Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2005 Progress Thread

... Frendeim Holm is also very good from a club somewhere in Norway.

59385[/snapback]

I noticed him while I was playing my game, but he was priced over £2million so was way outta my budget.

Mutarelli - 500k bargain, my fave all time FM/CM player now he is, i have to sign him wherever i go. Not quite sure how i found him, think it was by touring italy and playing his club and he stood out. So i snapped him up :)

3rd season with Leicester; First XI: T Sørensen, N Jensen, M Upson, M Iuliano, J A Castrillón, M Jankulovski, S Oliseh, T Gravesen, J Grønkjær, C Lopez, F Johnsen.

This is how it looks after a crazy but enthralling 4-4 draw away against Prem leaders Arsenal ( link: overview, Player Ratings ). They had 2 very dubious penalties awarded so I was a bit angry at the ref :mad:

Prem Table

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Pos| Team ____| Games | Wins | Draws | Losses | +/- | Points |

1st | Arsenal __|___28__|__19_|__ 4___|___5__ |+45|__61__|

2nd| Leicester _|___28__|__17_|__ 8___|___3__ |+36|__59__|

3rd | Liverpool _|___27__|__17_|__6___|___4__ |+34|__57__|

4th | Tottenham|__________________________________51__|

5th | Fulham__ |__________________________________51__|

Man Utd and Chelsea languishing in 7th and 8th place.

I'm just hoping I can cling on to the end and maybe snatch the title (a bit unlikely) but its been a great season, and I'm enjoying the slanging matches with the big boys :D

My team will be strengthened even further during the summer with plenty of negotiations taking place link: future transfers

*UPDATE* I just got thrown out of the UEFA Cup by PAOK Saloniki over 2 legs... how on earth that happened, I don't know... They got an undeserved 1-0 victory at home and I pummeled them in the return leg..they didnt have a single attempt on goal, for christs sake! I guess I got to feel the wrath of FM :(

After losing the first game of the seaon to West Ham we have started to look much better and are unbeaten in 5 league games.I was struggling infront of goal so i decided to go in for Jack Lester he cost me 70k and i decide to start him against the Shrews in the League cup.I had to go fro him because Connolly is out for 2 months and I dont like playing Scowcroft and Mark De Vreis together.So i played a youthful side in the cup

Logan

Canero Heath Stearmen Stewart

Scowcroft Williams Dawson Welowski

Wright Lester

We won the game 5-0 with Lester getting two as did Wright and Williams on his comeback from injury netting one.

I have a few injury problems at the minute with Gillsepie , Connolly , Tiatto and Nalis all out long term.

I have realeased Wilcox , Dublin , Keown , Pressman , Blake

After the Cup game we had Plymouth away a win would see us go upto 6th.Won the game 3-1 with Lester , Wright and Scowy all getting goals.Although at half time i had to Take Lester and MDV off because of fitness problems the team for that game was:

Walker

Maybury Dabizas Heath Stewart

Canero Williams Gudjohnson Scowcroft

MDV Lester

Upto 6th now but i have a tricky game away to Sunderland followed by Televised games against Derby (A) and Forest (H)

*UPDATE* I ended up 2 points behind Arsenal :(

I won all my games in the run-up only unfortunately losing to 'Pool away 1-0 and being pegged back to 2-2 away at Chelsea after leading 0-2 :(

Went into the last game of the season (v Spurs home) having to win and hoping that Portsmouth at least drew Arsenal away :unsure:

I did my part, but Portsmouth ended up being trounced 7-0 :blink: <_< ... so all in all a half-disappointing season, with no trophies and 'only' a 2nd place to show for the effort..

as a small consolation, Gravesen ended as English Footballer of the year and English Player's Player of the Year for the 2nd year running with Grønkjær taking runner-up to both prizes. And Lopez ended as the Premier League top scorer with 24 goals, 1 goal ahead of his teammate Frode Johnsen, who bagged 11 goals in the last 8 games. Oh well... better luck next season ;)

Shen that is a fantastic achievement - you shouldn't be disappointed at all! How many seasons have you finished now? What were the board expectations before the season started? And finally, how are you planning to keep all your players happy when all those new signings arrive in the summer?

Shen that is a fantastic achievement - you shouldn't be disappointed at all! How many seasons have you finished now? What were the board expectations before the season started? And finally, how are you planning to keep all your players happy when all those new signings arrive in the summer?

59771[/snapback]

That was my 3rd season (1st in Championship, 10th in Prem, 2nd in Prem) and the expectations were 'achieving a respectable position' (= top half) so both the board and the fans are delighted, but I felt I had a good chance of winning the UEFA Cup and I felt my team was harshly undone in the league...

At the moment, team spirit is excellent! Dabizas, Berger, Tiatto, Gaz and plenty of the youth players/reserve team players are going to leave now, and before I'll sign up all those I listed, I will have a look at who I really need e.g. I might pass on Anelka and Bent anyway. But generally I've managed morale pretty well, only Stewart and Gabiddon have complained, and ironically I gave these 2 the most playing time from all my squad players. Joe Cole was poor in the beginning and decent the last couple of months, so he hardly had any look-ins... and he never complained. Neither did my most expensive buy to date, Andrea Gasbarroni who had similar form to Cole. I hope the new signings won't disrupt the team spirit too much, and I feel they will give the team a more balanced look with plenty of depth.

The problems will arise at the end of next season where many of my stars' contracts are expiring and many of them are too old for me to want to renew them, so my squad will face a complete makeover then, but I'll deal with that in due time :thumbup:

a quick rundown on my game:

currently 4th in first season

players signed : neil mellor(on loan, then signed him for 500k)

kem izzet (not a bad player)

freddy adu (just signed and is in the u/18's)

jay lucas

steve claridge (player/assistant, but then released him as he wasnt good enough assistant

players sold

dublin

keown

benjamin

starting line up

walker

elliott dabizas makin

gillispie williams joey gudj? stewart

tench (me)

mellor connolly

bench: pressman, canero, izzet, scowcroft

i put my self in the game but im not a "handyman"

i want to cut the wages and get some better players in, so in the summer i wont be renewing the contracts of elliot, scowcroft, etc

i drew a game with wolves 5-5 too, it was 4-4 at half time lol

Hey people i live in vancouver canada and i can't get a copy of football manager 2005 here because it's only released in europe i don't know why they don't ever release it here it sounds like so much fun !

does anyone know where i can download a copy of it from ? :D

59840[/snapback]

You sure? 'Cause the US league is in the game, and I believe they have released it over there y'know... so possibilities are that they have it in Canada too :unsure: otherwise I'm sure you could order a copy,.. and I can confirm that the game is fun :D been a fan of it since CM '97

it's not released in canada i checked the ea sports website and total club manger is not released in canada either so i don't know where to get either of the games from any suggestions ?

59843[/snapback]

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ogames&n=507846

It's released in America, under the name "Worldwide Soccer Manager", so couldn't you just order it from Amazon.com and get it shipped to Canada?

is there anything you can do to influence a permit except for appealing?

i've just got a 19yr old american wonderkid to sign a contract but i can't get a permit

is there nothing i can do until he gets some international caps?

i've just got a 19yr old american wonderkid to sign a contract but i can't get a permit

61154[/snapback]

nope ...not as far as I know.. :(

61154[/snapback]

nope ...not as far as I know.. :(

61188[/snapback]

Try declaring your interest in him, should make his reputation go up a bit which would aid him, apart from that, i don't know. :(

Archived