Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Open Meeting

Maybe someone didn't agree with what was going on, had an argument and then got banned from going to watch us for four games. :whistle::P

I think it's a case of the bar being open still!!

It'll be very interesting to hear what went on!!

So why didn't either of you go then?

Meeting would have finished a couple of hours ago I would guess.

The Trust was represented, but not spoken to those who went yet.

Because it's a waste of time, As the club wont listen to a thing we have to say and haven't for a long time.

Because it's a waste of time, As the club wont listen to a thing we have to say and haven't for a long time.

So just give up?

Good thing we don't have that attitude & keep plugging away when they don't listen.

However they do listen, as an example the reduced match prices for over 8's - U16's was a recommendation we made which has been done

So just give up?

Good thing we don't have that attitude & keep plugging away when they don't listen.

However they do listen, as an example the reduced match prices for over 8's - U16's was a recommendation we made which has been done

Well done, I see you fantastic suggestion has lead to a surge in our home attendances.

So just give up?

You just keep patting yourselves on the back mate.

More than the required investment and no seat on the board. Go you, you big players you.

reducing Under 12s prices was the crapest idea ever. In the family stand yes but not everywhere please.

did you suggest under 8s should be allowed free season tickets in the kop aswell?

that sure has boosted atmosphere and attendances :S

No under 14's in the Kop!

So just give up?

Have you ever watched Bridge over the River Kwai? :huh::unsure::whistle::whistle::ph34r:

I was at the open meeting.

Although the attendance was not the best (fewer than 40 FOXES present :o:( ), a useful dialogue took place between our Chief Executive and members of the audience.

It appears that, unlike last season, we are NOT under pressure to sell any of the leading members of the first-team squad before the end of August. Although bids have been received for certain players (whose names were not divulged at the meeting), the club have turned them down.

The issue of Jo Bucci's departure was raised, but TD gave few details, other than stating it was her decision, and the questioners declined to pursue the matter further.

The groundshare issue was also discussed, with many of those present feeling it offered us the best chance of a return to the Premiership (it didn't do Reading and Watford any harm last season, did it?). This prompted an impassioned plea from the back of the meeting that such a move would "compromise the integrity of the club". However, TD acknowledged that the idea remained dormant in the absence of interest from the Tigers.

Henry Shipley (of Post Horn Gallop infamy) and a number of his acolytes suggested that a band could be invited to play at home games, and he would supply this for free. Several folk seemed keen on this and even suggested it should be based in blocks F1 or F2. Let's hope the club put that idea out for consultation before rushing into it.

There then followed a long and animated discussion over whether the squad was stronger than the one that finished last season, and whether the perceived lack of investment in new players had contributed to the drop in gates. Although some fans felt more could be done to attract investment, the majority felt that TD and the board were doing the best they could in the circumstances. The consensus was that the present management and squad were capable of securing promotion, though not necessarily this season.

I pointed out that our home record during the past THREE seasons had been dire and so it was no surprise that crowds were falling, especially as the indication from the Burnley game had been that more of the same was to follow. However, a run of wins and performances at the Way such as that seen on Saturday would assist in persuading some to return.

If anyone else can think of any other significant points that I've missed out, please feel free to add them.

If anyone else can think of any other significant points that I've missed out, please feel free to add them.

Gates are low because we are comparing gates when we were either a successful premiership side, a successful championship side or a plucky but ultimately not good enough premiership side to a side which is mediocre in almost every way and is likely to finish mid table in the division. In addition to this, ticket prices are too high. Apart from for loads of youngsters who have appeared in the kop. So what is the point in a family stand? Did anyone ask that?

Did they fu ck..

Henry Shipley (of Post Horn Gallop infamy) and a number of his acolytes suggested that a band could be invited to play at home games, and he would supply this for free. Several folk seemed keen on this and even suggested it should be based in blocks F1 or F2. Let's hope the club put that idea out for consultation before rushing into it.

:unsure: Can't be doing with that! If Henry is leading this band idea then with his playing skills I dread to think what his mates would be like!

So why didn't either of you go then?

Meeting would have finished a couple of hours ago I would guess.

The Trust was represented, but not spoken to those who went yet.

Because as a fans' organisation, you are perfectly capable of asking relevent questions:

Because I never think large group discussions work.

I think TIM DAVIES is a very genuine guy and has the club at heart, he is trying his best to bring in whatever h can too the club. We are NOT flush with money, but whatever people say they are turning over every stone trying different ways to make the LCFC fans happy.

One comment last night was a payment scheme (dont quote me here) that is from march to december so youo can purchase your ticket monthly, a tried and tested method at NORWICH that may bear fruit.

Surely the 18-25 year old would find this a little easier on the pocket per month rather than a lump sum.

I commend TD for his efforts...... :thumbup:

I think TIM DAVIES is a very genuine guy and has the club at heart, he is trying his best to bring in whatever h can too the club. We are NOT flush with money, but whatever people say they are turning over every stone trying different ways to make the LCFC fans happy.

One comment last night was a payment scheme (dont quote me here) that is from march to december so youo can purchase your ticket monthly, a tried and tested method at NORWICH that may bear fruit.

Surely the 18-25 year old would find this a little easier on the pocket per month rather than a lump sum.

I commend TD for his efforts...... :thumbup:

A good idea, if I could pay monthly (at no extra cost) I would definitely consider buying a season ticket!!! :thumbup:

A good idea, if I could pay monthly (at no extra cost) I would definitely consider buying a season ticket!!! :thumbup:

So it would be 300 divided by whatever months say 10 equalls 30 per month!!! ............I dont know if you pay from march to december but the gist was that something like that.... someone else help me out who went!!

Archived