Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2005 Progress Thread

Ronaldo. Kezman. Carlton Cole and Kluivert lead my front line.

65669[/snapback]

Cheater ;)

66288[/snapback]

Jealous! :P;)

66289[/snapback]

Anyone can cheat ;)

66290[/snapback]

yep and its not something to be proud of ;) I didnt cheat and just finished 2nd in the EPL, UEFA Cup semi finalists (lost on penalties to Liverpool) and FA Cup final :D

Holy sh*t I need help ASAP, im currently Hinckley I got promoted from the conference north in my 1st season & now im currently sitting on the top of the conference 18 points clear of second. I signed Lionel Morgan on a free & fulham have just put in a bid of £1.1 mil :S he’s worth £170K at the mo.

Should I sell him considering he's my best player?

Holy sh*t I need help ASAP, im currently Hinckley I got promoted from the conference north in my 1st season & now im currently sitting on the top of the conference 18 points clear of second. I signed Lionel Morgan on a free & fulham have just put in a bid of £1.1 mil :S he’s worth £170K at the mo.

66590[/snapback]

do it! theres a fairly good left winger at brighton i think (mcnamee) at that level

I resigned from leicester after 20 games after a very poor start and decided to have a go at trying to save port vale from relegation. I brought in luke steel (reserve man utd keeper) and (alexis nicholis) chelsea midfielder on loan. I signed duanne darby for £5,000 and i kept them up :D Now to get them promoted :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm almost done with my 4th season at Leicester and Arsenal have bum****ed me again almost exactly the same way as last season.

Equal on points with 1 game to go, I had to hope that Wigan would at least draw the Champions away due to them having a +4 superior goal difference to me. I was playing Chelsea at home, so if we we're both gonna win it was very unlikely that I would overturn the goal difference.

They of course ended up winning and I drew Chelsea 3-3. I managed to go the whole Premier League season unbeaten, so I don't really know what more I can do to beat Arsenal... I won the League Cup though, and have made it to the FA Cup final (vs Liverpool) and the Champions League final too (vs Arsenal... revenge!!) so it's not been a bad season, but the league was my primary target, so I'm left a bit disappointed...

Better luck next year then! ^_^

I'm almost done with my 4th season at Leicester and Arsenal have bum****ed me again almost exactly the same way as last season.

Equal on points with 1 game to go, I had to hope that Wigan would at least draw the Champions away due to them having a +4 superior goal difference to me. I was playing Chelsea at home, so if we we're both gonna win it was very unlikely that I would overturn the goal difference.

They of course ended up winning and I drew Chelsea 3-3. I managed to go the whole Premier League season unbeaten, so I don't really know what more I can do to beat Arsenal... I won the League Cup though, and have made it to the FA Cup final (vs Liverpool) and the Champions League final too (vs Arsenal... revenge!!) so it's not been a bad season, but the league was my primary target, so I'm left a bit disappointed...

71740[/snapback]

You are very good at FM! :o

71740[/snapback]

You are very good at FM! :o

71744[/snapback]

The game is still too easy. You can get way too many great players on frees. And creating a sensible tactic isn't that difficult. I admit I've been extremely lucky in the Champions League, though I lacked quite a bit of it in the league.

but when this is your team:

nybitmapbillede2hk.jpg

You really should be competing on all levels ;)

66590[/snapback]

do it! theres a fairly good left winger at brighton i think (mcnamee) at that level

66592[/snapback]

Well Steza what did ya do?

• 3 weeks later...

For those that bother reading these ^_^

Leicester City update:

I believe I left off having just lost the title at the death for the second year running to Arsenal. Well I got some consolation by defeating them in a thrilling Champions League final, winning 3-4, Mohamed Zidan scoring in the 93. minute... :thumbsup:

I've continued strengthening during the closing, taking my time on deciding who to sign and sell.

Transfers in:

Anthony Reveillere (D/DM RL) from Lyon -- Free

Renato (DM RC) from Sevilla -- Free

Albert Luque (F LC) from Deportivo -- £15,5 mil

Mohamed Kallon (AM RLC) from Monaco -- Free

Ledley King (D/DM C) from Tottenham -- Free

Deco (AM C) unattached -- Free

Tranquilo Barnetta (AM RL) from Leverkusen -- £325k

Bernardo Romeo (S C) from Hamburger SV -- Free

Graeme Carrick (M C) from West Ham -- £900k

Transfers out:

Mark Iuliano (D C) to Cagliari -- £150k

Quincy Owusu Abeyie (S C) to Porto -- £200k

Jordan Stewart (D/AM L) to Newcastle -- £3 mil

Robbie Keane (F C) to Arsenal -- £12,5 mil

Steed Malbranque (AM RL) to Valencia -- £8,25 mil

Tommy Wright, Stephen Dawson, Phil Townley, Sunday Oliseh, Frode Johnsen, Claudio Lopez, James Wesolowski and James Graham all released

