Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Treacherous Lot

I can't believe what I've been hearing and reading tonight.

For God's sake it's only two matches, we're only six points off the League leadership and when we eventually score a goal they'll be no holding us.

We've even got the blue flags ready for some proper celebrations and if there hadn't been a mistake about which half to play the wingers we might even have won.

It was much better than Luton, no-one could deny that. Williams almost matched that shot he had at Kenilworth Road from the free-kick so that put us level so to speak, Fryatt almost pinched a goal at the kop end and then there was the one which went in and was disallowed.

Hammond had two goes, one on target and Jo Low almost collected a spectacular so no-one can really complain there was no improvement.

It was silly giving the ref the wrong starting line up - the one that was meant to hold the game once we'd stolen a lead rather than the one with the wingers - so it did look a bit daft taking the game to Burnley when it had basically been lost. But show some understanding. Everyone makes mistakes.

I'd also like to forget about Burnley's shot that cannoned off the bar when it seemed likely to break the net and the miracle of that goalmouth scramble we somehow survived..cos 3-0 at half-time would have been very harsh on a team who've barely had time to get over their holidays.

No I want to look at the positives. Nineteen thousand fans were taken for £20 or £30 which is not easy these days except for Gordon Brown. The flags looked nice and most folk would have wanted to be there for the tribute to Sep Smith, even if some did only want to check the ringtones on their mobile phones in an otherwise silent ground.

The only debate now should be whether to extend RK's contract as a vote of confidence and by how much. We know City can't be expected to score every week, we got one on April 22 so we've had our turn. And people should remember, it's only a game and someone has to lose.

So what the club's thinking of, I hear, is a three year deal to make sure that if our manager does get offered a job with Chelsea, Manchester United or even England he'll not be able to complain that Leicester left him short of readies.

Now City have had some shots the club will be perfectly justified of course in cancelling the open meeting planned for later this month in favour of a game of golf for the directors because its unlikely there'll be anything contentious to talk about.

One thing that would have been discussed that night was the goal of the month competition. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, that has been cancelled but the club will be having one. They just haven't decided which month the team's going to score the goal.

Anyway, all that leaves for me to do now is hand you over to Babylon who wants to offer three cheers to the club for their efforts so far this season and an extra cheer to the man who saved us from relegation, Rob Kelly....

Hip Hip, Hip Hic, Hic Hic....................................................... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I can't believe what I've been hearing and reading tonight.

For God's sake it's only two matches, we're only six points off the League leadership and when we eventually score a goal they'll be no holding us.

We've even got the blue flags ready for some proper celebrations and if there hadn't been a mistake about which half to play the wingers we might even have won.

It was much better than Luton, no-one could deny that. Williams almost matched that shot he had at Kenilworth Road from the free-kick so that put us level so to speak, Fryatt almost pinched a goal at the kop end and then there was the one which went in and was disallowed.

Hammond had two goes, one on target and Jo Low almost collected a spectacular so no-one can really complain there was no improvement.

It was silly giving the ref the wrong starting line up - the one that was meant to hold the game once we'd stolen a lead rather than the one with the wingers - so it did look a bit daft taking the game to Burnley when it had basically been lost. But show some understanding. Everyone makes mistakes.

I'd also like to forget about Burnley's shot that cannoned off the bar when it seemed likely to break the net and the miracle of that goalmouth scramble we somehow survived..cos 3-0 at half-time would have been very harsh on a team who've barely had time to get over their holidays.

No I want to look at the positives. Nineteen thousand fans were taken for £20 or £30 which is not easy these days except for Gordon Brown. The flags looked nice and most folk would have wanted to be there for the tribute to Sep Smith, even if some did only want to check the ringtones on their mobile phones in an otherwise silent ground.

The only debate now should be whether to extend RK's contract as a vote of confidence and by how much. We know City can't be expected to score every week, we got one on April 22 so we've had our turn. And people should remember, it's only a game and someone has to lose.

So what the club's thinking of, I hear, is a three year deal to make sure that if our manager does get offered a job with Chelsea, Manchester United or even England he'll not be able to complain that Leicester left him short of readies.

Now City have had some shots the club will be perfectly justified of course in cancelling the open meeting planned for later this month in favour of a game of golf for the directors because its unlikely there'll be anything contentious to talk about.

