Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

New Season and I'm Underwhelmed

As another thread says one day to go however as much as I try I can't help but feel underwhelmed, sure I'm looking forward to the start but only like a smoker looks forward to their next fag, it just feels like an addiction but one that is not giving me the pleasure it first did but I can't give it up.

The team below seems to be the most likely to start and I look at it and think, so what, so average. I'm not particularly complaining, I clearly recognise it's probably all we can afford and provides a safety, safety approach but I just get no particular excitement from it. I sincerely believe that with this team all we can achieve is mid-table, you can count on the fingers of one hand the number of really exciting games we have witnessed over the last 3 years, I see nothing that is happeming at the club changing that.

Does anyone else feel like this? Can anyone give me some real reasons to be excited?

Right I think I'll go back to bed and sulk :P

Henderson

Stearman

Kenton

McCarthey

Nils

Maybury

Williams

Johnson

Tiatto

Fryatt

Hume

As another thread says one day to go however as much as I try I can't help but feel underwhelmed, sure I'm looking forward to the start but only like a smoker looks forward to their next fag, it just feels like an addiction but one that is not giving me the pleasure it first did but I can't give it up.

The team below seems to be the most likely to start and I look at it and think, so what, so average. I'm not particularly complaining, I clearly recognise it's probably all we can afford and provides a safety, safety approach but I just get no particular excitement from it. I sincerely believe that with this team all we can achieve is mid-table, you can count on the fingers of one hand the number of really exciting games we have witnessed over the last 3 years, I see nothing that is happeming at the club changing that.

Does anyone else feel like this? Can anyone give me some real reasons to be excited?

Henderson

Stearman

Kenton

McCarthey

Nils

Maybury

Williams

Johnson

Tiatto

Fryatt

Hume

Oh come on you big galar!!

Why not go back to bed and ... :whistle::ph34r:

I'm optimistic in terms of I think we will do and play a lot better than we did last season, but I really don't think a top 6 finish is on the cards just yet. Probably a 10th - 12th finish I reckon, maybe evenjust at the top of the bottom half.

I'm optimistic in terms of I think we will do and play a lot better than we did last season, but I really don't think a top 6 finish is on the cards just yet. Probably a 10th - 12th finish I reckon, maybe evenjust at the top of the bottom half.

I am worried that we are NEVER going to be anything but a top 10 club now...

We Need CASH.... even if the players get better and gel more, we will HAVE to sell the family silver.... now Im feeling all sad again :cry:

Can anyone give me some real reasons to be excited?

Some of Buddy Holly, the working folly

Good golly Miss Molly and boats

Hammersmith Palais, the Bolshoi Ballet

Jump back in the alley add nanny goats

18-wheeler Scammels, Domineker camels

All other mammals plus equal votes

Seeing Piccadilly, Fanny Smith and Willy

Being rather silly, and porridge oats

A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it

You're welcome, we can spare it - yellow socks

Too short to be haughty, too nutty to be naughty

Going on 40 - no electric shocks

The juice of the carrot, the smile of the parrot

A little drop of claret - anything that rocks

Elvis and Scotty, days when I ain't spotty,

Sitting on the potty - curing small pox

Some of Buddy Holly, the working folly

Good golly Miss Molly and boats

Hammersmith Palais, the Bolshoi Ballet

Jump back in the alley add nanny goats

18-wheeler Scammels, Domineker camels

All other mammals plus equal votes

Seeing Piccadilly, Fanny Smith and Willy

Being rather silly, and porridge oats

A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it

You're welcome, we can spare it - yellow socks

Too short to be haughty, too nutty to be naughty

Going on 40 - no electric shocks

The juice of the carrot, the smile of the parrot

A little drop of claret - anything that rocks

Elvis and Scotty, days when I ain't spotty,

Sitting on the potty - curing small pox

NOW you are talking.... trevor!

Henderson

Stearman

Kenton

McCarthey

Nils

Maybury

Williams

Johnson

Tiatto

Fryatt

Hume

Fryatt, Hume and average dont mix! :P

They will be an explosive partnership this season, so you can get excited about that DavieG :)

Archived