Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2005 Progress Thread

Cheers C Man :D

Lionel Morgan is an absoloute Legend. I like to play wingers so him and McGovern work well. Jamal Campbell Ryce cant get in the team at the mo.

Will Chelsea ever slip up?

After 21 games;

1 Chelsea W 19 D 2 L 0 Pts 59

2 Liverpool W 17 D 3 L 1 Pts 54

First choice XI: Dida, Hargreaves, Evra, Hyypia, Ferdinand, Emerson, Gerrard, Kewell, Emre, Julio Baptista, Cisse

108825[/snapback]

Bloody good team that!

going a whole season unbeaten maybe? :ph34r:

Will Chelsea ever slip up?

After 21 games;

1 Chelsea W 19 D 2 L 0 Pts 59

2 Liverpool W 17 D 3 L 1 Pts 54

First choice XI: Dida, Hargreaves, Evra, Hyypia, Ferdinand, Emerson, Gerrard, Kewell, Emre, Julio Baptista, Cisse

108825[/snapback]

Bloody good team that!

going a whole season unbeaten maybe? :ph34r:

109010[/snapback]

Final table;

1 LIVERPOOL 30 6 2 Pts 96

2 Chelsea 29 8 1 Pts 95

Beat Newcastle 4-2 in the FA Cup Final but lost 1-0 on aggregate to Juventus in the CL Semis.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished 8th in the Premiership with a goal difference of zero :S

Top goal scoreres:

Mido 20

Adu 10

Guti 9

Just need to sort out my bloody defence!!

A strange thing did happen though

It was really strange, because Mido got the ball played to him down the left channel, ran a bit, played it along the floor across the 6 yard box and Mathis tapped it in from 6 yards away, yet the commentary bit at the bottom said he's hit it from 25 yards out and it was a magnificent individual effort.

So this tap in from 6 yards out went on to win the goal of the month for that month and then the goal of the season.

Odd.

Port Vale:

Started off with mid table form then quickly slid down the table. I didn't have a clue. Slipped all the way down to 23rd before it all came together in one big tactical ball of love. I won seven on the bounce and 11 and counting unbeaten, beating the leaders Hull in the process. I'm now 12th having last month won manager of the month.

Michael Cummins was getting loads of interest, so I said he insn't going anywhere so he got annoyed. He then got some more interest so I said it's possible he could leave, so he got unhappy again!! :huh::blink::S

So I just got him to pen a new deal and all was well :)

I got three different saves! Derby r at top of championship after only one game! signed Deuchar,Brady,Nalis, Walker ( not goalkeeper) other one Hull also top signed Deuchar,Brady,Maddison,Griffit (loan) other file Hull again 7th signed Deuchar,A,Ferdinad( loan),Poole (loan), Junior and many more

I decided to start a new game with Leicester. Have not played any league games yet. But i have managed to get 3 big clubs to play at the Walkers.

Pre Season

I decided to get some money via offering these clubs to play. I offerd each club 160k and im expected to double that money at least. Against Valencia im hoping to make 400k-500k.

LCFC 3 - 0 Lazio

Great Result and both teams feilded full strength teams.

I have not brought anyone in yet and ive only got a measily 450k to do so. And with Norwich , Palace and Southampton keeping most of there premiership squad its going to be very hard. Im expected to win the league but im looking at the most a top 6 finish.

Current Squad

Ive just offerd a contract to Derek Riordanbut with Man Utd and Celtic sniffing around him its not looking good. Fingers crossed they dont bid for him.

Riordan chose Celtic in the end :(

So i brought in Gary McSheffery for 210k. We beat Celtic in pre season 3-1 with De Vries getting 2 :blink: but lost to Valenica 2-0.

Just about to play the first league game against Nowich who more or less have got a premiership squad with Ashton and Huckerby starting together upfront.

Leicester starting line up...

GK) Douglas

DR) Maybury

CB) McCarthy

CB) Kisnorbo

DL) Sheenan

RM) Sylla

CM) Hughes

CM) Williams

LM) Stewart

FW) De vries

FW) McSheffrey

LCFC 2 - 0 NCFC

Great preformance with Kisnorbo and McSheffrey getting goals on there debuts. Its a massive win and it sets us up for a good season :D

LCFC 4 - 1 Cardiff

A magnificent preformance by McSheffrey getting 4 goals! 5 goals in 3 games for him now. We are Currently 2nd after beating Norwich drawing with Sheffield Wednesday and beating Cardiff.

Currently in talks about a possible move for Neil Lennon!! I enquired and Strachan said he wants 120k but i dont think i will have the recources to meet his wage demands :( .

Ive got a dilemma now...

Aston Villa have just offered £1m for Kisnorbo...

But i dont know whether to let him go or not. Dion could deputise for him untill i find a suitable replacement.

What do you guys think i should do :ermm:

Ive got a dilemma now...

Aston Villa have just offered £1m for Kisnorbo...

But i dont know whether to let him go or not. Dion could deputise for him untill i find a suitable replacement.

What do you guys think i should do  :ermm:

118279[/snapback]

Ask for a little bit more money to bide time and look for a replacement. ;)

Oh Crap!

Ive just realised that Kisnorbo has a release clause of £1m :mad::angry:

Ive got to accept the offer :(

Bye Bye Patrick!

He's only played 6 games and he was immense :mad:

Just a quick question.

What wages is Kisnorbo on on people's games?

Because I've still got it set up so that he comes to me at the end of the season, and I got into the Premiership and he was my top earner on wages of £33000 a week!!

Dunno how that one happened!!

He was fuppin' marvellous for me though

Yeah he came to me on about £30,000 a week, weird. I was going to cancel it the next time i decided to be City, but i decided to let it go through and sell him straight away, got a nice profit, some transfer money and looked good for clearing that much off the wage bill :D

Archived