Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2005 Progress Thread

Not really an update, but im going to start a new season with Hinckley United, i dont have any funds and this is my first go at managing a lower league club, so any players that would be worth a buy would be gratefully recieved :thumbup:

Not really an update, but im going to start a new season with Hinckley United, i dont have any funds and this is my first go at managing a lower league club, so any players that would be worth a buy would be gratefully recieved :thumbup:

93678[/snapback]

Try Adam Parker (a forward).

I bought him for Lincoln.

He came on a free from St Albans (I think) and is only on £85 a week.

In my first season in League 2 he got about 15 goals, 14 assists and won the Fans Player of the Year.

In my second season he's currently Lincoln's top scorer (this is now in League One) with about 10 goals and is still getting the assists in.

He reckon he might come to Hinckley, and he's on cheap wages, so give it a go :thumbup:

Courtney Naylor from Enfield is always worth a buy. He's a great finisher and an excellent set piece taker, should bag you plenty of goals in a season if you play him with the right instructions.

So I'm in the Premiership with Leicester in my second season.

I've bought in:

Transfers:

Patrick Kisnorbo, Hearts, Free

Graham Stack, Free Transfer, Free

Michael Brown, Tottenham, £1.2million

Patrick Scullion, Dumferline, £275k (He's a very highly rated youngster who I beat a host of clubs to signing :) )

Guti, Real Madrid, £4.3 million (HOW DID I MANAGE TO SIGN GUTI?????)

Season Long Loans:

Neil Mellor, Liverpool (Got me 15 goals in the Championship, and since I'm paying none of his wages I thought it was worth the risk again)

Hugo Viana, Newcastle (To replace Rohan Ricketts on the left, who was awesome on loan for me in the Championship)

Guti has become one of the clubs "Favoured Personnel" along with Martin O'Neill and Emile Heskey for some reason.

I very nearly got Gerard from Barcelona, we sorted out a contract but he chose to stay in La Liga and go to Mallorca instead.

Been in talks with Christian Vieri and Mohammah Zidane too, but Vieri went to Juventus and Zidane to Real Madrid :(

Sorted out a transfer with Jiri Jarosik, but since I have Gudjonnnnnsssssssssssen, Scullion and Kisnorbo who all can play defensive central midfielder, and Stephen Hughes and Michael Brown (who currently starts) who can play central midfielder I cancelled the transfer at the 11th hour.

Anyway, my results so far have been as follows:

Leicester City 0 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur

Defoe 59, Bergkamp (yes, you read correct) 76

Leicester City 2 - 1 Wolverhapmton Wanderers (Televised)

Guti 34, Mathis 82; I. Ganea 30

Crystal Palace 2 - 1 Leicester City

Ventola 2, Johnson 81; Leandre Griffit 35

Leicester City 2 - 0 Blackburn Rovers (Televised)

Guti 29, Mathis 41; Dickov and Savage both injured :thumbup:

Bolton Wanderers 0 - 1 Leicester City (Televised)

Mellor 38

Current Table

Table11thSeptember.jpg

The reason Derby have no goals is because, although they were Championship Champions last season, Gregor Rasiak sorted out a transfer to Bolton in the Jauary transfer window, for when his contract finished in July, so they lost the guy that sent them up, AND GOT NOTHING FOR HIM!!

Look where its got them, HAW!!

• 3 weeks later...

Just got promoted to the premiership with Leicester City. Finished fifth in the league and won the play-offs

ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY-OFF SEMI-FINAL FIRST LEG:

LEICESTER CITY 1 QUEENS PARK RANGERS 0

ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY-OFF SEMI-FINAL SECOND LEG:

QUEENS PARK RANGERS 2 LEICESTER CITY 2

ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY-OFF FINAL:

?action=view&current=untitled.jpg

YAY! :Dlol:Dlol

And some other good images from the end of the season:

?action=view&current=untitled2.jpg

and...

