Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jimbers

Moving the Kop

The main problem with the lack of atmosphere is the lack of success on the pitch. We can keep complaining what a craphole the ground is because it's new and plastic but everyone was moaning for years what a Toilet Filbert St was and now its not there we want to go back. The atmosphere wasn't always that good. I've been to games when the ground was half empty and there was very little to get excited about. What about the First season at the Walkers the atmosphere was electric and we had full houses. OH i forgot we were winning most weeks, just like the Little and O'neill years at Filbert St.

If fans feel so strongly about this they should boycott games to ram home the message that there not happy about the atmosphere but then again that will achieve jacks**t because the club will make no money and get further into debt.

Alternatively the team needs to start playing more attractive football or start winning games on a more consistent basis. Then you'll get more bums on seats simple. Unlike some on this forum who think the Walkers is shit. I love it and i believe the good times will come back but when thats another question.

Great post - Very well said!! :thumbup:

Here we go again.... :doh:

A long time ago, the banter was good. There was a lot of spontaneity among the fans, it was funny.

Nowadays, we have the amazing "small town in <insert local rivals>" and "what's it like to shag yer mam" chants. Is it any wonder that some people want to sit at the other end of the stadium?

It's not just here, all clubs have a section who sing the same at us when we go away. No originality any more.

Agreed, but did that spontaneity among the fans grow because everyone who sang sat together next to the away fans? you could hear funny things shouted over ect. i think so..no?

A lot of stuff is shouted and sung in good humour, with a smirk and a smile that humour is missing people take things to seriously its political correctness gone mad i tell you!

I went in "the kop" (its not the kop!) once and then L1 ever since. Im fully behind the move the swap the kop and family end brigade 100%

Id make it unresearved seating for a season or two aswell but thats another issue :whistle:

A load of aggravation, cost and effort. If they dont want the job ill have it they can swap with me for a month.

What's in it for the fans?

Nothing really!! Oh yeah the Sun beating down on your face for 90 minutes so you can't see for the rest of the day!! :huh:

Nothing really!! Oh yeah the Sun beating down on your face for 90 minutes so you can't see for the rest of the day!! :huh:

Thats why burberry caps are so popular :ph34r:

theres loads in it for the fans L1 would become like the old East stand it would be a cracking atmosphere all together in the kop. And a load of spare change to pick up for the stewards in the away end when they do there security sweep after the game before they go home to there airfix models, everyone wins.

Agreed, but did that spontaneity among the fans grow because everyone who sang sat together next to the away fans? you could hear funny things shouted over ect. i think so..no?

A lot of stuff is shouted and sung in good humour, with a smirk and a smile that humour is missing people take things to seriously its political correctness gone mad i tell you!

Are you telling me "who let the frogs out" would never have happened had the Arsenal fans not been next to us? You do us a disservice.

We are there to support Leicester City. If we can take the piss out of the opposition, fine, but I would rather be taking the piss out of what is going on on the field, not out of the fattest person in the away end, or the person with the most ridiculous outfit. To me, that is not supporting the team.

Archived