are where we are, and we have got to make the best if it.

You make some valid points, however I would reiterate that in Leicester's past history no-one has ever put large sums of money in, indeed before the PLC days it was almost run as a private members club, with the shareholdings being spread amongst the so-called great and good of Leicestershire. History can often be taken as a guide to the future, and with that in mind I repeat that I cannot see anyone coming up to the board with say £20m. If they did I'm sure they would be welcomed with open arms. However I can't see it happening. We are where we are, and we have got to make the best if it.

Like you I doubt that there is anyone out there willing or stupid enough to put a huge amount of finance into city but we do have to try to find ways to take the club forward which I don't think the current BoD has much of a clue about.

It's not an excuse - it's a fact.

So we can't move on then?

We all know why we went into administration, and I would doubt anyone would let the club get into that position again.

At some point the club has to move on, rather than sitting back the way it is doing, and yes administration is an excuse for the overly cautious attitude. B.Areth's posts sum this up well, and I don't think I can add anything more.

We're stagnating. I don't want to see this, and I don't think we should be. We don't need a sugar daddy to move on, and risks can be calculated.

But are we really on a sound financial footing?

Perhaps that is the question we should be asking, all this from the OS and Mercury that this is our most important summer ever - we need 17,000 ST sales on the back of our worst season for 15 years, why do you think that is?

Forget the parachute payments, we're a lot deeper than that, hence ground-share brought up. There is a dark summer ahead and wait until you see the squad that will be assembled for our League One promotion push in 2007/2008.

Remember how low Sheffield Wednesday went? Where the Club that was Wimbledon have just been relegated to? That is our future under the current administration.

But are we really on a sound financial footing?

Perhaps that is the question we should be asking, all this from the OS and Mercury that this is our most important summer ever - we need 17,000 ST sales on the back of our worst season for 15 years, why do you think that is?

Forget the parachute payments, we're a lot deeper than that, hence ground-share brought up. There is a dark summer ahead and wait until you see the squad that will be assembled for our League One promotion push in 2007/2008.

Remember how low Sheffield Wednesday went? Where the Club that was Wimbledon have just been relegated to? That is our future under the current administration.

What would you have the board do? Revenue is reducing by £7m due to Parachute payments. They therefore have to cut £7m of cost from somewhere, or grow other revenues. But other revenues can only come from the fans, and you go on about how the club must respect the fans and not expect them to pay more for things. Decide what you want, a club with a future which expoits every opportunity to generate revenue, or a fan friendly failure.

The groundshare is a cost saving measure, linked to the loss in Revenue. Not sure why we should forget about that or why the groundshare is indicative of anything else? Perhaps you could clarify.

Note once again. We are NOT a big club, and we are NOT paying big salaries for our off the field management, so we can't expect to attract experienced football executives.

We don't need a sugar daddy to move on, and risks can be calculated.

If you were on the board what risks would you have in mind taking into account the following:

1. Administration again will cost us a 10 points deduction.

2. If the directors of any company knowingly run it in a reckless manner, or in a manner where there was a reasonable expectation that the company was running at an unsustainable loss that could lead to insolvency, those directors could become personally liable for the company's debts.

3. It is most unlikely any bank or financial institution would lend the club any money without a robust business plan to show how that money could be repaid.

4. If we went bust again, would we get enough people to rally around in a short period of time to bail us out, as luckily we were able to do last time.

If you were on the board what risks would you have in mind taking into account the following:

1. Administration again will cost us a 10 points deduction.

2. If the directors of any company knowingly run it in a reckless manner, or in a manner where there was a reasonable expectation that the company was running at an unsustainable loss that could lead to insolvency, those directors could become personally liable for the company's debts.

3. It is most unlikely any bank or financial institution would lend the club any money without a robust business plan to show how that money could be repaid.

4. If we went bust again, would we get enough people to rally around in a short period of time to bail us out, as luckily we were able to do last time.

Plenty of clubs are managed in a responsible way and have much more success/vision than us without having to take inordinate risks, I hate SUFC but they are a well run club that has increased revenues and developed the club most years without huge investors. All businesses take risks to develop, if you don't you don't grow (as can be seen at City).

A stronger more directed BoD would give us more chance of developing and would be more likely to avert a second trip into administration, just look how close we got to 3rd tier football with this BoD, do you think that we'd have stayed out of administration if we had gone down. This BoD doesn't seem to have any real clue of how to develop the club which will lead in the longterm to more problems.

I'm not happy with bumping along as a Championship also ran but it seems that some fans and our administrators are, the club are so lucky that they have customers like us who buy whatever product they care to place before us.

Plenty of clubs are managed in a responsible way and have much more success/vision than us without having to take inordinate risks, I hate SUFC but they are a well run club that has increased revenues and developed the club most years without huge investors. All businesses take risks to develop, if you don't you don't grow (as can be seen at City).

A stronger more directed BoD would give us more chance of developing and would be more likely to avert a second trip into administration, just look how close we got to 3rd tier football with this BoD, do you think that we'd have stayed out of administration if we had gone down. This BoD doesn't seem to have any real clue of how to develop the club which will lead in the longterm to more problems.

I'm not happy with bumping along as a Championship also ran but it seems that some fans and our administrators are, the club are so lucky that they have customers like us who buy whatever product they care to place before us.

Too right.

:thumbup:

Spoken like someone with City in their heart but some substance between their ears.

Just because we all love the club that doesn't mean that those running it are above criticism.

The club would not have gone into administration had it been relegated, but costs would have to have been cut & players sold (& you can bet many would not have wanted League 1 football so would want to go anyway)

This comparison to Sheff Utd is interesting, they have finally got into the Premiership this year but it has taken a steady build up over a number of years, same with Reading altho they have a guy pumping money in. Looks at Wolves as well.

We failed to achieve the level we should have with the squad we had last season, let's see how next year progresses. We need to give Rob the chance on the pitch & off it lets see the impact of the new people at the top

The club would not have gone into administration had it been relegated, but costs would have to have been cut & players sold (& you can bet many would not have wanted League 1 football so would want to go anyway)

This comparison to Sheff Utd is interesting, they have finally got into the Premiership this year but it has taken a steady build up over a number of years, same with Reading altho they have a guy pumping money in. Looks at Wolves as well.

We failed to achieve the level we should have with the squad we had last season, let's see how next year progresses. We need to give Rob the chance on the pitch & off it lets see the impact of the new people at the top

What is the view of the Foxes Trust on RK offering Tiatto a new contract?

:P

Exactly, they have built up over a number of years, we have just drifted for the last 3.

I'm also interested to see that you are so confident that we had no chance of going into administration if we went down, we'll never know now. Rob needs quality backing to help getting the club moving forward which is definitely not evident at the moment.

Exactly, they have built up over a number of years, we have just drifted for the last 3.

I'm also interested to see that you are so confident that we had no chance of going into administration if we went down, we'll never know now. Rob needs quality backing to help getting the club moving forward which is definitely not evident at the moment.

Agreed!! It's a telling time for me, if the board don't get there act together we could be in this division for a long time. I like most of you, get the feeling that the club are content being in this division and that there is no real big push for promotion. I understand that we have a new manager and young team but you got to speculate to accumalate, things and plans need to be in motion!!

What is the view of the Foxes Trust on RK offering Tiatto a new contract?

:P

Our view is that if you pay someone to manage the playing staff you should let him get on with it & back his judgements.

Whether Tiatto accepts the new terms is a more interesting question

Archived