Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Master Fox

Cameron Jermone

Apparently Cardiff have agreed a fee with Birmingham for Cameron Jerome.

I cannot believe Cardiff would sell him to another Championship club

Just saw it on BBC website

I wonder how many strikers Steve Bruce has actually bought for Birmingham. :whistle:

Apparently Cardiff have agreed a fee with Birmingham for Cameron Jerome.

I cannot believe Cardiff would sell him to another Championship club

Just saw it on BBC website

Apparently Cardiff need the money for new stadium and I suppose the money must have been too good!!

The trick is that Sam Hammam hasn't actually spent anything. He's just built up a hefty debt to himself and pays it off by selling all their decent players for small amounts and then begs to Cardiff council for the park opposite their current stadium to build a new one on. As long as he's getting his money back and a shiny new stadium he doesn't care.

Guest seanfox778

how come cardiff are paying £100m for a 30,000 seater stadium when ours was

£30m if i remember rightly

Guest Gist

What I don't understand is that Cardiff were in for a shout of making the play offs why would they sell there good players for a new ground that they won't fill anyway :S

how come cardiff are paying £100m for a 30,000 seater stadium when ours was

£30m if i remember rightly

I would imagine like Covs (125mill) it's more than just a stadium as in supermarket, leisure centre etc. Like the one Pierrpoint wanted to build on Bede Island although that was 40,000 seater plus a hotel.

Cardiff are enormously in debt, the figure is something like 30m in itself, I think, so it comes as no surprise that they're all too happy to sell off their players for three-to-four million, they need transfer funds and debt resolve from somewhere. The Stadium's costing a lot for two reasons, firstly, they want to use the athletic's stadium as the spot to build on but the council won't give them the land unless they, basically, build a new one. That was the situation a while ago, I'm not aware of the dealio changing. Second reason is that Sam wants to build some super complex with a shopping center and all sorts in it, not just a kit-stadium bowl like Leicester and every other skint club in the league system. *Shrug*

He's probably mad, but there you go.

As for filling it, well, you've got to remember that Cardiff's fan base is potentially half of Mid and South Wales. If Cardiff do well and look to be getting to the Premiership it wouldn't surprise me to see Welsh rent-a-fans flocking ot the capital to watch the Bluebirds represent Wales in Britain's top league. It also wouldn't surprise me to see Cardiff, providing they replace Jerome (which shouldn't be too hard, he's just a fast finisher, a not-so-good Earnshaw really) challenging for the play-offs either so I don't think it's that unrealistic to believe.

Archived