Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

City for sale ?

This comparison to Sheff Utd is interesting, they have finally got into the Premiership this year but it has taken a steady build up over a number of years, same with Reading altho they have a guy pumping money in. Looks at Wolves as well.

But Sheffield United have been consistent in and around 8th spot for years, we have been in a rapid decline, relegation, below mid table and now a relegation fight that saw us finish 16th our worst position in 15 years. So where is the indication that we will see any kind of improvement?

We have slashed the wage bill and the squad has got worse and now we have no cash to improve it and we are trying to sign up Danny Tiatto, so how are we going to improve?

We failed to achieve the level we should have with the squad we had last season, let's see how next year progresses. We need to give Rob the chance on the pitch & off it lets see the impact of the new people at the top

What level should we have achieved this year? Who set those parameters? How long is a chance?

Agreed!! It's a telling time for me, if the board don't get there act together we could be in this division for a long time. I like most of you, get the feeling that the club are content being in this division and that there is no real big push for promotion. I understand that we have a new manager and young team but you got to speculate to accumalate, things and plans need to be in motion!!

speculate to accumalate, yes we remember that ....£20m & we went under!!

Agreed!! It's a telling time for me, if the board don't get there act together we could be in this division for a long time. I like most of you, get the feeling that the club are content being in this division and that there is no real big push for promotion. I understand that we have a new manager and young team but you got to speculate to accumalate, things and plans need to be in motion!!

There is a difference between being happy to be in this division and spending so that we have to be promoted or be in financial trouble. The board have a responsbility to manage the club in a sensible way.

How would you have the club push for promotion with the funds available next year? It is clear from this thread that no-one actually has any ideas other than a sugar daddy to raise additional revenue. There is no magic solution, it will take time and hard work, and more cash from the fans.

Sunderland are indeed a well run club, and one who (without checking the exact figures) have a stadiun capacity of nerarly 50k, and get attendanced of around 20k more than ours even in the Championship. That is a huge amount of additional money.

But Sheffield United have been consistent in and around 8th spot for years, we have been in a rapid decline, relegation, below mid table and now a relegation fight that saw us finish 16th our worst position in 15 years. So where is the indication that we will see any kind of improvement?

You were asleep while we went on a run that was Top 6 form the latter part of the season then?

Perhaps you don't go to games & just spend your time slagging the club off?

We have slashed the wage bill and the squad has got worse and now we have no cash to improve it and we are trying to sign up Danny Tiatto, so how are we going to improve?

What level should we have achieved this year? Who set those parameters? How long is a chance?

Is Fryatt, Hume. McCarthy, Stearman etc worse than we had before?

A young team which can develop together is much better than a line up of 30 somethings collecting their last pay cheques

Last season - the expectation that CL was set was challenging for the play off places & that was set by the board

There is a difference between being happy to be in this division and spending so that we have to be promoted or be in financial trouble. The board have a responsbility to manage the club in a sensible way.

How would you have the club push for promotion with the funds available next year? It is clear from this thread that no-one actually has any ideas other than a sugar daddy to raise additional revenue. There is no magic solution, it will take time and hard work, and more cash from the fans.

Sunderland are indeed a well run club, and one who (without checking the exact figures) have a stadiun capacity of nerarly 50k, and get attendanced of around 20k more than ours even in the Championship. That is a huge amount of additional money.

Sunderland? They are a very poorly run club with massive debts, I used Sheffield United (SUFC) as an example of a well run club.

Sunderland case, no it isn't - they sold many thousands of 'life' season tickets which accounted for about 10 years worth of revenue - burnt the revenue in the first years, so many now sit there needing to put no further money into the club.

You were asleep while we went on a run that was Top 6 form the latter part of the season then?

Perhaps you don't go to games & just spend your time slagging the club off?

Eh? We finished 16th. Top 6 form what a load of old tosh that is, we finished 16th and flirted with relegation and finished a whole 6 spots of a trip to League One. Fantastic stuff.

Never mind the football we played was rank, yet 90% of people seem to think we are the new Liverpool of the 1980's with our brand of football.

Is Fryatt, Hume. McCarthy, Stearman etc worse than we had before?

A young team which can develop together is much better than a line up of 30 somethings collecting their last pay cheques

Develop together doing what, fighting the drop. Let me remind you of Wimbeldon/MK Dons, Nigel Reo-Coker, Malvin Kamara, Ben Chorley, Peter Hawkins, Rob Gier, Patrick Agyemang, Mikele Leigertwood and Jobi McAnuff. All good young players but ones that together couldn't cope with the demands of a paper thin squad and a badly run Club with Execs trying to justify their existance. Sound familiar?

