Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Daniel

FM Tactics

I just use a 4-4-2 which seems to be working very well for me.

Obviously all the positions have differnt instructions etc. eg. One defensive midfielder and one attacking one..

I also play with a target man, Scowy is class! :D:P

I'm 14th in the Prem in my 3rd season.

I Play..

----------------------------Walker------------------------------------

Canero------------Stearman------Dabizas------------------Tiatto

-----------------------------M.Hughes--------------------------------

Turner-----------------------------------------------------Stewart

----------------------------Williams---------------------------------

---------Connolly--------------------------Scowy-----------------

Scowy target man.Connolly going out wide and wing backs.Top of Champonship 1st season

At the moment my best team is:

-----------------Walker

Canero----Lescott--Dabizas----Stewart

D.Thompson-Nalis--Williams---Sikora

-----------Scowcroft--Wright

Nalis is now 35 and still getting 8's, 9's and 10's :o:D

Dabizas is a god on the game :o:P

Nalis is now 35 and still getting 8's, 9's and 10's

Since Nalis said he's going at the end of the season i dropped him to reserves.

37011[/snapback]

He said that to me too, but I managed to get him to stay ;)

Walker did exactly the same.

You should play Lil! :o Class act ;)

Nalis is now 35 and still getting 8's, 9's and 10's

Since Nalis said he's going at the end of the season i dropped him to reserves.

37011[/snapback]

He said that to me too, but I managed to get him to stay ;)

Walker did exactly the same.

You should play Lil! :o Class act ;)

37013[/snapback]

Might give him a chance then.But Michael Hughes is wicked scores loads aswell.5 so far this season in like 7 games since i got him on loan.

---------------------------Ian Walker

Rob Kozluk----Liam Ridgewell---Nikos Dabizas---Danny Granville

Matt Piper----Joey Gudjonsson----Williams/Nalis---Sho Jiayi

---------------Enrico Cheisa----Jamie Scowcroft

37095[/snapback]

You like your foreigners don't you Ricey ;)

Reverted back to a 4-4-2 after 3-5-2 became a bit leaky defensively.

Walker

Makin / Dabizas / Heath / Stewart

Canero / Williams / Joey / Green - On loan from Fulham

Scowy / Benjamin

Joey the defensive minded midfielder, with Williams playing just behind the front two where he proves to be lethal. ;)

Everyone keeps saying how awesome Williams is, but I've not experienced it.

I play 4-1-2-1-2 (although I pushed the Defensive midfielder further up so it's more a 4-3-1-2) with Williams in the attacking midfield role. Although he scores a fair few his ratings are pretty poor and he's even got a rating of 3 in a couple of games, after which I had enough and dropped him. He's not getting in my first team now.

ratings for players being played out of position are ridiculous IMO... I've had Morris playing on the right wing for Gillespie a few times and although he actually plays quite well out there, the game engine ignores this and just gives him 3...

Also had to put Makin in goal once and he actually did very well considering hes an outfield player yet he got 2. Fact is Gareth isn't an AMC, so his ratings will most probably suffer from that. If you play him in an MC role (and give him offensive intrsuctions) his ratings will fly through the roof!

ratings for players being played out of position are ridiculous IMO... I've had Morris playing on the right wing for Gillespie a few times and although he actually plays quite well out there, the game engine ignores this and just gives him 3...

Also had to put Makin in goal once and he actually did very well considering hes an outfield player yet he got 2. Fact is Gareth isn't an AMC, so his ratings will most probably suffer from that. If you play him in an MC role (and give him offensive intrsuctions) his ratings will fly through the roof!

37589[/snapback]

I agree about the ratings for playing people out of position, crazy stuff.

Play a right winger on the left and he gets a 3 :huh:

Sort it out Ricey ;)

37589[/snapback]

Sort it out Ricey ;)

37885[/snapback]

To be fair, if you played a striker in goal and he let 7 goals in, you wouldn't give him a 9 because he was played out of position would you.

37589[/snapback]

Sort it out Ricey ;)

37885[/snapback]

To be fair, if you played a striker in goal and he let 7 goals in, you wouldn't give him a 9 because he was played out of position would you.

37925[/snapback]

?

Craig, I play a right winger on the left and he suddenly has a bad game?

Does Morris automatically play badly when he is on the right? Being left footed and all that would surely mean he would simply trip over himself when he came on...

Or if I need to play a central midfielder on the wing due to injury, I change all his instructions so he's just a containing player, yet he still plays at a 3? :blink:

Surely shouldn't happen?

Yep that definitely is a major flaw in the game. Just because a player isn't played in their natural position it shouldn't automatically mean that they have a crap game - like FM assumes.

4-1-2-1-2

...................Walker

Canero...Dabizas...Scimeca...Stewart

................C. Healy..

.........Williams.....Vaughn.

...............Scowcroft.

........Bothroyd...Connolly..

Subs- Stack, Julio Ceaser, Traore, Nalis, Burchill, Cort, Ednilson, Wright, Stearman

A nice big squad, but I like to change my formation quite a lot as i find the computer gets better and better at working out how to beat your formation. I use these players with short passing and narrow width as i find it suits the technical ability of my players.

Last season I used to play Dublin, Cort, Scowroft and sometimes Blake upfront with Connolly running through and had my passing on LONG. Used to work a treat but I decided to re-build a younger more attractive side for this season and it is going okay. Uefa cup last 16 and league cup semi final as wellas in the driving seat for pormotion.

Archived