Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Open Meeting

A good idea, if I could pay monthly (at no extra cost) I would definitely consider buying a season ticket!!! :thumbup:

Surely SOME kind of credit charge...a la Insurance companies and because other wise they wont see the benefit... ;)

I was at the open meeting.

Although the attendance was not the best (fewer than 40 FOXES present :o:( ), a useful dialogue took place between our Chief Executive and members of the audience.

It appears that, unlike last season, we are NOT under pressure to sell any of the leading members of the first-team squad before the end of August. Although bids have been received for certain players (whose names were not divulged at the meeting), the club have turned them down.

The issue of Jo Bucci's departure was raised, but TD gave few details, other than stating it was her decision, and the questioners declined to pursue the matter further.

The groundshare issue was also discussed, with many of those present feeling it offered us the best chance of a return to the Premiership (it didn't do Reading and Watford any harm last season, did it?). This prompted an impassioned plea from the back of the meeting that such a move would "compromise the integrity of the club". However, TD acknowledged that the idea remained dormant in the absence of interest from the Tigers.

Henry Shipley (of Post Horn Gallop infamy) and a number of his acolytes suggested that a band could be invited to play at home games, and he would supply this for free. Several folk seemed keen on this and even suggested it should be based in blocks F1 or F2. Let's hope the club put that idea out for consultation before rushing into it.

There then followed a long and animated discussion over whether the squad was stronger than the one that finished last season, and whether the perceived lack of investment in new players had contributed to the drop in gates. Although some fans felt more could be done to attract investment, the majority felt that TD and the board were doing the best they could in the circumstances. The consensus was that the present management and squad were capable of securing promotion, though not necessarily this season.

I pointed out that our home record during the past THREE seasons had been dire and so it was no surprise that crowds were falling, especially as the indication from the Burnley game had been that more of the same was to follow. However, a run of wins and performances at the Way such as that seen on Saturday would assist in persuading some to return.

If anyone else can think of any other significant points that I've missed out, please feel free to add them.

I was the guy in the blue in england jersey who were you ULTRA? :blink:

So it would be 300 divided by whatever months I dont know if you pay from march to december but the gist was that something like that.... someone else help me out who went!!

I can't imagine it would be for no additional cost, for a start it would be more costly to administer than a 'normal' season ticket, secondly if this was an option open to all, at no additional cost why on earth would anyone buy a season ticket paying the whole lot up front.

That being the case it would be totally counter productive for the club as they need the vast majority of season tickets to be paid up front.

So there's bound to be at the very least an admin cost plus maybe a bit more to ensure it's still 'worthwhile' paying for a season ticket in full in advance, but sufficiently low to make it better than paying on a match by match basis.

Surely SOME kind of credit charge...a la Insurance companies and because other wise they wont see the benefit... ;)

The benefit my dear Jankers, would be more sales!!!

They would attract the likes of myself who have other financial commitments to pay the lump sum, and loath top pay extra ( % apr) on top of the price for a monthly amount!!! :thumbup:

I understand DavieG's point, I can't see it happening as why would anyone then pay upfront without some incentive. Maybe if they offered those that paid upfront, discounted match day tickets for there friends\family etc, anyway I leave it to LCFC to sort it out!!!

The benefit my dear Jankers, would be more sales!!!

They would attract the likes of myself who have other financial commitments to pay the lump sum, and loath top pay extra ( % apr) on top of the price for a monthly amount!!! :thumbup:

wont appen! :whistle:

I can't imagine it would be for no additional cost, for a start it would be more costly to administer than a 'normal' season ticket, secondly if this was an option open to all, at no additional cost why on earth would anyone buy a season ticket paying the whole lot up front.

That being the case it would be totally counter productive for the club as they need the vast majority of season tickets to be paid up front.

So there's bound to be at the very least an admin cost plus maybe a bit more to ensure it's still 'worthwhile' paying for a season ticket in full in advance, but sufficiently low to make it better than paying on a match by match basis.