I started the season losing the Charity Shield on peno's to Liverpool and then winning the Super Cup against Man U on peno's. Went my first six Premier League games without conceding a single goal and thrashed Dinamo Kiev in the Champions League 7-0. Had a very unfortunate draw against Fulham and an even more unfair loss away against Spurs before getting soundly beaten by Man U away 2-0. But even with 6 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses Arsenal have already built up a lead of 7 points although I have one game in hand :blink:

Crewe Update

I started a game a week ago with my roommate in The Championship. I took up the challenge of managing Crewe while he took over at 'mighty' Wigan. I'd recommend anyone to manage Crewe or Rotherham or maybe even Gillingham. It's not easy! And promotion or playoffs is nigh on impossible! I did get close though and I did end up ahead of my roomie by a few points at the end of the first season. We both endured a somewhat frustrating season with both clubs having a quite poor reputation. Attracting quality players proved very difficult, especially for poor Crewe. When you look at Ashton (before update) who supposedly should be the best or at least the most valuable player, the situation is quite grim. I managed to bring in a few unknowns like Igor Tcherevchenko (D RC), Saulius Mikalajunas (AM L), Jason Gavin (D C) 10k, with loan signings like Mathew Sadler (D L) and Liverpool 'keeper Paul Harrison and later on in the season more known names like Paul Shaw (AM/F C), Marlon Harewood (F RC), Faustino Asprilla (F C), Dodô (S C), Steffen Freund (DM C), Alex Aguinaga (AM RC), Jarkko Hurme (D R) and the ever magnificent Matt Elliott on loan for a total of 9 months :D

I had to tinker alot with the tactics throughout the season. I started out with a classic 4-4-2 which never worked, then 4-3-3 which only had limited success, then a 4-2-3-1 formation with attacking wide wingers and a forward. That worked a lot better but crackled after a few months. So I finally found the right tactics with a similar 4-2-3-1 but with the wingers pulled into the middle so that the formation looked like a pentagon. Has worked a charm and used it ever since! Finished 12th with 64 points but a negative goalscore :rolleyes:

Aiming for at least a playoff place next season!

That was it from me today, and well done to anyone bothered to read this far! :D

Good post Shen! :D

You've worked miracles at Leicester, pity my game broke because thats where I was heading ;)

78608[/snapback]

Indeed...maybe I should've been given the job ahead of Levein ^_^

My only regret is that none of our current crop of young stars developed into anything noteworthy. Jordan Stewart, who I just sold this summer, was really the only current Leicester player that could get regular football. When you look at my squad now, it's just a new Chelsea. At least I have 2 English centrebacks and Joe Cole playing very regularly and also brought in a few English youngsters from West Ham... Come to think of it, i AM Chelsea 2 :blink:

I got the latest update and started a new game with Lincoln.

In my first season I got Mads Timm on a season long loan from Man Utd, Stephen Hughes on a season long loan from Coventry, and bought in Adam Parker from St Albans on a free, and a weekly wage of £85, BARGAIN!!

Also bought in Gary McCutcheon for £1000, who has 20 in Finishing :)

I recommend Parker to anyone in the 3rd Division, he finished the season with 14 goals (second behind Mads Timms 27 goals), and was the top assister with 14 assists.

Not bad for someone on £85 a week.

Anyway, after playing a very attacking 4-3-1-2 formation, with the Full Backs bombing forward and Mads Timm playing just behind Parker and McCutcheon up front I unlucky finished 4th.

I'd been 3rd all season, just 1 point behind Boston in 2nd with 3 games to go (Swansea were miles ahead in second). Anyway, I lost the next two games, and went into the final game of the season 3 points ahead of Oxford in third, but with a 5 better goal difference.

Anyway, even with the BEST DEFENCE IN LEAGUE TWO, I managed to lose 3-0 at the Memorial Ground to Bristol City, Oxford won 3-1 and went above me on GOALS SCORED :mad:

So there I was in the play-offs, first match: BRISTOL CITY AT THE MEMORIAL GROUND, GAH!!

Anyway, beat them 2-0 then 1-1, and won the final 2-0 against Leyton Orient :)

Just started my second season in League 1, got Leandre Griffit on loan from Southampton, and Lee Marshall (he's solid in League 1 ;) And better than all my current defence on practically everything) and Louis Dodds in on frees, and just beat Hibs 3-2 in a pre-season friendly, Griffit with 2 (one after 27 seconds) and Parker with the other.

The Championship here we come!!

Sorry about the essay, got a bit carried away.

• 4 weeks later...

