Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

If the Birch is your one true love you'll like this

Birch Back On The BBC.

Former Leicester City legend Alan Birchenall is re-joining forces with BBC Radio Leicester to present this seasons Football Phone In.

"The Birch" as he's affectionately known by the Foxes fans, will be taking calls every Monday between 6 and 7 on 104.9 FM.

BBC Radio Leicester's Managing Editor Kate Squire says "We're delighted that Alan Birchenall is joining our sports team for the coming season. Alan is one of the best known, and most respected voices on the Foxes, and is really looking forward to sharing his thoughts with the fans. Alan will compliment our 1st rate coverage, and exclusive commentary on every Leicester City game."

The Birch added: "I've had a tremendous relationship with the fans since I was a player and it is a great way of keeping in touch with Leicester City supporters. It is basically an extension of what I've done at the football club since I finished playing.

"People who know me will understand that I will be wanting to have a bit of banter so hopefully we can have some fun while we are doing it!"

The first phone in of the season will be on Monday 31st July 2006.

Join in by calling 0116 251 1049.

He's always a fan's man, when there's anything contencious he just keeps stum.

Doesn't that make him a club man, or were you being a tad sarky? :P

Birch Back On The BBC.

Former Leicester City legend Alan Birchenall is re-joining forces with BBC Radio Leicester to present this seasons Football Phone In.

"The Birch" as he's affectionately known by the Foxes fans, will be taking calls every Monday between 6 and 7 on 104.9 FM.

BBC Radio Leicester's Managing Editor Kate Squire says "We're delighted that Alan Birchenall is joining our sports team for the coming season. Alan is one of the best known, and most respected voices on the Foxes, and is really looking forward to sharing his thoughts with the fans. Alan will compliment our 1st rate coverage, and exclusive commentary on every Leicester City game."

The Birch added: "I've had a tremendous relationship with the fans since I was a player and it is a great way of keeping in touch with Leicester City supporters. It is basically an extension of what I've done at the football club since I finished playing.

"People who know me will understand that I will be wanting to have a bit of banter so hopefully we can have some fun while we are doing it!"

The first phone in of the season will be on Monday 31st July 2006.

Join in by calling 0116 251 1049.

What a pile of Horse Shit!

Good to hear the Birch will be back to restore some sort of sense to RL.

I think it's a good move from RL's point-of-view, I imagine it'll generate more callers and liven up the show (stop those calls about shirt printing etc.) but it'll also stop calls criticising the club or at least stop them from getting to put their point across properly, we all know that Birch will stand up for the club on everything.

has he dumped the Legends phone in on Century/Heart of whatever it's called? always enjoyed that more than the OFFICIAL Leicester phone

That has been canned by Heart and replaced by a quiz show.

i was dissppointed when i heard that, even tough it was annoying and burns and birtles would wind me up it was good to have football chatter every week night.

Archived