Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Teeno

Tim Davies

Melton times

FOXES CHIEF SCORES OWN GOAL IN PLANNING DISPUTE

A HIGH-flying football director scored an own goal when he knocked down and rebuilt a farmhouse without the required

planning consent.

Tim Davies, chief executive of Leicester City Football Club, had received planning permission in 2004 to refurbish and extend the farmhouse at Grange Farm, Owston Road, Knossington, and to convert/rebuild associated outbuildings.

The farmhouse itself was to be retained but it was knocked down and rebuilt without the required permission.

Now Mr Davies has submitted a retrospective application for a new home so Melton Council can resolve the matter.

Melton Council planning officer David Owen said: "This is a very unusual case. The farmhouse was to be retained but they knocked it down and rebuilt it. What they had

permission for was extending, not to rebuild the existing house. They haven't done it strictly in accordance with the plans."

He added: "The key issue for us is that the end product is no different in terms of appearance, impact on neighbours and impact on highways."

Mr Owen said there was a 'very, very remote' possibility the farmhouse could have to be pulled down if the retrospective application was unsuccessful.

A supporting statement for the planning application said it became apparent rebuilding works were necessary due to safety issues.

Some rebuilding work was approved as a minor amendment to the original planning permission. But when more rebuilding works were identified, the local authority considered this would change the principal of the original approval.

Mr Davies was unavailable for comment at the time of going to press. A decision on the application is expected in the next couple of weeks.

He'll get the permission. Council's don't have the guts to take on people with cash.

I'm not sure about that but they do have a responsibility not to incur the vast costs of legal cases that are fairly trivial or indefensible in the long run, or which are likely to be lost.

Unlucky, If he could have got away with it for a further year they'd have no case, I think something built for longer than 3 years without planning permission can't be demolised/have a case in court! I think thats the law on building regs anyway...

I wonder if we ever asked if we could build the Walkers. Or knock Filbo down for that matter.

Yes and yes. Although that was the previous regime (ie before TD's time)

And even they told a few porkies to the Council to get permission.. :(

Yes and yes. Although that was the previous regime (ie before TD's time)

And even they told a few porkies to the Council to get permission.. :(

Everyone/Most people do it and aslong as it within reason and not a major problem most people get away with it.

Obviously building regs/planning permission are needed else there would be no stopping some people and it would just get out of hand, but some building regs are just pointless, but spose someones gotta draw the line somewhere :unsure:

Everyone/Most people do it and aslong as it within reason and not a major problem most people get away with it.

Obviously building regs/planning permission are needed else there would be no stopping some people and it would just get out of hand, but some building regs are just pointless, but spose someones gotta draw the line somewhere :unsure:

it's when councils get greedy that gets me my old boss wanted to build a load of flats in the big car park behind where I used to work planning permission was granted on one condition and that condition was that he had to make a "donation" of £12000 to pay for Trees and play equipment in the local area!! now we have no near childrens areas in grantham and they are not exactly make a real display of planting trees I would imagine that goes straight into someones pocket!!!

Archived