Leicester City Update:

I've just finished the 2008/2009 season as Premier League and Champions League champion :)

As expected it turned out to be another two-horse race between us and Arsenal and this time, we came out on top, rather fortuitously. In the 4th last game, we met Chelski and only managed a 1-1 draw thanks to a suicidal clearance by the otherwise infallible Sørensen in the 93rd minute into the feet of Gudjohnsen. This resulted in us being only 1 point ahead of Arsenal with us having 1 game in hand. The title would've been sewn up had Chelski not equalised. The 3rd last game was against Arsenal themselves, and because of a horrendous injury list, we had to juggle the team around so we had 1 or 2 youngsters and a few regulars in the team who would otherwise not have been there. We got trounced 3-0 and I feared the worst. Luckily Norwich shocked Arsenal in the last game of the season, which opened up our chance of winning the title. But because of massive fixture congestion our last game of the season against So'ton was delayed 1 day (strange actually). But we managed to beat them convincingly 2-0 and bring home the title :D It's been 3 amazing last seasons with only 2 points separating us and Arsenal at the end of every season.

League Standings 2008/2009

The Champions League campaign was relatively easy, with only the quarter-final against Monaco (0-0 draw at home, 0-1 away thanks to a Mohamed Zidan 93rd minute winner :thumbup: ) and the final against AC Milan giving us problems. We were lucky to win the final, as we didn't create a single clear-cut chance while Milan were dangerous themselves. A Albert Luque header following a throw-in proved to be enough although he did add a second in injury time from 55 yards with their keeper having gone up for a corner.

Here are the player averages and my probable line-up. Special mention has to go to Zidan, who is an amazing super-sub and has scored some extremely important goals this season and last.

I've been negotiating several deals with some HUGE stars and I will have to select which 1 or 2 of those I want, as I sadly can't afford to get them all in. Our financesare excellent, but the board refuse to give me a larger share of the money to strengthen the team. But my team is now close to perfect anyway, and the next season will probably be my last. If I sign Ronaldinho, it will effectively be the icing on the cake and there wouldn't be much of a challenge left for me.

Things are going OK with Denmark too, although I did lose a qualifier at home against a 10-man Czech team :mad:

It's tough, as I only play with large database, and the Danish players don't renew, so I'm stuck with basically the same team as the current one :(

Crewe Update

There's no update here, and there won't be any as my mate gave up 2 games into the new season and resigned. I had signed some very decent players as far as I recall and had found a tactic that suited them very well. I drew my first game at home 1-1 against WBA and won my second and last game 0-5 against Preston :thumbup: so at least I ended with a bang! B)

My next update will probably be with Dynamo Dresden in the German 2. Bundesliga. They're a truly apalling team even by Championship standards, but I've managed to bring in a Peruvian (?) quality striker named Silva Pro and also managed to get in Gus Poyet :thumbup: Let's see how it works out...

Started a new game with Leicester, currently 10 League games in.

Signed Leandre Griffit for £100,000, Clint Mathis for £50,000 (sign-on fee) and got Neil Meller, Rohan Ricketts and Kenwye Jones on loan till the end of the season, and all of them are starters in my first team :)

Clint Mathis is brilliant, he's scored 9 goals in 10 games, bloomin' marvellous, and is currently the Championship top scorer.

Rohan Ricketts has won Young Player Of The Month for the first two months.

Stephen Hughes has the most assists in the Championship.

I also managed to sell Jordan Stewart to West Brom for £1.2 million pounds, which I thought was a shrewd bit of business :D

I don't really need to spend the money though, my team's quite settled.

The team's in second place at the moment, 2 points behind Forest in first (won 8, drawn 2; Forest won 9, drawn 1).

We both have the joint best defence in the league, only conceeding 1 goal each (thanks to the stalwarts that are Dublin and Dabizas), which occured when we played each other at the City Ground.

They went 1-0 up after 78 minutes (after Griffit got sent off) and so I bought on Scowcroft in the 80th minute and with his first touch he controlled a beautiful through ball from Hughes and with his second he smashed it home into the top corner :D

Got knocked out of the League cup in the second round.

Beat Wigan in the 1st, but lost uncharateristically to Reading 3-1, after they went 3-0 up.

I think that's everything important.

Tried signing Hakan Yakin for a quarter of a million, but he didn't want to move to an English club :angry:

It s ma first season and i am doing great.

Table

1.Leicester 23 matches played 18 win 4 draw and 1 lost.goals for:64 against :17 Points:58

2.Leeds 43

My current squad: Hirschfield;Maybury,Dabizas,Heath,Tiatto;Pezzarossi,Hughes,Williams,Stewart;Connoly,de Vries.

Average Ratings:

1.Stewart 8,22

2.Dabizas 7,96

3.Hughes 7,67

Win over Portsmouth(3-1) in League cup Quarter Final and we r gonna play Fulham in semi final.

In fa cup 3 rd round we r gonna play wid Sunderland

Some big wins:

Coventry:5-1

Watford:6-0(a)

Crewe:6-0

Plymouth:5-1(a)

Transfers In:

Dwight Pezzarossi on a free transfer

Patrick McCourt from Rochdale

Players Out:

Lee Morris

Chris Makin