Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nationwider

Spanish Test Suits Williams

How can you say that after Joey's thundertbolts last season??

But i do agree that now Joey has gone, we need someone else.

Williams is a talented player, but he gets too lazy. If kelly can get the best out of him week in week out, then he could be really good again.

Gudjonsson was and still is massively overrated by most city fans. Needlessly gave away free kicks as often as he needlessly gave away the ball. Always a goal threat but sadly, didn't have anywhere near the full package. Expecting more from the lads this year, Johnson is a prudent acqusition, Williams will play well as in last year of contract, Weso will contribute providing he stays injury free. Tiatto will provide solace for all those who miss the bad parts of Joey (temperament, fouling, giving ball away, no positional sense) without the good points (goals).

LCFC World Link

I'm assuming it suits Williams as it's a non-competitive game against wholly irrelevant opposition, played at a snails pace in blazing hot conditions. As a friendly, it will involve him being substituted, guaranteeing he can go missing at some stage of the game. He will play like the bastard son of Michel Platini and (pre-season) Lilian Nalis and spray 60-yard passes around like confetti.

Just like he will on a Tuesday evening in February away at Burnley in the mud. :whistle:

.....in a 4-5-1 system where he must have known from the start we had no intention of attacking the game!.

I know where you're coming from and cannot make my mind up whether Williams is any good or not but that may be because I've so rarely seen him play in an attack-minded Leicester City side.

Sorry to be pedantic - but i'm very bored! But Joey's free kick against Stoke away wasn't direct as he had it laid off to him :P Sir Les was our last Regualr direct free kick scorer.

thats what i mean, except for that one vs Stoke (which i knew wasnt direct as Ryan Smith tapped it to him) nobody scored direct from a dead ball situation last season for us.

.....in a 4-5-1 system where he must have known from the start we had no intention of attacking the game!.

I know where you're coming from and cannot make my mind up whether Williams is any good or not but that may be because I've so rarely seen him play in an attack-minded Leicester City side.

That's fair enough. I've never been able to make up my mind whether or not his non-participation in certain games was due to him, or the tactics in general. I'm not anti- any LCFC player; I've just never seen him play well when I've watched him.

Generalising a bit, there (sadly) is very little room in most, if any, CCC teams for a luxury midfielder. Everyone has to roll their sleeves up to a certain extent. The only exception to this rule that I can recall would be Kinkladze who falls into the magician category - that doesn't describe Williams, despite his talents.

That's fair enough. I've never been able to make up my mind whether or not his non-participation in certain games was due to him, or the tactics in general. I'm not anti- any LCFC player; I've just never seen him play well when I've watched him.

Generalising a bit, there (sadly) is very little room in most, if any, CCC teams for a luxury midfielder. Everyone has to roll their sleeves up to a certain extent. The only exception to this rule that I can recall would be Kinkladze who falls into the magician category - that doesn't describe Williams, despite his talents.

And Lee Philpot, ;) I'll get my handbag, oooops don't mention that :P

Williams will have a good season for us, like he did in his last season at Forest. He'll then be off to someone who will pay him more than we can and he'll go through this routine again and again. But i'd take a great season from him if it meant him then leaving over him having a crap season and we retain him.

Archived