Last season - the expectation that CL was set was challenging for the play off places & that was set by the board

Sounds about right, shame not one of them actually knows anything about football then isn't it. And these are the clowns who set the budgets as well.

And yes I do moan, because the Club is in disaray and no is prepared to do anything about it. The apathy is astonishing.

Eh? We finished 16th. Top 6 form what a load of old tosh that is, we finished 16th and flirted with relegation and finished a whole 6 spots of a trip to League One. Fantastic stuff.

Never mind the football we played was rank, yet 90% of people seem to think we are the new Liverpool of the 1980's with our brand of football.

Develop together doing what, fighting the drop. Let me remind you of Wimbeldon/MK Dons, Nigel Reo-Coker, Malvin Kamara, Ben Chorley, Peter Hawkins, Rob Gier, Patrick Agyemang, Mikele Leigertwood and Jobi McAnuff. All good young players but ones that together couldn't cope with the demands of a paper thin squad and a badly run Club with Execs trying to justify their existance. Sound familiar?

Sounds about right, shame not one of them actually knows anything about football then isn't it. And these are the clowns who set the budgets as well.

And yes I do moan, because the Club is in disaray and no is prepared to do anything about it. The apathy is astonishing.

What are you prepared to do Barton?

What are you prepared to do Barton?

Not a thing, because I am sick to the back teeth of LCFC taking me and the rest of the support for a ride. We turn up we get told how to behave and how to 'enjoy' ourselves and sit in a sanitised atmosphere paying over the odds for 90 minutes of 'football'. We'll I won't be having a ST and I won't be trotting along to watch Southend or Colchester at 25 quid a pop and cheer on the likes of Danny Tiatto and Gareth Williams.

Perhaps if there was something worth fighting or an orginisation worth backing I would bother my arse, but there isn't. The current admin have slowly killed my love for the game at LCFC, and apparently about 10,000 others as well. Still, I am just a trouble maker.

So with 1,000's of e-mails you expect us to pick you out from the initial membership, seems like you are still hiding behind your message board disguise then....

We do not run any of our press releases or comments via the club before issuing them & there have been a number of times when the club has complained about our stance over an issue or took issue with something in our monthly Fox column.

So gives us 3 examples of where we haven't acted in the best interests of the fans, lets talk specifics.

Any organisation needs to listen to its customers (fans) to be successful. In our initial conversation with the new chairman he clearly understands this.

Are we happy, overall yes in terms of the most important thing of keeping the club on a sound financial footing and that they have increased the level of consultation with fans in comparison to any previous regime at LCFC.

Have the those involved in running the club made mistakes in the past 3 years, yes the main one has been the One Year Kit deal, others including the Pepsi Max tournament & the abandonded Pop Concert are those that clearly spring to mind. These major failures were all in Paul Mace's remit, which isn't a co-incidence and obviously he departed.

Over the last 12 months it has been clear to us that additional drive was needed to run the club, in particular develop the commercial side & the initital signs from the new chairman are good.

1. Abandoning FNF. A good opportunity for famileis to bring teir kids to see a all be it reserves side.

2. In debt three years running even with parachute payments. (How much were they?)

3. Employing an assistant to TDBN at a cost of £100K+ PA. She is causing so much unrest that most of the staff now do their job looking over their shoulder. That can't be good for the club and I suspect there will be redundancies this summer.

Bytheway if there is a limit of £250K on shares, how come Greg Clarke has in excess of £450K?

How come we need £500K if you are only permitted to hold £250K?

As regards the shirt situation, They broke all the promises they made at the last ever Fans Forum about how many shirts would be issued and for how long.

The season they issued the 120 year commemorative shirt, just how many shirts did they issue that season?

When we had fans Forum of which I was a member for many years, we published minutes of every meeting in their entirety.

Does this fans consultative committee publish minutes?

Perhaps you can put some of these ponts to the new chairman?

1. Abandoning FNF. A good opportunity for famileis to bring teir kids to see a all be it reserves side.

2. In debt three years running even with parachute payments. (How much were they?)

3. Employing an assistant to TDBN at a cost of £100K+ PA. She is causing so much unrest that most of the staff now do their job looking over their shoulder. That can't be good for the club and I suspect there will be redundancies this summer.

Bytheway if there is a limit of £250K on shares, how come Greg Clarke has in excess of £450K?

How come we need £500K if you are only permitted to hold £250K?

As regards the shirt situation, They broke all the promises they made at the last ever Fans Forum about how many shirts would be issued and for how long.

The season they issued the 120 year commemorative shirt, just how many shirts did they issue that season?

When we had fans Forum of which I was a member for many years, we published minutes of every meeting in their entirety.

Perhaps you can put some of these ponts to the new chairman?