I dont know about the admin cost, and the idea is based on what norwich does apparently, they are looking into it, its not sign sealed or delivered ...

David did you go? to the meeting

I dont know about the admin cost, and the idea is based on what norwich does apparently, they are looking into it, its not sign sealed or delivered ...

can only find this

Integrated modules - Season ticket buy backs

''Season Ticket Buy-backs works for everyone: Season Ticket Holders who can't attend the match get something back, the club has the opportunity to earn extra revenue, and more casual supporters have the opportunity to buy a ticket. We are working towards 100% actual attendance on home matches. This scheme gives us the chance of maximising attendance and income."

Danny Casey, Ticket Office Manager, Norwich City FC

Empty seats even though it is a sell-out match?

Season ticket buy backs are a great source of extra cash for your club. With TALENT Sport, you can manage the buy-back process quickly and easily.

At Norwich City FC, season ticket holders who know in advance that they will not be able to attend a home match let the club know that they want to sell it back. If the club is able to sell the ticket on to another fan at full cost, they give the season ticket holder a part-refund for the ticket.

Key features

Allocates seats automatically

Configurable refund amount

Secure credit card processing

Key benefits

Happy season ticket holders - full or part refund

Happy fans - more tickets available for popular matches

Happy share holders - extra ticket revenue for the club

No, mainly because my hearing is somewhat knackered and I can't hear when there's more than 3/4 people involved, keeps the rounds cheap though :P , otherwise I would be more than interested.

can only find this

Integrated modules - Season ticket buy backs

''Season Ticket Buy-backs works for everyone: Season Ticket Holders who can't attend the match get something back, the club has the opportunity to earn extra revenue, and more casual supporters have the opportunity to buy a ticket. We are working towards 100% actual attendance on home matches. This scheme gives us the chance of maximising attendance and income."

Danny Casey, Ticket Office Manager, Norwich City FC

Empty seats even though it is a sell-out match?

Season ticket buy backs are a great source of extra cash for your club. With TALENT Sport, you can manage the buy-back process quickly and easily.

At Norwich City FC, season ticket holders who know in advance that they will not be able to attend a home match let the club know that they want to sell it back. If the club is able to sell the ticket on to another fan at full cost, they give the season ticket holder a part-refund for the ticket.

Key features

Allocates seats automatically

Configurable refund amount

Secure credit card processing

Key benefits

Happy season ticket holders - full or part refund

Happy fans - more tickets available for popular matches

Happy share holders - extra ticket revenue for the club

That sounds like a good idea, my only concern would be could it be managed properly, when you hear of double bookings for seats etc.

Also with our empty ground, unless the 'new purchaser' is getting a discount I can't see the benefit to them.

That sounds like a good idea, my only concern would be could it be managed properly, when you hear of double bookings for seats etc.

Also with our empty ground, unless the 'new purchaser' is getting a discount I can't see the benefit to them.

from what I can tell it was to help their OVERBOOKING problem... not really an issue "chez nous"! :whistle:

So it would be 300 divided by whatever months say 10 equalls 30 per month!!! ............I dont know if you pay from march to december but the gist was that something like that.... someone else help me out who went!!

April to December.

The club seemed keen, although they didn't know what interest (if any) is charged by Norwich.

But it obviously works for them as they have more season-ticket holders than anyone else in this league!

April to December.

The club seemed keen, although they didn't know what interest (if any) is charged by Norwich.

But it obviously works for them as they have more season-ticket holders than anyone else in this league!

The only reason why I havent got a season ticket this season is because I cant afford it and I wasnt in a position to take up the 3 monthly payments thing before the season started. I would be more than a little interested in this if it got off the ground.

So just give up?

Good thing we don't have that attitude & keep plugging away when they don't listen.

However they do listen, as an example the reduced match prices for over 8's - U16's was a recommendation we made which has been done

Could you explain to me what it is about LCFC plc that you love so much?

