Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2005 Progress Thread

Post your progress in your current FM 2005 game in here :)

I just finished my first season in the game, I lost to Burnley in the Play Off Semis :( So another season in the Championship awaites.

Although I didn't get promoted I enjoyed the season but we played some good football and scored some awesome goals.

Here is a lil review of my season:

POSITION : 5th

FA CUP : 3rd Round

LEAGUE CUP : 2nd Round

TOP GOALSCORER : James Scowcroft 28 :o

TOP 3 PLAYERS : Gudjonsson 7.85, Djordjic 7.50 and Scowcroft 7.50

Pressman, Wilcox, Keown, Dublin and Elliott are all retiring so that should free up some wages. Canero is going to Cardiff for £700k. I've already completes a £100k deal to sign Matty Piper in the summer :)

Ive played 3 games!

v QPR won 2-0

v Cardiff drew 1-1 (Scowy 87th min and then Tiatto gave peno away 90th) :angry:

v Preston drew 1-1 (Hulse for me and Healy for them)

Gareth Williams is brilliant for me great player.Keown is doing ok.

Scowy and Walker signed new deals im letting the rest go that are out of contract eg Keown,Dabizas,Pressman,Dublin ect.

Released Gemmil and terminated Sakiri's loan contract!

Also put an add out for a new assistant ;)

Im in my first season. Played 37 games, (W 21, D 9, L7) and top of the league by 4 points. My top scorer so far is Juan Eduardo Esnaider with 19 goals, and my top players have been Dabizas, Stewart, and Wilcox!

Well on course to win the league..... (recently beat Cov 6-0!)

I have signed David Healy, Boudewijn Zenden, Jurgen Macho, Thomas Myhre, and Christophe Dugarry when their contracts run out in the summer.

I'm in my 4th season now i think... and after walking out on Leicester because the chairman was very unhappy with me finishing 17th with just £250k for a transfer budget, i'm now at Rotherham. I came into the job after 40 games, and saved them from Relegation, i'm now 2nd (played 5, won 3, drew 2) and going strong :thumbup:

Just beat Coventry 6-1!

Joey's brother put them ahead 8 th minutes only for Joey to equalise 24 th!

The Scowy scored 2 in 2minutes 31 and 33 minutes that made it 3-1 then Matty Turner scored 40th.

Half Time 4-1.Brought Conners on for Hulse he scored 92nd minute shortly followed by Scowy's third.

Before the game i told Reid we would thrash them.I also took a risk in dropping Kewon for Stearmen i was frightend of Suffo's pace.He played very well better than Dabizas.

Williams is in the team of the month thing along side Walker :thumbup:

Doing well now P4 W2 D2

lol @Craig!

Unlucky Ricey - you did well to get 86 points but only finish 5th.

I've finished my first season - I won the league by a whisker - finishing with 89 points and only beating QPR by 1 point on the final day of the seaon.

I've not yet started preseason yet but I've made a whole loada Bosman signings. Off the top of my head (haven't played it for 2 days so I don't know exactly :( ) I have signed Myre and Colin Healy from Sunderland, Nigel Quashie from Pompey, Serginho from Milan, Sergio Conceciao from some Portugese team, Cosmin Contra, Juan Sanchez from Celta and some other Spanish player too.

Oh yeah, here's a few more Bosmans that I've signed:

Jay Bothroyd, Shefqi Kuqi, Sunday Oliseh

I'm quite looking forward to the new season - I have a decent enough squad to stay up. Fingers crossed...

Just cliched promotion with a ridiculous 7 games to go:

Leicester City P40 W28 D7 L5 G.D. +52 Pts 91

Q.P.R P40 W21 D11 L8 G.D. +28 Pts 74

Nottm Forest P39 W20 D9 L10 G.D. +26 Pts 69

Best Averages: Williams (8.09), Jordan (7.61) and Nikos (7.60) :o

Top Scorers: Scowy (27), Conners (20) and Rapaic (17)

Top Assisters: Jordan (15), Scowy (15) and Gillespie (11)

So far only gonna sign 2 bosmans: Patrik Berger and Abubakari Yakubu from Ajax

I am currently top of the league after 18 league games, Won 15, drew 1, lost 2

I'm not sure if anyone else is finding this, but the game is abit unrealistic as i've had some huge scorelines. I drew 6-6 with Bradford in a friendly, i've beaten Derby 5-4 or 6-5 I can't remember which. I beat Millwall 6-0 away from home and I beat Wigan 7-1 at home.