?action=view&current=untitled3.jpg

Maybe i could show craig a thing or two on how to play MDV

:ph34r::P

Just finished 13th in the Premiership in my first season.

Derby and Crystal Palace were always going to be relegated, and I was occupying the last relegation place after a run of 6 straight defeats, when my team suddenly hit form:

West Bromich Albion 1 - 4 Leicester City (TV)

Derby County 1 - 3 Leicester City (TV) (this loss for Derby confirmed their relegation, it was SWEEEEEEET)

Leicester City 2 - 2 Norwich City (Dean Ashton equalised in the 90th minute, boo!!)

Middlesbrough 1 - 0 Leicester City (A game I should have won :( )

Leicester City 3 - 2 Manchester City

Fulham 0 - 3 Leicester City (This put me 6 points clear of Fulham occupying the last relegation place)

Leicester City 2 - 0 Birmingham City (Confirmed by Premiership status in front of the home crowd :) Although he's been very hit and miss this season, last season's top scorer Clint Mathis scored the second and vital goal with a looping header from the edge of the area against former Fox Ian Walker)

Liverpool 2 - 0 Leicester City

A lot of credit goes to Guti, who won Premiership Player of the Month for April.

I also bought Mido from Roma for £1.9mill who, although he's only scored a couple of goals, helped set up a good few even with a niggling injury he picked up after playing for Egypt in the African Nations.

Credit needs to go to Graham Stack who's been outstanding all season long.

I'm pleased with Scullion, he's started all the matches he's played (34), and got his first international callup, coming on as a sub for Scotland.

Should be brilliant in seasons to come :)

Average Ratings

AverageRatings2005-06.jpg

Goal Scorers

GoalScorers2005-06.jpg

Final Table

FinalTable2005-06.jpg

Overall I'm quite pleased :)

Graham Stack was in the Premiership team of the season :D

Guti won Fan's Player Of The Year.

Fans are uneasy at me bringing in Hasan Sas on a free, but they can bum off, he's better than Gillespie and Leandre Griffit and can player left, right and centre attacking midfield.

Also managed to sign Freddy Adu on a free :D

Juventus, AC Milan and Man Utd all offered him a contract, but he chose me over all three of them :D

I've just managed to get Ashton Utd promoted at the first attempt to the conference as champions of the conference north. I think I'll have a more difficult time in the conference though. What a game Football Manager is!

Liverpool 2005/6

First team: Dudek, Hargreaves, Evra, Ferdinand, Carragher, Gerrard, Emre Belozoglu, Kewell, van Bommel, Cisse, Sinama-Pongolle.

In the process of trying to wrench Defoe away from Spurs to complete the squad for the season.

Finished 3rd in first season and reached the quarter-finals of the CL.

Hmm!! Drew 1-1 with CSKA Moscow in the home leg of my CL qualifier, thought I was in trouble, went away and won 6-0 including a 95-yard special from Jerzy Dudek. No word of a lie.

Cisse turned the ball back to him from a failed free kick and he hoofed it upfield from just outside his 6 yard box and it went in the corner of the net

Liverpool 2005/6

First team: Dudek, Hargreaves, Evra, Ferdinand, Carragher, Gerrard, Emre Belozoglu, Kewell, van Bommel, Cisse, Sinama-Pongolle.

In the process of trying to wrench Defoe away from Spurs to complete the squad for the season.

107321[/snapback]

You should be looking to win the Prem Title with ease with that team...You possibly need a better left winger than Kewell and Emre is more of a central mid isn't he?.. You can get Grønkjær who is a CM god... nowhere near as poor as in real life ^_^:P

Liverpool 2005/6

107321[/snapback]

You should be looking to win the Prem Title with ease with that team...You possibly need a better left winger than Kewell and Emre is more of a central mid isn't he?.. You can get Grønkjær who is a CM god... nowhere near as poor as in real life ^_^:P

107342[/snapback]

Kewell top average last season with 8.12. Playing Emre in the middle and Gerrard on the right with van Bommel in between defence and midfield. Still getting used to the game so any tips will be very helpful.