Wouldn't it be easier to toe the club line and enjoy the benefits which result from doing so? ;)

Not a thing

Not quite true. Bitch like Joan Collins, see conspiracies that the X Files would be ashamed of, pretend inside information that Deep Throat would gag on, see money available that The Apprentice's Syed would shy away from (but remain tighter-lipped about how to get it than Branson does with his tax-dodging) and then pretend to represent the fans while not getting a season ticket or going to the matches or even facing up to the Foxes Trust in person.

Me, I always thought going to watch the team was the main part of being a fan. The board are always going to be coonts, the club will rip you off, almost all players and managers will let you down in the end but those great days out - that makes it worthwhile. Even a shit season like this one - Spurs, Sheffield Utd and Joey's goal make it good enough for me to sign up for another season.

Not quite true. Bitch like Joan Collins, see conspiracies that the X Files would be ashamed of, pretend inside information that Deep Throat would gag on, see money available that The Apprentice's Syed would shy away from (but remain tighter-lipped about how to get it than Branson does with his tax-dodging) and then pretend to represent the fans while not getting a season ticket or going to the matches or even facing up to the Foxes Trust in person.

What a fantastic paragraph - can I nominate this as post of the year?

:thumbup:

Go on then tell me what I have got wrong then?

Me, I always thought going to watch the team was the main part of being a fan. The board are always going to be coonts, the club will rip you off, almost all players and managers will let you down in the end but those great days out - that makes it worthwhile. Even a shit season like this one - Spurs, Sheffield Utd and Joey's goal make it good enough for me to sign up for another season.

If you are happy being a lemming then good on you, just don't come crying when it all crashes down.

:whistle:

Oooooooooooooooooooo Harsh but True!!! : :thumbup:

If you were on the board what risks would you have in mind taking into account the following:

1. Administration again will cost us a 10 points deduction.

2. If the directors of any company knowingly run it in a reckless manner, or in a manner where there was a reasonable expectation that the company was running at an unsustainable loss that could lead to insolvency, those directors could become personally liable for the company's debts.

3. It is most unlikely any bank or financial institution would lend the club any money without a robust business plan to show how that money could be repaid.

4. If we went bust again, would we get enough people to rally around in a short period of time to bail us out, as luckily we were able to do last time.

You haven't got a clue. A calculated risk would not put us into administration. That's the whole thing about calculating. You don't jump in blindly, and you certainly don't do anything reckless.

B.Areth's comments back up my feelings. It seems to me that some are happy to just plod along and hope that things get better by themselves. Bit like Forest.

Some of the minutes have been published in the community section of the OS.

You haven't got a clue. A calculated risk would not put us into administration.

Enlighten me as to what calculated risk you would like the board to take, because a) you've been very short as to specifics so far, and b)apparently I haven't got a clue. I sometimes wonder how I manage to tie my shoelaces up sometimes, but at least I don't resort to personal abuse.

Enlighten me as to what calculated risk you would like the board to take, because a) you've been very short as to specifics so far, and b)apparently I haven't got a clue. I sometimes wonder how I manage to tie my shoelaces up sometimes, but at least I don't resort to personal abuse.

It's an observation, not personal abuse. A bit sensitive aren't we?

As I've already posted, others have written comments I agree with, should I repeat them for your benefit?

It's an observation, not personal abuse. A bit sensitive aren't we?

As I've already posted, others have written comments I agree with, should I repeat them for your benefit?

I am not asking you to repeat all your earlier posts, one sentence is probably sufficient for you to say what risk or risks you wish the board to take - it can't be that difficult, can it?

Not a thing, because I am sick to the back teeth of LCFC taking me and the rest of the support for a ride. We turn up we get told how to behave and how to 'enjoy' ourselves and sit in a sanitised atmosphere paying over the odds for 90 minutes of 'football'. We'll I won't be having a ST and I won't be trotting along to watch Southend or Colchester at 25 quid a pop and cheer on the likes of Danny Tiatto and Gareth Williams.

Perhaps if there was something worth fighting or an orginisation worth backing I would bother my arse, but there isn't. The current admin have slowly killed my love for the game at LCFC, and apparently about 10,000 others as well. Still, I am just a trouble maker.

Bit of a cop out that me duck but each to their own, it dilutes your arguement a little though....

I am not asking you to repeat all your earlier posts, one sentence is probably sufficient for you to say what risk or risks you wish the board to take - it can't be that difficult, can it?

How are any of us supposed to make detailed proposals, we don't actually have access to the finances etc of the club. We are generally saying that the current BoD is either not doing enough or is not letting us know that it is doing enough.

Fair enough, the obvious one is knocking the groundshare issue on the head once and for all.

Archived