Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ultra

TEAM v. IPSWICH

The manager showed loyalty to his players last night. And look how they repaid him, and us!

They have been over-indulged for far too long. Time to make the changes that should have been made after Saturday's fiasco.

This is what I'd go for.

Henderson

Kenton

McCarthy

Kisnorbo

Johansson

Low

Johnson

Hughes

O'Grady

Hume

Fryatt

It's not fair to put the youngsters into a pressure situation which isn't of their making. As we found last season, giving them a run may actually do them and the team more harm than good. Wesolowski is the exception rather than the rule. He can't come back soon enough!

Too many players need to rediscover the art of passing. That should be the priority on the training ground.

They also need a motivator in the dressing room. Kelly on his own certainly hasn't inspired them.

This is what I'd go for.

Henderson

Kenton

McCarthy

Kisnorbo

Johansson

Low

Johnson

Hughes

O'Grady

Hume

Fryatt

I'd give Stearman one more game and leave Kenton where he was today, cos he looked MUCH MUCH more assured than Nils did against Luton. Good call on starting Low out wide though.. Reckon we should start Elvis as well, cos he's got pace and looked v. impressive pre-season, Fryatt and Hume haven't been performing and neither are particularly quick

Henderson;

Stearman, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Kenton;

Maybury, McAuley, Nils, Tiatto;

Hughes, Johnson.

Subs: One large Winnebago Motor Home, One JCB Digger, Two Brickies, Sections from Becher's Brook.

That should stop the bastards scoring!

--------------------hendo

-------stearman macarthy johanson

maybury-----kenton johnson-----tiatto

---------------------hume

------------hammond fryatt

were having trouble keeping a clean sheet, might aswell play 6 defenders.

were having trouble scoring, might aswell play 3 strikers.

The biggest problem we have is creating chances imo, which is mainly down to the fact that we started the game with 6 defenders. We should start the Ipswich game with the side that ended the game tonight.

I wouldn't mind O'grady being given a chance either replacing him for hume, or even playing him left mid instead of Elvis.

We should start the Ipswich game with the side that ended the game tonight.

I wouldn't mind O'grady being given a chance either replacing him for hume, or even playing him left mid instead of Elvis.

Hpw about play COG wide left and play Elvis up front with Matty Fryatt?? IMO that would be a much stronger attacking side and we wouldn't have to care as much about our defensive frailties, cos we'd be spending a lot more time in the opposition half

Hpw about play COG wide left and play Elvis up front with Matty Fryatt?? IMO that would be a much stronger attacking side and we wouldn't have to care as much about our defensive frailties, cos we'd be spending a lot more time in the opposition half

Could work - O'Grady has certainly demonstrated strength playing the mid to forward role

Could work - O'Grady has certainly demonstrated strength playing the mid to forward role

Well he'd do a better job than Tiatto anyway.. he showed that when he came on against Luton, cos he was able to hold the ball up and attempt to create opportunities for the strikers

We need to get a bit of structure in the midfield. Low should be given a start on the right, Hughes on the left, Johnson and Williams/Wesolowski (depending on which one's fit first) in the middle. Hughes may not be a natural wide man but he's a midfielder who holds his position and has the ability to pass a ball. Nothing fancy, he didn't look great tonight when he came on, but will provide the midfield with a solid shape.

Josh Low should definitely start on saturday. he looked really promising, getting into good positions and delivering a decent ball.

Drop Stearman and put Maybury RB with Low RM. Williams and Hughes in the middle, as Johnson did nothing all game, just watched and then got booked at some stage. keep the other back 3 (Kenton, Kisnorbo, McCarthy) and keep the strikers.

i just want to see a goal!

Josh Low should definitely start on saturday. he looked really promising, getting into good positions and delivering a decent ball.

Drop Stearman and put Maybury RB with Low RM. Williams and Hughes in the middle, as Johnson did nothing all game, just watched and then got booked at some stage. keep the other back 3 (Kenton, Kisnorbo, McCarthy) and keep the strikers.

i just want to see a goal!

Fair enough that Maybury has proven himself pretty poor at RM, but what specifically do you reckon he could bring to RB that Stearman can't? Perhaps using Maybury as a sub for the position (RB)?

I'd go for

Douglas (if fit)

Maybury - McCauley - Kisnorbo - Kenton

Low - Hume - Wesolowski - Hughes

O'Grady - Fryatt

Then I'd be spared the terror of Hendo coming for crosses, and not have to watch his, Stearman's and McCarthy's useless punts upfield.

I'd go for

Douglas (if fit)

Maybury - McCauley - Kisnorbo - Kenton

Low - Hume - Wesolowski - Hughes

O'Grady - Fryatt

Then I'd be spared the terror of Hendo coming for crosses, and not have to watch his, Stearman's and McCarthy's useless punts upfield.

As far as I'm aware, Wesolowski's still unfit.

Seeveral people around me were saying that last night.

Whatever, I couldn't believe the stupidity and futility of it all.

Kelly should condition this weeks training to not allow the ball above knee height.

And it would be nice if the strikers got some support. Poor sods will be worn out before Autumn arrives.

I'm not saying that i want him there, just might as well be there if thats what we are going to do!

team should be

------------henderson

stearman, mccarthy, kisnorbo, kenton

--------------johnson

-------low, williams, hughes

-------------O'Grady

--------------------Fryatt

We need some power up front and OG deserves a go...i also think that midfield is our problem area and we should perhaps start with 5 in there. We've not been solid in midfield for years and teams pass through us with alarming ease. I think we shouldve gone for Chris Birchall who Cov got from Port Vale. He showed in teh World Cup he has a great engine, would be tougher than hughes and williams, quicker than johnson and gets up and down better than all 3.

Anyway i think its times like these you need to pack the midfield and put someone up front you can hit (to hold it up)

Seeveral people around me were saying that last night.

Whatever, I couldn't believe the stupidity and futility of it all.

Kelly should condition this weeks training to not allow the ball above knee height.

And it would be nice if the strikers got some support. Poor sods will be worn out before Autumn arrives.

good idea!! id give it 5 mins before someone panics and hoofs it.

Archived