Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Master Fox

It's clear to see Leicester will struggle this season

Rubbish. Position wise maybe but at least we're moving forward. Players such as Hume and Fryatt - potentially the future of the club would have never have got a look in under Mickey they would have been well behind the likes of Dublin and Scowcroft in the pecking order.

I dare say he would have snapped up Kevin Campbell this summer if he was still here.

Well at least someone would of got something on Stearmen and Mcarthys up and unders :D

i wouldnt mind if we had kevin campbell, could do a very good job at this level.

saying we are moving forward is very debateable.

True but at least we're moving forward in terms of trying to get some solidarity in the team rather than the usual high turnover of players under Mickey most of which were 30+

Ok so there's still a lot of work to be done and we're lacking quality in a number of areas but it's a start. Too many Leicester fans are massivley impatient for success and don't seem capable of grasping the idea that it's going to take a good 2-3 years to build a decent side again.

Indeed. How we miss those FOXES legends like Pressman, Makin, Gemmill and Blake... :cry:

Agreed, we have more 'potential', then the squad of MA's team, but that's all it is. What counts is what happens on that pitch and from the last peformance ......not much!!!!

This is a test for RK, he has my backing as he saved city from relegation but this is a new season the real work begins........

Indeed. How we miss those FOXES legends like Pressman, Makin, Gemmill and Blake... :cry:

Heaven knows it wasn't pefect then Ultra. But at least we were mid-table standard looking upward. The state of us now is bottom six (hopefully) and looking down. Furthermore, those plonkers you mentioned above are still better than the current bunch of over-rated excuses for footballers we have now.

Nonsense. In the last days of the Adams era we were little more than a pub team.

We were mid-table - but going backwards VERY quickly.

And lest we forget, it was also MA we have to thank for bringing Williams and Tiatto to our club.

I didn't like Adams regime and I don't like this regime either. But I wouldn't settle for Micky Adams just because of what we've had to suffer the past 2 seasons. I don't like to settle for second best, let's do what we do best. Berate the manager, he'll eventually go and then we can get another. I think we should try and set the record for the most managers and bottom half finishes in a decade. Have we been in the top half of this division in the past 2 years at any stage? I don't think we have.

whether or not we think city have a good team. compared to other teams. players for player, position for positon, is our team better than the likes of say plymouth or coventry or ipswich?

Plymouth and Ipswich, yes. Coventry, probably not. But that doesn't always mean much - Birmingham have probably the best team in the division but were lucky to scrape past Colchester who have probably the worst.

OK, we have all had a bit of a rant and rave but I think we should look at the next 2 games or so before we write off our season.

I solidly feel we actually do have the talent at Leicester, but I also heard Alan Hansen speak at a convention I was at. He said that the Liverpool squad which he was in that won the old Div 1 title was not as good as the previous season's squad, which won nothing. They just worked better as a team and worked damned hard too!

Let's just see if any of that surfaces in the next game or 2....

OK, we have all had a bit of a rant and rave but I think we should look at the next 2 games or so before we write off our season.

I solidly feel we actually do have the talent at Leicester, but I also heard Alan Hansen speak at a convention I was at. He said that the Liverpool squad which he was in that won the old Div 1 title was not as good as the previous season's squad, which won nothing. They just worked better as a team and worked damned hard too!

Let's just see if any of that surfaces in the next game or 2....

Well the main problem is they don't work as team. This was apparent against Luton on Saturday.

Nonsense. In the last days of the Adams era we were little more than a pub team.

We were mid-table - but going backwards VERY quickly.

And lest we forget, it was also MA we have to thank for bringing Williams and Tiatto to our club.

What does that make this era's team then?

As he's been dead eight years, probably not.

But Messrs Bloomfield (RIP), Milne and O'Neill might have cause to differ with you, as they all left the club in better shape than Gillies did!

Archived