Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Molson Canadian

Izzet career nearing the end

Well he's also got a year left on his £34,500 p/w contract, which will cost brum at least 750,000 to terminate.

I'm sure the insurance will pay any outstanding contract plus a nice payout to Muzzy for his premature retirement!

He's looking at a couple of Million easy.

I'm sure the insurance will pay any outstanding contract plus a nice payout to Muzzy for his premature retirement!

He's looking at a couple of Million easy.

Add that to the 4 or 5 mil he has already.....

Bruce admits Izzet fear

From Skysports http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=39...mits+Izzet+fear

Birmingham City boss Steve Bruce concedes there is a question mark over Muzzy Izzet's career.

Izzet is still struggling with a knee injury which has been hampering the former Turkey international for some time.

The 31-year-old's agent Jonathan Barnett admitted over the weekend that his client was battling to save his professional career.

Now Blues chief Bruce has confirmed that the ongoing knee injury is having a major impact on his performances.

"There are considerations with Muzzy," commented Bruce.

"He's come to the point where his knee is very, very painful and he can't fulfil what he wants to do."

Another Birmingham player who has suffered from nagging injury problems is David Dunn, whose hamstring has given him persistent gyp.

Bruce is hoping the midfielder is now finally over his troubles and admits it will be a big season at St Andrews for the former Blackburn ace.

He added: "He's had a summer of conditioning. He's been doing all sorts.

"There's nothing specifically wrong with him. If you've got a broken leg, you mend it, it's fixed, you're over it. Dunny is more complicated than that, unfortunately.

"He's got a crossroads in his career. He knows that if he doesn't start playing, he will have to bear the consequences."

If Izzet has good coaching qualities then i'd like to see him back here in that capacity in the future, we are short of coaches here and it appears nothing has materialised on that front as of yet. Which amazes me, we are 6 days away from thew start of pre-season and we still have no new coaches in, just a pissing scout. I'm not saying Kelly hasn't done anything about it, infact i'm sure he's been working flat out to bring some coaching help in, but does that suggest that nobody is interested?

If Izzet has good coaching qualities then i'd like to see him back here in that capacity in the future, we are short of coaches here and it appears nothing has materialised on that front as of yet. Which amazes me, we are 6 days away from thew start of pre-season and we still have no new coaches in, just a pissing scout. I'm not saying Kelly hasn't done anything about it, infact i'm sure he's been working flat out to bring some coaching help in, but does that suggest that nobody is interested?

I agree re Coaches. We SHOULD have had someone in by now. Perhaps RK is 'waiting his turn', ie waiting for a possible Coach to get turned down as a Manager at another club - there was loads of speculation a month or two ago, about the likes of Gary Mac, Colin Lee etc coming to us - perhaps they're waiting for a job elsewhere, before considering us ?

I agree re Coaches. We SHOULD have had someone in by now. Perhaps RK is 'waiting his turn', ie waiting for a possible Coach to get turned down as a Manager at another club - there was loads of speculation a month or two ago, about the likes of Gary Mac, Colin Lee etc coming to us - perhaps they're waiting for a job elsewhere, before considering us ?

I heard that Brian Little might come in as a coach. Interesting rumour.

It's official he has hung up his boots

From Skysports http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=39...+time+on+career

Muzzy Izzet has been forced to retire after failing to overcome a long-standing knee injury.

The midfielder missed the majority of Birmingham's relegation season last term due to the problem and it has shown little improvement of late.

Blues chief Steve Bruce said on Monday that Izzet was in real pain when putting any stress on the joint and the 31-year-old has taken the decision to call time on his career.

"Muzzy has come to the point where his knee is very, very painful and he can't fulfil what he wants to do," Bruce told the club's official website.

"We would like to thank Muzzy for his efforts during his two years here and wish him all the very best for whatever he chooses to do in the future."

Izzet, a former Turkey international, had a further year to run on his contract at St Andrews, but he agreed to cancel the deal by mutual consent.

The midfielder started his career at Chelsea, but made his name at Leicester during an eight-year stint with The Foxes.

He joined Blues in the summer of 2004, but was never really able to show his class at St Andrews.

It's official he has hung up his boots

From Skysports http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=39...+time+on+career

Muzzy Izzet has been forced to retire after failing to overcome a long-standing knee injury.

The midfielder missed the majority of Birmingham's relegation season last term due to the problem and it has shown little improvement of late.

Blues chief Steve Bruce said on Monday that Izzet was in real pain when putting any stress on the joint and the 31-year-old has taken the decision to call time on his career.

"Muzzy has come to the point where his knee is very, very painful and he can't fulfil what he wants to do," Bruce told the club's official website.

"We would like to thank Muzzy for his efforts during his two years here and wish him all the very best for whatever he chooses to do in the future."

Izzet, a former Turkey international, had a further year to run on his contract at St Andrews, but he agreed to cancel the deal by mutual consent.

The midfielder started his career at Chelsea, but made his name at Leicester during an eight-year stint with The Foxes.

He joined Blues in the summer of 2004, but was never really able to show his class at St Andrews.

So so sad, I can't quite accept I'll never see Izzet play professional football again.

Anyone know how we can send him a card or something?

Archived