Top Scorers: Connolly 16 goals in 17 games, Petrescu 9 goals in 11 games, Pablo Counago 8 goals in 11 games, Scowcroft 6 goals in 13 games, Tommy Doherty 5 goals in 10 games

Jordan Stewart is having a blinder for me, his rating is about 7.89 but he's got the odd 10 in a match. Plenty of assists from him. Petrescu is excellent for me aswell although he tends to score in patches, he'll get 4 in 4 matches then not score for 5 games, etc. Stearman is doing quite well too.

I've got rid of Blake to MK Dons, Benjamin to Barnsley for £250,000, Gillespie to Stoke for £150,000 and sent Wright out on loan to Peterborough.

I have signed Mutiu on a free, Lenny Pidgeley on loan for the season, Bellion on loan for the season, Tommy Doherty from Bristol City for £250,000 and Pablo Counago from Ipswich for £300,000 I have also signed a quality swedish striker called Berg for a nominal fee, he'll be excellent.

I'm not sure if anyone else is finding this, but the game is abit unrealistic as i've had some huge scorelines. I drew 6-6 with Bradford in a friendly, i've beaten Derby 5-4 or 6-5 I can't remember which. I beat Millwall 6-0 away from home and I beat Wigan 7-1 at home.

Top Scorers: Connolly 16 goals in 17 games, Petrescu 9 goals in 11 games, Pablo Counago 8 goals in 11 games, Scowcroft 6 goals in 13 games, Tommy Doherty 5 goals in 10 games

Jordan Stewart is having a blinder for me, his rating is about 7.89 but he's got the odd 10 in a match. Plenty of assists from him. Petrescu is excellent for me aswell although he tends to score in patches, he'll get 4 in 4 matches then not score for 5 games, etc. Stearman is doing quite well too.

I've got rid of Blake to MK Dons, Benjamin to Barnsley for £250,000, Gillespie to Stoke for £150,000 and sent Wright out on loan to Peterborough.

I have signed Mutiu on a free, Lenny Pidgeley on loan for the season, Bellion on loan for the season, Tommy Doherty from Bristol City for £250,000 and Pablo Counago from Ipswich for £300,000 I have also signed a quality swedish striker called Berg for a nominal fee, he'll be excellent.

36108[/snapback]

Many people have said that the game has a high scoring bug i.e too many goals in a game but I personally haven't found that.

36108[/snapback]

Many people have said that the game has a high scoring bug i.e too many goals in a game but I personally haven't found that.

36147[/snapback]

I have'nt found that i deserved to best Coventry 6-1 but the other result have been low scoring games

Ive also had a real wierd thing happen an Agent contacted me saying would i like to sign Scott Dobie then iut has a view goals button i did that and there was about 5 goals of his!

I did not know this could happen very good indeed!

Said No by the way ;)

Came top in my first season with Leicester, Dabizas being my star player and also scoring about 13 goals :o:S

Currently mid table in the Prem after 14 games

Signed. Started off badly though, losing my first three games 5-0, 3-0 and 2-0!

Signed Lescott, Jonatan Johansson, Gresko, Graham Stack and Smertin all on frees in the summer.

Cobbo8-Leicester_tactics.JPG

Nice and simple 4-4-2 seems to be doing the trick with a target man and playmaker, but I could do with a right winger, bloody board only gave me a few hundred grand to spend though :(

The centre mids are always swapping over really, Nalis and Williams are both class :D

I won the league at the first team, with Micky Adams' Sunderland in 2nd place!

I think I have kinda gone overboard signing all the bosman frees - ive signed 26 bosman players! Taking my wages £240K over my budget!!

I won the league at the first team, with Micky Adams' Sunderland in 2nd place!

