Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2005 Progress Thread

ok.  Well I have just started a league with Plymouth.

I have 400k to spend a desperately need a striker.  Think people.  what bargains are out there for around 100k????????????

61742[/snapback]

earnshaw on loan.

Right, going on from where I left off.

In the end I decided on bringing in all of the following during the summer: Yobo, Atouba, Mutu, Juan, Malbranque, Robbie Keane

I've since gone out and bought Van Bommel for £6,5mil, Mathew Reed (a young keeper from West Ham, in the England U-21's in my game) for £1mil and Mohamed Zidan on a free.

I was also approached by the Danish FA to become their national manager, and I happily accepted their proposal B)

Started the season by organising a few high profile friendlies. I beat Barca 3-0 and continued unbeaten against Celtic, Milan, Real Madrid and Man U before getting thrashed 1-4 by Bayern 2 days before the opening Prem game :blink:

10 games into the season and I'm lying 7th with 16 points. I'm terribly frustrated at how things are going, because I'm playing excellent footie but I've been devoid of any luck in both the league and in the Champions League. The crazy thing I'm still unbeaten in the Prem, and I've met Man U, Arse and Pool away already, but I've drawn 7 of my 10 games :(

It's a bit up and down in the Champions League. I drew 1-1 away to Panathinaikos, beat Roma 1-0 at home and lost away to Porto thanks to a 35-yard sensational rocket by Diego..while I hit the woodwork 3 times <_< that very much sums up my luck.

Meanwhile I've done wonders with Denmark already, beating Poland 1-2 away in a must-win game, cruising past FYR Macedonia 1-0 and beating Italy 3-0 :blink: to qualify automatically for the European Championships :D

Hopefully I'll get going in the league soon, otherwise I can kiss the championship hopes goodbye... Arsenal have already got a 10 point gap down to me :(

i'm just about to start my second season with lcfc (dumped the yeovil game). i got promoted in 2nd place (behind f**est :mad: ) so i'm just about to start in the prem with 600k spends. my team at the moment is:

walker/pidgeley- not decided on my number 1 yet

alan sheehan

andy dawson

danny higginbotham - bought this summer 200k

darren moore - bought this summer free

jordan stewart

craig pead

kavanagh

ali benarbia

dublin

bruce dyer

subs:

makin

canero

wesoloski

darren currie

anthony mcnamee

petrescu

championship here i come......championship as in div 1 as was :rolleyes:

Good luck Stez - you'll need it with that sqaud! :P

Don't worry though, if your finances are in order you should get a £7million boost just before the season starts ;)

Don't worry though, if your finances are in order you should get a £7million boost just before the season starts ;)

62307[/snapback]

cheers mate. just been boosted by a transfer budget of 9.25m then promptly trashed 4-2 by man city :mad:

62307[/snapback]

cheers mate. just been boosted by a transfer budget of 9.25m then promptly trashed 4-2 by man city :mad:

62309[/snapback]

Time to start spending the cash methinks. :rolleyes:

tips please!

iv now lost 2-0 to blackburn 2-0 to birmingham 1-0 to bolton and i'm about to play chelsea any tips on formation (although i'm loathed to drop 442) etcc'mon be my guru.........

62602[/snapback]

have u given personal instructions to each player? If not, then do so, and the best is to find a balance so that your players aren't too offensive/creative and not too defensive/one-sided..you'll have to experiment a bit to find out what suits your team best. I'd recommend playing big and small up front or if you play a lone striker, then use hold up ball. Otherwise I have often witnessed my attacks breaking up...try and experiment with set pieces as well, get as many players in the box as you can, and ensure you've got the best corner taker assigned to taking them.

Defensively, I always only pick 1 centreback to manmark and the other on zonal to help cover the other or pick an own target to mark, and if the opposite team has a player that is really screwing you over, try manmarking him closely.

That should hopefully help you along... :unsure:

Having a right bit of bother at the minute. It seems the opposition have become immune to my formation and I can't win, especially away from home. Keep losing games 3-2 or 4-3, i'm conceding goals like a right c u n t.

I have got a quality team aswell with SWP, Kevin Kuranyi, Julio Baptista, Billy Jones, Daniel Freid Holm, Cedric Van Der Gun all recent signings.

I can't understand why i'm doing so badly. 8th in the premiership after finishing 3rd in my first season in the premiership?

Just started a league season with Hinckley UTD in the Conference North, played 4, won 3 lost one, 3rd in the league, signed Chris o' Grady on loan from Leicester, got a lad called Steven Cooke on loan from Villa who can play all over midfield along with 2 Keepers (Mark Ovendale and Matt Gehnt) and a centre back. COME ON HINCKLEY!

Just started a league season with Hinckley UTD in the Conference North, played 4, won 3 lost one, 3rd in the league, signed Chris o' Grady on loan from Leicester, got a lad called Steven Cooke on loan from Villa who can play all over midfield along with 2 Keepers (Mark Ovendale and Matt Gehnt) and a centre back. COME ON HINCKLEY!

64047[/snapback]

Just beat Hucknall town 7-1 O'Grady's second hat trick in 2 games, GET IN!

Having a right bit of bother at the minute. It seems the opposition have become immune to my formation and I can't win, especially away from home. Keep losing games 3-2 or 4-3, i'm conceding goals like a right c u n t.

I have got a quality team aswell with SWP, Kevin Kuranyi, Julio Baptista, Billy Jones, Daniel Freid Holm, Cedric Van Der Gun all recent signings.