One thing that would have been discussed that night was the goal of the month competition. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, that has been cancelled but the club will be having one. They just haven't decided which month the team's going to score the goal.

Anyway, all that leaves for me to do now is hand you over to Babylon who wants to offer three cheers to the club for their efforts so far this season and an extra cheer to the man who saved us from relegation, Rob Kelly....

Hip Hip, Hip Hic, Hic Hic....................................................... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Crawl back under you stone you've been on Josh Low's case since he got here, and Hammond should of scored, and didn't....again.

566 words and no mention of Porter or Sheehan.

That must be a record... :o

And you must be ever so proud of the contribution of your latest pin-up Tiatto, even if he is a little old for your usual tastes...

I thought you were sodding off to Hinkley? Did you get all of this info from the radio then, basing your sound (and wordy) opinions on someone elses interpretation of the game? Solid.

Me? I actually watched the game and saw a huge amount of effort...but hey, you don't want to hear anything positive so I'll not bother telling you about the good bits of the game.

Enjoy your misery. I'm raising a glass and supporting my team.

And you must be ever so proud of the contribution of your latest pin-up Tiatto, even if he is a little old for your usual tastes...

I hoped you wouldn't mention Tiatto. In fact it's a bit under the belt seeing I thought we were trying to get on :whistle::whistle:

But never let it be sent I'm not willing to admit to a mistake and change my opinion.

In minor self defence I did say we should never have re-signed him but, left-sided or not, a minder for Sheehan or not I would now like to ask everyone's forgiveness.

I don't actually know what came over me. I mentioned last year that we hadn't won a game he'd started. Well if he gets through this season too that would surely be a record. I think I honestly wanted to give the bloke a chance, to show that, like Kisnorbo, a guy could have a new start.

It's not like me and I'll try not to show such weakness again.

Can the club now officially say they have NO left sided attackers?

Now, now. don't YOU start going down that route. Especially being a Muslim! It's not bloody safe. :whistle::whistle:

Crawl back under you stone you've been on Josh Low's case since he got here, and Hammond should of scored, and didn't....again.

First shot was a cracking effort from a half chance. Second was just desperation. Criminal he was only on 15 minutes.

I hoped you wouldn't mention Tiatto. In fact it's a bit under the belt seeing I thought we were trying to get on :whistle::whistle:

But never let it be sent I'm not willing to admit to a mistake and change my opinion.

In minor self defence I did say we should never have re-signed him but, left-sided or not, a minder for Sheehan or not I would now like to ask everyone's forgiveness.

I don't actually know what came over me. I mentioned last year that we hadn't won a game he'd started. Well if he gets through this season too that would surely be a record. I think I honestly wanted to give the bloke a chance, to show that, like Kisnorbo, a guy could have a new start.

It's not like me and I'll try not to show such weakness again.

Can the club now officially say they have NO left sided attackers?

Porter :ph34r::ph34r:

Now, now. don't YOU start going down that route. Especially being a Muslim! It's not bloody safe. :whistle::whistle:

First shot was a cracking effort from a half chance. Second was just desperation. Criminal he was only on 15 minutes.

What the one Jensen saved??? fock off he should of burried it. Second one found row Z.

What the one Jensen saved??? fock off he should of burried it. Second one found row Z.

I was literally right in line of that shot near the front and trust me it was a good effort, he did well to get in an accurate powerful shot, however the keeper saw ity all the way and was always going to save it.

Porter :ph34r::ph34r:

Don't be ridiculous. He's only a kid and he's only five foot 4. You saw what Tiatto was like and he's only small too. They're just not tough enough for the hussle and bussle of championship football.

Yes I know Porter can run and turn and control the ball and pass ever so cleverly but that's another problem - wioth all that footbally stuff he just won't fit into the Leicester set up because no-one else does that, do they.

He'll be like a leprachaun without a family.

What about Logan? He's the right size. He won't get shoved around and he hasn't half got a whack on him. A sort of Alan Hinton with attitude. Go on my son.... :whistle:

I thought you were sodding off to Hinkley? Did you get all of this info from the radio then, basing your sound (and wordy) opinions on someone elses interpretation of the game? Solid.

