Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shipman Out

So thats the squad is it!

Is it just me thats worried that we still havnt filled our problem positions during the summers transfer business? and it appears thats it all done.

Left Back, Left Mid, Right Mid, and a GK. I still want another Centre Mid to (Roman get it done)

Tiatto down the Left and Maybury down the right! with the rampaging NEJ backing up Tiatto on the Left

I think we are really gonna miss Joey (cant blame him for leaving when Levein was here) The players Kelly has bought in have made us a more solid squad but some key positions still need filling, no? What do people think

He's brought in a centre midfielder and a right winger, which we needed, and we have plenty of defenders. The only positions that worry me now are the left wing and in goal. I can't see Kelly getting in a left winger as he seems to be a fan of Tiatto.

I wonder whether Kelly isnt bothered about left back because he thinks Sheehan can fill it in the not to distant future. He might play Nils there for a bit, then try and bring Sheehan in gradually this season.

As for the left wing, i gues he will either play Tiatto there or stick Hughes out there again. Personally id go for Hughes over Danny, its not his best position, but hes better there than Tiatto. Still think we should bring someone in though really

RK has certain chosen men: Nils, Tiatto, Maybury and Hughes in my opinion. But at least the youngsters are getting some opportunity, for now anyway, and Sheehan's first team record since the start of last season is excellent.

But, when push comes to shove Kelly will resort to kind athough I do believe there might well be opportunities from the bench and I'm not sure that isn't the best policy with kids like Sheehan, Porter and maybe Dodds, though I fancy Dodds will go out on loan.

For me he's too lightweight to be a rottweiler and does not have enough creative/goalscoring effect. His stamina is his best asset. Individually I could put up with him but having four or five with limited attacking ability is simpy too much.

RK has certain chosen men: Nils, Tiatto, Maybury and Hughes in my opinion. But at least the youngsters are getting some opportunity, for now anyway, and Sheehan's first team record since the start of last season is excellent.

But, when push comes to shove Kelly will resort to kind athough I do believe there might well be opportunities from the bench and I'm not sure that isn't the best policy with kids like Sheehan, Porter and maybe Dodds, though I fancy Dodds will go out on loan.

when he played at the start of last season vs Sheff Weds at home he looked decent, i think the next time i saw him was against Crewe at home and he got sent off after about 55 mins?!!! how is it excellent, im not sure on his ressies performance or youth team games

Keeper need IMO

Twatto could return to the form of his early days without CL in charge...heres hoping!! If RK rates him, that'll do for me ...for now

Yep deffo a new keeper needed more than other posisitions.

Yep deffo a new keeper needed more than other posisitions.

We already have 3 keepers.

Henderson can do a job for us at this level and Douglas and Logan can give backup when needed.

We already have 3 keepers.

Henderson can do a job for us at this level and Douglas and Logan can give backup when needed.

Henderson - Good and if we don't sign a keeper definetly out number 1...I still don't have too much confidence in him though

Douglas - :whistle:

Logan - Good backup.

Logan to go out on loan for experience, bring a new keeper in, Douglas - Possibly flog to Levein when he finds a new job? :huh:

-Nah i'm making Douglas out to be worse than he is but I really don't have alot of confidence in him at all.

when he played at the start of last season vs Sheff Weds at home he looked decent, i think the next time i saw him was against Crewe at home and he got sent off after about 55 mins?!!! how is it excellent, im not sure on his ressies performance or youth team games

He played in the win over Blackpool in the Cup, the win over Wednesday at home, the draw against Crewe when we actually had a perfectly good goal disallowed, was substitute in the Cup win over Cardiff and now he's appeared in the wins over Boston and Macclesfield.

Furthermore in his substitute appearance against Bolton in the Cup he came on with Leicester losing and immediately contributed to Leicester's extra time goal and was so close to fashioning an equaliser for Dion Dublin.

Six games, four wins, one draw. In the first half of the season for the Reserves he was often prominent. His second half season was largely ruined by injury but I believe he also played a part in City winning the Westerby Cup. In might be a short record but there's other occasional City players who would love a record like that.

I should mention too that he looked way below his best when he returned from injury both in terms of his performance and his general demeanour but nothing I have mentioned matters now of course. What matters is how he responds to his opportunities with the first team now and how he reacts to the different circumstances in which he's placed.

Up to now I think RK is using his squad sensibly and in saying that I include his involving of young players like Sheehan and Porter carefully but effectively, hopefully impressing on them what he wants and building their confidence bit by bit.

He played in the win over Blackpool in the Cup, the win over Wednesday at home, the draw against Crewe when we actually had a perfectly good goal disallowed, was substitute in the Cup win over Cardiff and now he's appeared in the wins over Boston and Macclesfield.

Furthermore in his substitute appearance against Bolton in the Cup he came on with Leicester losing and immediately contributed to Leicester's extra time goal and was so close to fashioning an equaliser for Dion Dublin.

Six games, four wins, one draw. In the first half of the season for the Reserves he was often prominent. His second half season was largely ruined by injury but I believe he also played a part in City winning the Westerby Cup. In might be a short record but there's other occasional City players who would love a record like that.

I should mention too that he looked way below his best when he returned from injury both in terms of his performance and his general demeanour but nothing I have mentioned matters now of course. What matters is how he responds to his opportunities with the first team now and how he reacts to the different circumstances in which he's placed.

Up to now I think RK is using his squad sensibly and in saying that I include his involving of young players like Sheehan and Porter carefully but effectively, hopefully impressing on them what he wants and building their confidence bit by bit.

surely what kelly must do with sheehan is if and when he is given a start give the guy a run of games , say 5 or 6 and lets see what the kid can do , giving the lad half a game here and 10 minutes there is not going to improve him . stearman has come on leaps and bounds due to him getting a decent run of games under his belt .

wow thats my 3000 th post :cool:

i wasnt at last seasons blackpool cup game so i didnt know he played, was it elvis hammond who had t he close range goal disallowed vs crewe? i forgot about the bolton game, he did play the terrific crossfield pass to williams. ive not seen enough of him but what i have seen he is ok, i hope he makes a break through soon.

Archived