Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ultra

TEAM v. IPSWICH

Logan

Alan Maybury

Patrick Kisnorbo

Patrick McCarthy

Alan Sheehan

Darren Kenton

Jay Smedley

Danny Tiatto

Nils-Eric Johansson

Gareth McAuley

Richard Stearman

4-4-2. ;):thumbup:

Could Play

-----------------Douglas----------------

Maybury-McCauley-Mcarthey-Kenton

Low----Hume----Wesolowski---Sylla

-----------De Vries-Fryatt-------------

Bench - Henderson, Kisnorbo, Williams, Dodds, Hammond

hmmm... biggest problems with that is probably Douglas (useless) and Sylla out of position (he finds it hard enougth in position :pinch: ), Hume in central mid-field and Kisnorbo not in the staring line-up... our problem is mid-field, its that simple, dump Tiatto and play Maybury as a full-back (if you want to not chose one of Sheehan, Stearman or Kenton) and bring in players who can play on the wings, Porter, Low, Hughes, Hammond even Sylla... just hope RK has the balls to sort it out <_<

Henderson

Stearman -- McCarthy -- Kisnorbo -- Kenton

Low -- Williams -- Weso (if fit) -- Porter

Hume -- Fryatt

Not quite my own choice but much more balanced than what we've got now.

I wanted Sheehan for his defence/attack link, Hughes for his energy and reliability (instead of Williams) and O'Grady because he's better at holding the ball and drifting wide than Hume. Also because he works so well with Porter.

But all that's just tinkering. The basics of what we need are all there in that side and if you count it up there's seven or 7.5 potential attackers, as we should have had from the start. And they can mostly pass the ball properly.

Its got to be;

--------------------Henderson------------------

Stearman---McCarthy----Kisnorbo---Kenton

Low------Johnson------Williams-------???????

------------Fryatt--------Hume-----------------

I really dont know who to play left wing...

I really dont want to play Tiatto, so the only other option is Porter I guess but I'm not sure starting him is right or not.....

Its got to be;

--------------------Henderson------------------

Stearman---McCarthy----Kisnorbo---Kenton

Low------Johnson------Williams-------???????

------------Fryatt--------Hume-----------------

I really dont know who to play left wing...

I really dont want to play Tiatto, so the only other option is Porter I guess but I'm not sure starting him is right or not.....

O'Grady? Could actually get the ball to Hume.

i'd like the team to look like this though

---------------Henderson------------

------Mcauley---mccarthy---kisnorbo-----

Lowe---------------------------------Kenton

-------------Williams----Johnson------------

------------------Hume-----------------------

-----------O Grady-----Fryatt

Everyone seems to think that by picking more "attacking" players it will somehow improve everything overnight. I have a nasty feeling that, whilst it may turn out to be more pleasing on the eye, all City will end up doing is ship more goals in trying to create extra chances for themselves. All the great, or even mildly successful sides, are/were built from the back. Leicester's defenders and midfielders are simply not good enough to take games to the opposition with ability alone. Kelly is right, in my opinion, to try and get that part of the game right even though he's failing at the moment.

Henderson

Stearman-McCarthy-Kisnorbo-Kenton

Williams---Johnson---Hughes

Hume----O'Grady----Fryatt

But I don't know it we would have enough width, maybe play Low instead of Williams and Hughes has played on the left anyway. Or we could play 442 with Low and...Porter? on the wings.

Neither Maybury or Tiatto run at players and support the front two, notice how they always had to look to play it backwards?

I really think we need to sign either a left winger or a proper attacking midfielder.

Everyone seems to think that by picking more "attacking" players it will somehow improve everything overnight. I have a nasty feeling that, whilst it may turn out to be more pleasing on the eye, all City will end up doing is ship more goals in trying to create extra chances for themselves. All the great, or even mildly successful sides, are/were built from the back. Leicester's defenders and midfielders are simply not good enough to take games to the opposition with ability alone. Kelly is right, in my opinion, to try and get that part of the game right even though he's failing at the moment.

God help us then. Because with the players he's got it won't work. Look at our squad. Collectively it's a bunch of pygmies.

Can you imagine what Heskey, Marshall, Walsh and Elliott would do to that lot in the air?

We can only play with what we've got, which isn't much as far as senior players are concerned. We have to change the emphasis and there's a few teams being posted now which will do just that.

I implored that the work be done at the end of last season and in the close season. We really could have developed a properly balanced strategy to suit our personnel. But we didn't.

Now, it is no use tinkering with something that canot be mended, only bodged. We have to change the emphasis and the players are quite possibly there to do that wih a modicum of success. What's not there is the will to take a risk that'll have to be taken sometime anyway.

Simply retaining the present stategy and tuning it this way and that will only waste time and magnify the problem.

We've always conceded over a goal a game, even when winning and playing well. Now we concede 1.5 a game. We MUST start scoring goals in more than one's.

Henderson

McCarthy Kisnorbo Kenton

Sylla Johnson Williams Low

Hume

Fryatt O'Grady

we'r not likely to be attack minded playing Maybury and Tiatto in midfield as they are both defenders. To do well in this division you need to score goals and lots of them, so rather than play with 6 defenders, play with 3 then that way we have no other real option but to attack and if the opposition score 1 or 2 we need to be set out to score 3 or 4

----------------Hume Fryatt

JLo Hughes Williams Hammond/O' Grady

---------------- Johnson

----- Kisnorbo McCarthy Stearman/Kenton

-----------------Henderson

I think summat like that might help us to score some goals. Or revert to 4-4-2 and take off Johnson playing stearman and kenton in the defence together...I think at least one new academy player should be tried in a midfield position to give the rest of the first team a kick up the backsides. They've been resting on their laurels since the last part of last season seeming like they were just turning up to make up the numbers. There is no point having competition for places if the competition is never exercised!

---------------------Henderson---------------------

Stearman-----McCarthy----Kisnorbo-----Kenton

Low-----------Williams-------Hughes-----Porter (?)

----------------Hume----------Fryatt----------------

- Stearman isnt having a good start to the season at all, however he retains his place as he must come good soon and Maybury cant offer much more.

- Low gains a starting place after a good 'natural-winger' performance in the second half against Burnley and thus Marbury is definetly not the

answer on the wide right.

- Porter on the left as he is a winger and (as I've heard) is very fast and might do well for us on the left, however this is the only position I am very unsure about and should be treated as a serious problem which should be sorted out soon.

- Hughes also gains a starting place after a lack-luster display from Andy Johnson against Burnley and to prove to him that his place is not secure and he also has competition.

- Kenton retains his place at left back after a second good display this time against Burnley.

Even Porter's number one fan says he shouldn't play on the wing.

Hughes and Williams in the middle together in a 4-4-2 is a proven shitfest.

I can't remember ever seeing them together in the midfield.

JOey was there all season and Hughes played most of his game on the wing

Archived