Me? I actually watched the game and saw a huge amount of effort...but hey, you don't want to hear anything positive so I'll not bother telling you about the good bits of the game.

Enjoy your misery. I'm raising a glass and supporting my team.

Ah but the truth is I paid my money and watched, same as you. Fit of conscience and Hinckley weren't playing tonight. Best thing about it was the band outside.

So I get singled out? I suggest you read back what I have written (you can search for all my last posts) You will see that I have agreed (in part) with what you have been saying. In fact i'll start you off http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...18898&st=40

What I have said is that you take things to the extreme and that your posts are carbon copies of each other. Rather boring and tedious in fact, in fact i'm pleased in a way about this post as it's rather original.

Thracian posting guidlines:

1) Moan about the current manager and call for for his head after the first game of each season.

2) Moan about the defensive tactics

3) Mention how your teams would play much better

4) Mention Bill Shankly

5) Call for Sheehan to play

6) Call for Porter to play

7) Call for Chris O'Grady to play at centre back.

Actually maybe not number 7, that was only mentioned twice.

If we had all listened to you and got rid of Kelly after his first game against Southampton we'd probably be in a different league by now!! You're also so fickle it's amazing... i've never seen someones opinions flip flop about so much. I'm starting to think you just like people to react to you.

Thracians Flip Flop opinions...

"a) Our integrity matters. We've just given Rob Kelly a contract and he deserves his chance to make his mark.

b) We couldn't afford MON anyway.

c) There is no evidence MON would manage our players better than Kelly and there's no serious money to change the situation in any drastic manner.

d) Kelly might yet be our most successful manager ever. He certainly started off far better than MON did when he was here and the considerable achievement of avoiding relegation earned Kelly the right to an opportunity which shouldn't be denied him for anyone."

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...20387&st=80

So I get singled out? I suggest you read back what I have written (you can search for all my last posts) You will see that I have agreed (in part) with what you have been saying. In fact i'll start you off http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...18898&st=40

What I have said is that you take things to the extreme and that your posts are carbon copies of each other. Rather boring and tedious in fact, in fact i'm pleased in a way about this post as it's rather original.

Thracian posting guidlines:

1) Moan about the current manager and call for for his head after the first game of each season.

2) Moan about the defensive tactics

3) Mention how your teams would play much better

4) Mention Bill Shankly

5) Call for Sheehan to play

6) Call for Porter to play

7) Call for Chris O'Grady to play at centre back.

Actually maybe not number 7, that was only mentioned twice.

If we had all listened to you and got rid of Kelly after his first game against Southampton we'd probably be in a different league by now!! You're also so fickle it's amazing... i've never seen someones opinions flip flop about so much. I'm starting to think you just like people to react to you.

Thracians Flip Flop opinions...

"a) Our integrity matters. We've just given Rob Kelly a contract and he deserves his chance to make his mark.

b) We couldn't afford MON anyway.

c) There is no evidence MON would manage our players better than Kelly and there's no serious money to change the situation in any drastic manner.

d) Kelly might yet be our most successful manager ever. He certainly started off far better than MON did when he was here and the considerable achievement of avoiding relegation earned Kelly the right to an opportunity which shouldn't be denied him for anyone."

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...20387&st=80

I thought you would take my post in the light-hearted way it was meant and the criticism of Kelly in his first game (though absolutely accurate and, sadly, a sign of things to come as it turned out) was followed by considerable praise when due - though regrettably never for his attacking ideas.

Kelly did deserve a chance to make his mark. And what we've got now is Levein Mark 11 and that's not my words but the view of fans around me last night, though I agree.

There was, indeed no evidence at the time of writing that MON would manage our players better than Kelly but after the Ryan Smith episode and considering the misguided team selections recently I believe the evidence is becoming compelling and thought last night of what MON would have done to our lot. It would have been embarrasssing. They'd have been blitzkreiged by MON's big men.

Kelly might indeed, just might I say, have turned out our best manager with his start last season and it was an achievement avoiding relegation. But events since suggest that, although entitled to his chance, he is too defensive and lacking in vision. To date he's the opposite of MON...brilliant start, awful follow up. And far to slow too slow to move forward.

Archived