Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

City for sale ?

When was City in administration ?

November 2002, that's almost four years ago, please start looking forward, not backward.

For people not living in England, English football is looked up on as the best World Wide, expect people from Spain and Italy. Even Germans knows that the Premiership is a fantastic league and far better than the Bundesliga.

The Norwegian TV company TV2 invested 1 billion norwegian kroner to get the rights to show Norwegian football on telly. No single club in this league has a fanbase of the size Leicester City have, start imagine.

Leicester are according to stats the 12th or 13th biggest club in England when it comes to fanbase, that makes City an interesting club to buy, if it was up for sale.

When City went into administration back in 2002, people abroad "were on the fence" waiting. The reason nothing happened was in fact that people in and around the club were eager to save the club. It was a Leicester problem that was thought to be solved by people with a connection to the club.

The club was saved, but if it hadn't been solved by Lineker's men, you could probably have had other owners today.

Believe me, I know !!!!

doesnt have to be someone wanting to make money....jack walker didnt do it to make money. surely leicester must have produced ONE mulitmillionaire capable of giving up a few mill for the sake of the club he loves?..

Someone offered Jack Walker a lot of money for his Steel Business which is why he could indulge his passion for Blackburn.

I would have thought halving our outgoings on the ground would improve our financial situation. I understand the many City fans would hate the ides of sharing, but to be honest any soulful attatchment I had with our home ended when we moved to Filbert Way - really it's just like any other new footie ground in the country, and if it could be used as a way of either increasing our income ( conference play-off, Ghana/Jamaica international ), or reducing our costs by sharing, then personally, I'm all for it. It doesn't seem to have done Reading or Watford any harm, for instance.

The best days at Filbert Street came in the years near the end of its existence (apart from the last season of course when we went down). That's why it hurts so much when we see crap football all the time but hopefully there are good years ahead at our new home. All Football grounds are the same whether new or old "there just a empty vessel waiting to be filled".

Take your point, but would make the point that they will be paying the hire purchase with us, so nobody in their right mind is going to pay £16m upfront and then a futher £16m in hire purchase for half of a stadium worth £32m. With regard to the Tigers proposed redevelopment, who is to say they won't build bigger rooms into their stadium and try to compete with us. With the sort of designs there are these days, those rooms can be sub-divided at a drop af a hat with moveable walls and partitions. This one could run and run, but at the end of the day I don't think a concensus will happen on this subject. I think the mood of the supporters is about 50/50 on this one, so I wouldn't like to be the one in the firing line having to make a decision on this one way or another.

I think we need a referendum on this issue with all Season ticket holders, Members, trust members and fans who've bought tickets on a casual basis being balloted on this issue with the same thing happening with the tigers fans. At least this way we might get this issue sorted out and hopefully put to bed either way. However this would need to be done independently by somebody not affiliated to either club.

I think we need a referendum on this issue with all Season ticket holders, Members, trust members and fans who've bought tickets on a casual basis being balloted on this issue with the same thing happening with the tigers fans. At least this way we might get this issue sorted out and hopefully put to bed either way. However this would need to be done independently by somebody not affiliated to either club.

It'll never happen; it's a business decision, not something that would (or should) be decided by the fans.

When was City in administration ?

November 2002, that's almost four years ago, please start looking forward, not backward.

For people not living in England, English football is looked up on as the best World Wide, expect people from Spain and Italy. Even Germans knows that the Premiership is a fantastic league and far better than the Bundesliga.

The Norwegian TV company TV2 invested 1 billion norwegian kroner to get the rights to show Norwegian football on telly. No single club in this league has a fanbase of the size Leicester City have, start imagine.

Leicester are according to stats the 12th or 13th biggest club in England when it comes to fanbase, that makes City an interesting club to buy, if it was up for sale.

When City went into administration back in 2002, people abroad "were on the fence" waiting. The reason nothing happened was in fact that people in and around the club were eager to save the club. It was a Leicester problem that was thought to be solved by people with a connection to the club.

The club was saved, but if it hadn't been solved by Lineker's men, you could probably have had other owners today.

Believe me, I know !!!!

Right! Forward: If we went into Admin now we would get a 10 point penalty.

The Premiership is indeed highly regarded. We are however not in it.

Presumably we are talking about the top tier of Norwegian football. If anyone wanted to pay a decent sum to Sky each month for Championship football it would be on Sky. ITV tried it and nearly went out of business. The demand is not there.

The stats may say we are the 14th buggest club, however season tickets sales and total club revenues suggest otherwise. I take your point that there is potential however.

People are not on the fence. I beleiev I am right in saying that no club out side of the top 3 or 4 in the Premierhsip is making a profit, or has made a profit. Investment is therefore not waiting out there for the right moment to buy the club.

You do not know, you think. I also think, and I think you are talking tosh. :P

Archived