I can't understand why i'm doing so badly. 8th in the premiership after finishing 3rd in my first season in the premiership?

63956[/snapback]

Notice how all 'xcept Billy Jones ('keeper right?) are offensive players :rolleyes: Who do you have at the back? I'm strugling as well in my 3rd season in the Prem with a much better squad than the year before. I'm not even in the Champions League spots with 1/3 of the season gone after finishing 2nd the year before, so I'm afraid I can't help you there. Maybe you need to accomodate your new players better and change your formation/system/instructions to suit them better? Just an idea...

63956[/snapback]

Notice how all 'xcept Billy Jones ('keeper right?) are offensive players :rolleyes: Who do you have at the back? I'm strugling as well in my 3rd season in the Prem with a much better squad than the year before. I'm not even in the Champions League spots with 1/3 of the season gone after finishing 2nd the year before, so I'm afraid I can't help you there. Maybe you need to accomodate your new players better and change your formation/system/instructions to suit them better? Just an idea...

64153[/snapback]

Billy Jones is a defender, can play anywhere across the back.

My team is as follows

GK - Paul Lancaster (quality from Liverpool)

RB - Billy Jones

CB - Michael Dawson

CB - Robert Huth

LB - Jankuwolski (can't spell that for shit)

RM - Shaun Wright-Phillips

CM - Gareth Williams

CM - Julio Baptista

LM - Freddy Adu

SC - Kevin Kuranyi

SC - Ewerthon

Rest of Squad: Alexander Frei, Daniel Freid Holm, Cedric Van Der Gun, Gerard, Jordan Stewart, Petit, Paul Ifill, Zenden, Jussi-Pekka Savvoilen, Tommy Wright, Alex Cave-Brown, Peter Canero, Richard Stearman, Ian Walker, Olof Mellberg.

Bloody hell I am having a terrible time at the moment. Still in my third season I won the Carling Cup after beating Chelsea in the final 3-2. After that things went downhill badly and I lost 7 games in a row and without a win in 9 games - a new club record :(. Conceding goals left right and centre I was hopeless.

Thank god the season is now over and I finished 14th after a promising start. I have got to sort out my defence ASAP cos I haven't kept a clean sheet in ages. My defenders are Robert Huth, Michael Jakobsson, Phillipe Christanval, Rich Stearman, Cosmin Contra, Jay Smedley, Nikos Dabizas (whose contract runs out and won't be renewed) and MAtt Heath (same as Dabizas).

I need to get a good centre back and goalie for fairly cheap. Any tips?

Bloody hell I am having a terrible time at the moment. Still in my third season I won the Carling Cup after beating Chelsea in the final 3-2. After that things went downhill badly and I lost 7 games in a row and without a win in 9 games - a new club record :(. Conceding goals left right and centre I was hopeless.

Thank god the season is now over and I finished 14th after a promising start. I have got to sort out my defence ASAP cos I haven't kept a clean sheet in ages. My defenders are Robert Huth, Michael Jakobsson, Phillipe Christanval, Rich Stearman, Cosmin Contra, Jay Smedley, Nikos Dabizas (whose contract runs out and won't be renewed) and MAtt Heath (same as Dabizas).

I need to get a good centre back and goalie for fairly cheap. Any tips?

64550[/snapback]

Check the market for free signings... it's oh so easy to get a quality side just by signing free players. Matt Upson should be a good addition, and look in Germany for defenders... keepers are a little harder to find, but if you can afford him, then get Niemi...otherwise look through the South American national teams... there's usually a brilliant keeper for either Brazil, Argentina or Mexico for reasonable money... only trouble might be WP's...

Just finished my 5th season in charge at the Walkers. Won the League Cup with a 1-0 win over Man Utd in the final. Finished 6th, level with 5th and just 4points behind 4th. Ronaldo. Kezman. Carlton Cole and Kluivert lead my front line.

Best Results of the season:

Leicester 1-0 Chelsea

Manchester United 0-1 Leicester (Leauge Cup Final)

Manchester United 0-3 Leicester

Had the 3rd best defence in the league and the 5th best attack. Hopefully i can push on for a CL Place and have a good UEFA Cup run this year :D

cheers for all the advice but i still got the flick from lcfc on the 24th dec! and just before my january signings (hasslebaink and baker (preston)) joined (bastids <_< ) anyway i took a job at st albans! then hull offered me a life line so i'm now there but still have problems with the team 'losing it' as the end of the season nears (we're currently 4th in league 2). advice? :S

cheers for all the advice but i still got the flick from lcfc on the 24th dec! and just before my january signings (hasslebaink and baker (preston)) joined (bastids  <_<  )  anyway i took a job at st albans! then hull offered me a life line so i'm now there but still have problems with the team 'losing it' as the end of the season nears (we're currently 4th in league 2). advice?  :S

66119[/snapback]

Try lowering the intensity of your training schedules, your players could be getting very tired towards the end of the season.

cheers for all the advice but i still got the flick from lcfc on the 24th dec! and just before my january signings (hasslebaink and baker (preston)) joined (bastids  <_<  )  anyway i took a job at st albans! then hull offered me a life line so i'm now there but still have problems with the team 'losing it' as the end of the season nears (we're currently 4th in league 2). advice?  :S

66119[/snapback]

Try lowering the intensity of your training schedules, your players could be getting very tired towards the end of the season.

66124[/snapback]

good plan, cheers mate. i do tend to up the training when they look like they're slacking on the pitch! :blink:

Archived