Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nationwider

Spanish Test Suits Williams

LCFC World Link

I'm assuming it suits Williams as it's a non-competitive game against wholly irrelevant opposition, played at a snails pace in blazing hot conditions. As a friendly, it will involve him being substituted, guaranteeing he can go missing at some stage of the game. He will play like the bastard son of Michel Platini and (pre-season) Lilian Nalis and spray 60-yard passes around like confetti.

Just like he will on a Tuesday evening in February away at Burnley in the mud. :whistle:

I hope his goal on friday will be the first of 4-5 this season direct from free kicks,an area where we have been sadly ineffective in recent years.If he can deliver consistant quality from corners as well it would make a hell of a difference to our prospects.

Let his football do the talking, we all know he is a class act, we just have to get off his back after he does something mildly wrong because it will clearly affect him. We only get on his back because we know what he can do.

Gareth Williams is a class player and will be a key to our success next season, now he is being given the chance (i.e. starting in the first 11 week in week out).

I hope his goal on friday will be the first of 4-5 this season direct from free kicks,an area where we have been sadly ineffective in recent years.If he can deliver consistant quality from corners as well it would make a hell of a difference to our prospects.

Let his football do the talking, we all know he is a class act, we just have to get off his back after he does something mildly wrong because it will clearly affect him. We only get on his back because we know what he can do.

Agreed, agreed and agreed! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Of course he'll play well -he's out of contract at the end of this year.

thats a good thing. he will be awesome next season because he needs to earn a new contract and leads us to promotion, the year after he has an absolute blinder because he is in the premiership and it suits his style of play, then we can flog him for 8 million. :whistle:

How can you say that after Joey's thundertbolts last season??

But i do agree that now Joey has gone, we need someone else.

Williams is a talented player, but he gets too lazy. If kelly can get the best out of him week in week out, then he could be really good again.

How can you say that after Joey's thundertbolts last season??

But i do agree that now Joey has gone, we need someone else.

Williams is a talented player, but he gets too lazy. If kelly can get the best out of him week in week out, then he could be really good again.

how many direct free kicks did Joey score last term?

one away at stoke instantly comes to mind?

Les Ferdinand scored a few when he was here, not so long ago.

As for Williams, I don't have much time for him. The last 2 seasons have been a major let down and although I will support him whenever he plays, I am not convinced he will perform any better this season. He has a bit of talent but it's outweighed by his lethargy and inconsistency.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I'm doubtful.

This may be a bit simplistic but for some reason I can't picture Williams whipping corners and free kicks in with pace, I just envisage lazy "cultured" lobs drifting onto the heads of various strapping centre-halves across the country this season if he's given the job. I don't think I've ever seen him do anything with any urgency.

This may be a bit simplistic but for some reason I can't picture Williams whipping corners and free kicks in with pace, I just envisage lazy "cultured" lobs drifting onto the heads of various strapping centre-halves across the country this season if he's given the job. I don't think I've ever seen him do anything with any urgency.

As I've said before the way he takes corners leads me to believe he should be good at golf, well at least ptiching it up from off the green straight down the hole. :thumbup:

I know this is a little off-topic but this had come from LCFC World and I was wondering if its worth it?

I am thinking of getting it for next season - is it any good? Anyone who has it?

Personally I think it's absolutely rubbish but it depends what you're after. If you want to pay money to hear Gareth Williams talk about how he's looking forward to playing a friendly match then by all means, get out the wallet and lay down your fivers.

Seems to me all the interviews are posted on the site a day or two after anyway and you can see all the goals on TV. I had it season before last because they did an offer where it was £20 for Football Manager (which I would have bought anyway), a Fosse Gold shirt (comedy value - handy dishcloth) and World (watched a bit of the reserves to see what all the fuss was about Sheehan).

Errrrrrrrr... where did that go?

how many direct free kicks did Joey score last term?

one away at stoke instantly comes to mind?

Sorry to be pedantic - but i'm very bored! But Joey's free kick against Stoke away wasn't direct as he had it laid off to him :P Sir Les was our last Regualr direct free kick scorer.

Sorry to be pedantic - but i'm very bored! But Joey's free kick against Stoke away wasn't direct as he had it laid off to him :P Sir Les was our last Regualr direct free kick scorer.

To be even more pedantic he actually laid it off to himself. Still not direct though so agreed on that score :thumbup:

To be even more pedantic he actually laid it off to himself. Still not direct though so agreed on that score :thumbup:

No he didn't :P (From memory!!!!) someone laid it off he was standing with his back to the wall as if he as going to move out of the way for someone to hit but he ran and turned then shot!!

No he didn't :P (From memory!!!!) someone laid it off he was standing with his back to the wall as if he as going to move out of the way for someone to hit but he ran and turned then shot!!

From memory (but I'm 99% certain) Joey was in the lay it off position standing over the ball. Another player had a run up at the ball but instead of Joey touching it off to them he dragged the ball back to himself (therefore taking out the man who was blocking the line of the supposed original shot) before lashing it in.

EAT ME BERTIE! :whistle::unsure:

From memory (but I'm 99% certain) Joey was in the lay it off position standing over the ball. Another player had a run up at the ball but instead of Joey touching it off to them he dragged the ball back to himself (therefore taking out the man who was blocking the line of the supposed original shot) before lashing it in.

EAT ME BERTIE! :whistle::unsure:

Yes sorry you're right Matt. :thumbup:

But surely your not allowed two touches of the ball? OR am i confused?

Yes sorry you're right Matt. :thumbup:

But surely your not allowed two touches of the ball? OR am i confused?

Dunno I guess you must be. I seem to remember Le Tissier doing something similar - he flicked the ball up to himself from a free kick and volleyed it in.

Archived