The installment plan for Season tickets is a good idea. You should expect to pay a premium for it though. I wold say an admin charge of say 10% would make it worthwhile. Any less and you would be removing the incentive to buy it in advance.

Might sound high, but if you converted 1000 season tickets from advance to installment payments, you are taking away say £330k of cash, which over 10 months could cost the club something like 30k in interest payments, assuming they have debt @ 10% which they would be able to offset this against.

So you would need to cover this as a minimum. If you assume that you get extra STH's from the offer you could offset that, plus admin fees etc. I reckon overall 10% charge would cover it, assuming you don't have a ton of Systems wok to do to make it possible.

RE: ST Payment plan.

The Norwich model operates on a ten month plan. City are looking at extending it to over 12 months, and this would be prepayment, ie. if you started paying now, you would get a ST for next season, not this one. Seeing as it's something they've only just mentioned publically, I can't see it getting off the ground in time for next, unless they follow Norwich's example.

Please be aware that this could be an ideal way of sneaking an increase, based on the premise that noone would miss an extra £1 a month. Whilst I would be prepared to pay an extra £12 a season if this helped the squad and improved our position, I am in the lucky position to be able to afford to do this. If you're paying for two adults and two kids, you might not like it, or you may not like the principle of what is involved.

Having said that, I do think it's worth a go. Health club memberships, contact lens schemes etc all handled this way and I don't see why it couldn't work here (although knowing our club.....)

The Norwich model operates on a ten month plan. City are looking at extending it to over 12 months, and this would be prepayment, ie. if you started paying now, you would get a ST for next season, not this one. Seeing as it's something they've only just mentioned publically, I can't see it getting off the ground in time for next, unless they follow Norwich's example.

Please be aware that this could be an ideal way of sneaking an increase, based on the premise that noone would miss an extra £1 a month. Whilst I would be prepared to pay an extra £12 a season if this helped the squad and improved our position, I am in the lucky position to be able to afford to do this. If you're paying for two adults and two kids, you might not like it, or you may not like the principle of what is involved.

Having said that, I do think it's worth a go. Health club memberships, contact lens schemes etc all handled this way and I don't see why it couldn't work here (although knowing our club.....)

Thanks for helping me out LISA, nice to see you last night...allthough you were a little quite for my liking!

I thinkk youve got it spot on with what was said last night...

They could even add your foxlot payment into THAT monthy DD and then everyones happy!

Thanks for helping me out LISA, nice to see you last night...allthough you were a little quite for my liking!
I'd been up since 4.30am, and was struggling to stay with it!

Nice to see the marketing manager who has just resigned never cottoned on to the sell back scheme! I wonder how many ST holders miss matches and how many people buy a premium priced ticket? The club could lose revenue as refunding the ST holder say £5 as there would not be anything to incentivise the non ST punter to purchase as buy back at full cost. The way round it is the discount the buy back seats so the club, ST and non ST holder gets something out of it. I'd certainly let the club resell my ticket for colchester when I'm away if I were to get a £5 back. It costs me a fortune to commute and park anyway to each game.

Also narks me the ticket office won't let me buy a ticket on gate for tonights match. I might get away in time to get there but could be delayed. I was going to take my kids but couldn't risk not getting there and losing £45. Instead will have a cheaper evening down the pub I suppose.

I'd been up since 4.30am, and was struggling to stay with it!

At least you said hello and all that!!!!

I'm still persuing the ' plinth with the city legends' idea! as we could do with one and they wont be expensive and we have 2 art schools in leicestershire!

I can't this being too successful if you've got to pay for tickets, average 2/month at matchday prices for this season as well as pre-paying, monthly for next season.

Or am I reading this wrong?

I can't this being too successful if you've got to pay for tickets, average 2/month at matchday prices for this season as well as pre-paying, monthly for next season.

Or am I reading this wrong?

They'll be selling green shield stamps next. I agree this scheme can't work for those who can't afford an ST for the current season, blonde or what?

Hit me with a bolt of lightening and I may just get it!

Archived