Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brendan

Team Against Luton

.........................................Henderson

stearman................Kisnorbo................McCarthy..............Johansson

.........................Johnson.........Williams...............Hughes

.....................Hammond.............Fryatt...............Hume

i dont know why we dont play this because it is a very strong team

Because it has no width?

Cos those three at the front are about 3ft 6 and need people to pass it from the wing not over the top. :thumbup:

I think the team will be.

Henderson

Stearman

Paddy Mac

Kenton - more experience than Mcauley

Skills

Maybury

Williams

Johnson

Twatto

Fryatt

Hume

I think he'll go narrow and be hard to beat again, a point 1st game of the season away would be deemed a good result - that was horrible to say. That said, with no width, he'll play williams in the middle to try and get him playing those amazing through balls that he is capable of. Only trouble with this is we'll be very one dimensional and easy to defend against - much like we were at the end of last season. There won't be more than 2 goals in the game with my prediction of 1-1.

It could be a very long old season, I have absolutely no hopes whatsoever with no wingers in the side. only bout 2 senior wingers in the side, one being sylla black (no surprise there) and low who is unproven at this level.

do peope forget how bad Maybury was at Left Back last season and how that was one of Leveins biggest mistakes. Maybury played left to incorporate both him and Stearman. When Kelly took over one of his 1st moves was to move Maybury from left back to right wing where I feel he had reasonable success. Soon you'll be suggesting we move Kisnorbo back into midfield so we can play McCauley at Burnley

do peope forget how bad Maybury was at Left Back last season and how that was one of Leveins biggest mistakes. Maybury played left to incorporate both him and Stearman. When Kelly took over one of his 1st moves was to move Maybury from left back to right wing where I feel he had reasonable success. Soon you'll be suggesting we move Kisnorbo back into midfield so we can play McCauley at Burnley

agleed! :thumbup:

this WILL be the team

Hendo

Stearman

McAuleyPaddy Mac

Skills

Maybury

AJ

WilliamsTiatto

Hume

Fryatt

i know this because i am psychic

I think Kenton will play instead of mcAuley and hughes instead of Williams

:rolleyes:

Of course they do. Some of them forget anytime the Chosen Men have a bad un. :whistle:

he will never play 3 upfront i dont thnik definatley not on the opening day of the season,the objectove will be not to lose i think a gd start is vital for us this year!

he will never play 3 upfront i dont thnik definatley not on the opening day of the season,the objectove will be not to lose i think a gd start is vital for us this year!

i think you need to check your spelling before posting your message. also please no text talk.no offence though :thumbup:

i think you need to check your spelling before posting your message. also please no text talk.no offence though :thumbup:

In what way is not losing in the case of a draw a good start?

Straight away we'd be two points off the pace and that happened last year, except it was three points, and we never threatened to make those points up.

Also why does playing three up front somehow make us more likely to lose? Someone has got to mark those three players and in our case they are good players and not at all easy to mark.

England played 4-5-1 - how defensive is that? And they lost. They were always going to lose as I predicted time and again before the event, with reasons.

What you suggest is exactly akin to that - a form of surrender or more accurately of compromise before we start. Oh yes I know City would play 4-4-2 but Kelly's 4-4-2 would be basically involve six defenders.

There was enough of that sort of compromise last season. Four-five-one at Wolves, the dourest of displays at Cardiff, Burnley, Preston, Ipswich, Southampton, Reading, Crystal Palace etc. We won five out of 23 away games last season with that sort of negativity. And you want to try it again?.

Let's try to win the match, get three points on the board and let other teams worry about us for once.

We won five away games last season out of 23 and lost 12. Why would you want to repeat such an approach when the top six averaged around 10 away wins each?

And what is so special about the opening day of the season except it being an ideal opportunity to make a statement and catch our rivals cold.

In what way is not losing in the case of a draw a good start?

Straight away we'd be two points off the pace and that happened last year, except it was three points, and we never threatened to make those points up.

Also why does playing three up front somehow make us more likely to lose? Someone has got to mark those three players and in our case they are good players and not at all easy to mark.

England played 4-5-1 - how defensive is that? And they lost. They were always going to lose as I predicted time and again before the event, with reasons.

What you suggest is exactly akin to that - a form of surrender or more accurately of compromise before we start. Oh yes I know City would play 4-4-2 but Kelly's 4-4-2 would be basically involve six defenders.

There was enough of that sort of compromise last season. Four-five-one at Wolves, the dourest of displays at Cardiff, Burnley, Preston, Ipswich, Southampton, Reading, Crystal Palace etc. We won five out of 23 away games last season with that sort of negativity. And you want to try it again?.

Let's try to win the match, get three points on the board and let other teams worry about us for once.

We won five away games last season out of 23 and lost 12. Why would you want to repeat such an approach when the top six averaged around 10 away wins each?

And what is so special about the opening day of the season except it being an ideal opportunity to make a statement and catch our rivals cold.

Some good points, I don't entirely agree with Kelly's proposed starting line-up but if we fail to win games then he'll have to change it and if he doesn't then he'll eventually get the sack. We did only win 5 away games last season but we won 4 under Kelly out of about 8, which is a great return. If we win half of our away games next season then we'll blow this league apart.

Archived