I think I have kinda gone overboard signing all the bosman frees - ive signed 26 bosman players! Taking my wages £240K over my budget!!

37377[/snapback]

Just a bit how are you doing. Who have you signed. Signing for just the sake of it. like a certain former manager

**cough** Micky Adams **cough**

This summer I have signed....

GK - Oscar Cordoba, Jurgen Macho, Thomas Myhre, Recber Rustu, Mark Schwarzer

D - Dean Richards, Pieter Collen, Stephane Henchoz

M - Alexei Smertin, Lee Hendrie, Thomas Gravesen, Charles-Edouard Coridon, Kenny Lunt, Sergio Conceicao, Otto Addo, Darren Anderton, Boudewijn Zenden

F - Christophe Dugarry, Enrico Chiesa, Matt Jansen, Javi Guerrero, Dennis Bergkamp, Amoruso, Gabriel Batistuta, Fredi Bobic, David Healy

Well OTT......

Some cracking signings to be fair - I've also signed Myre and Sergio Conceicao. I tried signing Javi Guerrero but he doesn't seem interested :(

Having said that, I don't think many of your new singings will be happy when they aren't even in the squad!

GK - Oscar Cordoba, Jurgen Macho, Thomas Myhre, Recber Rustu, Mark Schwarzer
:rolleyes:

what the hell do ya need five keepers for??????

37583[/snapback]

Dunno mate! :P

Signed Myhre, and then thought "Ooh, Schwarzer's good", so signed him and then basically went on like that!

I think I need to sell some of the players I have just bought or else I will get sacked for the wages being too high! :rolleyes:

:thumbup:

Woooooo, I've managed to sign Fernando Torres in my 4th season, for freeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I also have Tuncay, an Alex, another Brazilian, Claus Jensen, some Danish centre half and Paul Robinson (the goalie ;) ) all for freeeeee! :D

And then I blew about £10mill on Kevin Hofland as I got bored of having a transfer budget :P

Bloody hell Cobbo into your 4th season already?!

And how did you manage to spend £10m on one player as manager of Leicester, that's impossible isn't it? Surely you'd never get a transfer budget of that much?

I am half way through my second season.

My first season was bittersweet. I finised 4th in the league and went on to lose in the play off final to Leeds on penalties.

Although this was dissapoitning I also managed to reach the FA Cup Final! :D Where I was completely outclassed by Arsenal and lost 3-0. :blink:

Anyway I am now half way through my secodn season. I am 5th in the league but have 6 games in hand on the rest of the league and only 5 points behind. Why all the games in hand?

I am in the league cup semi-final where I drew 0-0 away at chelseas in the first leg and in the last 16 of the UEFA cup where I play Liverpool!

I let go an awful lot of players at the end of the season and now have an almost totally new squad. I maanged to sign; Graham Stack, Djimi Traore, Julio Ceaser, Riccy Scimeca :ph34r: , David Vaughan from Crewe :thumbup: , Colin healy, Jay Bothroyd, Carl Cort, Mark Burchill.

Only kept Connolly, Scowcroft, Stewart, Walker, Willimas, Nalis and Canero.

If i fail to gain prmotion this eason I hope my cup exploits will be enough to get me a job in the premiership, we shall see.

Bloody hell Cobbo into your 4th season already?!

And how did you manage to spend £10m on one player as manager of Leicester, that's impossible isn't it? Surely you'd never get a transfer budget of that much?

37998[/snapback]

I had a budget of £6mill.....then signed all these freebies, but the signing on fees did not take away my budget :D

And then the board decided to give me an extra £10mill to spend due to making more money than they expected in the close season :o So I blew it on Hoflan, who is class to be fair :D

I am currently about 9th after 25 or so games...not as high as I'd like. Going well in the Uefa Cup, through to the knock out stages, I am however out of both domestic cups :(

Fernando Torres is absolutely amazing, over an 8 for his average rating, 23 goals this season already...Him and Tuncay are forming quite a partnership :D

I also have Paul Robinson in goal, but he's playing like a bit of a willy puller to be fair.

Archived