Chelsea have signed Adriano and Berbatov to go with Ronaldo though.

And Fernando Cavenaghi!! How many bleeding strikers do they want?

None of them are as good as Cisse though.

And Fernando Cavenaghi!! How many bleeding strikers do they want?

None of them are as good as Cisse though.

107344[/snapback]

Legends B)

My strike pairing for Leicester in 2006/07, Cavenaghi on loan from Chelsea and got Cisse for £4.5m as Liverpool signed Yakubu and the City board decided to give me a lot of money.

Currently 6th in the league with about 4 games to go, finished 2nd in the first year to go up, 7th in the 2nd which got me European football, and i've got a semi final against Valencia coming up.

Team:

Robert Green

Maybury/Canero

Escude

Huth (on loan for a 2nd season, he's now got Leicester as his favoured club)

Stewart

Gasbarroni

Hughes

Nakamura, often chop and change the central midfielders, with Folly, Williams and Varyrynen or whatever his name is.

Malbranque

Cisse

Cavenaghi

Got quite a few arriving on frees in the summer, Nihat is the main one, then there's Arca, Drury, Gera, Craig Gordon.

Sounds good.

I always have trouble with Leicester as I don't like changing the team cos then it's unrealistic but you can't achieve anything with our team. Always end up leaving very early, apart from one monster game on CM97/98 when I won the European Cup three times and got to about 2024. Ah, memories.

Heres a run down of my current game, im in my fifth season

1st season - Hinckley - champions od conference north

2nd - season - Hinckley - champions of conference national

3rd season - Hinckley - champions of league two

4th season - Aston Villa :rolleyes: - 4th in the prem + uefa cup winners

- England - euro 2008 winners

5th season - ?????? WORLD DOMINATION ;)

I have just been drawn in the same champions league group as barcalona, juventus & bayern munich :mad:

It is quite annoying, the fans are on my back all the time because i had a poor start after facing Man Utd at home, Liverpool and Arsenal away in 3 of the first 4 games. Also because i spent quite a bit.

Recently taken over at Leicester in an online game aswell, we've just finished the 3rd season and Leicester are my 6th club. First signing was to bring Muzzy back on a free :D Also was offered the Greece job, so i took that and made the lads i was playing with U19 and U21 coaches.

Little quirks annoy me now and then, like Carlos Tevez having Liverpool as a favoured club but still wanting to leave cos he can't settle??? Bit weird but I suppose it could be understandable.

On the whole, this bloody game is the main reason I have underachieved in life so far.

But I love it!!!

3rd season - Hinckley - champions of league one

4th season - Aston Villa  :rolleyes:  - 4th in the prem + uefa cup winners

5th season - ?????? WORLD DOMINATION  ;)

I have just been drawn in the same champions league group as barcalona, juventus & bayern munich  :mad:

107550[/snapback]

From Conference National to League One in one season?

That's some good going ;)

3rd season - Hinckley - champions of league one

4th season - Aston Villa  :rolleyes:  - 4th in the prem + uefa cup winners

5th season - ?????? WORLD DOMINATION  ;)

I have just been drawn in the same champions league group as barcalona, juventus & bayern munich  :mad:

107550[/snapback]

From Conference National to League One in one season?

That's some good going ;)

107633[/snapback]

lol, my mistake that would be some achievement

I am Bristol City at the moment. Got them promoted after finishing in second place. Now 14th in the Championship after one game. Leicester City got relegated on my game, and Rotheram got promoted into the Premiership after finishing top :o .

Rotheram.gif

City.gif

I am Bristol City at the moment. Got them promoted after finishing in second place. Now 14th in the Championship after one game. Leicester City got relegated on my game, and Rotheram got promoted into the Premiership after finishing top  :o .

Rotheram.gif

City.gif

108348[/snapback]

Dennis Bergkamp at rotherham, wow :o

Archived