Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Open Meeting

I can't this being too successful if you've got to pay for tickets, average 2/month at matchday prices for this season as well as pre-paying, monthly for next season.

Or am I reading this wrong?

Valid point. This is why most people would prefer a credit scheme. That way you get an immediate impact. Win the next couple of home games and bring this in and you might sell a stack of tickets!

Obvoiusly, I cant see the point of complaing when you dont even go to the matches.

I bet that he's just another idiot who sits on his arse all day and then complain's when the referee makes a "wrong decision" or when someone gives the ball away.

Great support..... :rolleyes:

Obvoiusly, I cant see the point of complaing when you dont even go to the matches.

I bet that he's just another idiot who sits on his arse all day and then complain's when the referee makes a "wrong decision" or when someone gives the ball away.

Great support..... :rolleyes:

Not another smug holier than thou football fan who believes that the opinion of anyone not actually at the game should be treated with contempt.

Just to help you along there are endless reasons people might not be able to attend:

a) They're broke. Either they cannot afford it or their fathers/mothers cannot afford it.

b) They are in hospital for the rest of their lives drawing their last few weeks of breath.

c) They have to look after others who are desperately ill.

d) They live in Norway, America, Maidstone, York, Congerstone!!!...and they cannot spare the time to get there.

e) They have to work.

f) They have other commitments, like kids to take to play in football matches, trampolining competitions, adventure weekends and what else.

I'll stop there but you get the picture.

If you've got a ticket and you're able to go you're lucky. But don't treat everyone else with contempt. There might come a time when you can't go for whatever reason.

reducing Under 12s prices was the crapest idea ever. In the family stand yes but not everywhere please.

did you suggest under 8s should be allowed free season tickets in the kop aswell?

that sure has boosted atmosphere and attendances :S

We didn't suggest doing it all over the ground

how about reducing adult prices bringing back games for a fiver. No membership required.

£5 per adult vs norwich,derby etc. all bring 25k plus attendance.

The club aren't going to offer Fans Fixture type prices for the games which are likely to be more popular.

Anyway do the maths - assume 12,500 ST's, and for ease ignore children & OAPS.

So say currently about 4,000 paying £20 in a 18k crowd - to break even on charging £5 you need 16,000 (non ST's) to turn up

Because as a fans' organisation, you are perfectly capable of asking relevent questions:

Because I never think large group discussions work.

We can ask anyway, we have direct access, the idea of an open meeting is to give the chance to any fan to ask directly.

So when only 30-40 turn up, it's yet another show of apathy (moan on a message board yes, go & ask the questions directly, no can't be bothered)

April to December.

The club seemed keen, although they didn't know what interest (if any) is charged by Norwich.

But it obviously works for them as they have more season-ticket holders than anyone else in this league!

The club are still developing the idea.

At one point the idea was to start the monthly payments in February each year (having got over the Christmas spending), so therefore by the time the ST's normally wnt on sale, you would have already paid 4 months worth of the total value), so the club gets the cash early.

Not sure it would need any financial penalty to the fan for taking part, as a Direct Debit is a fairly safe bet, they may find a financial company who would be willing to fund, so the club gets it's cash in the summer.

What Lisa said about price rises could in fact be handled another way. Sign up for the Direct Debit scheme & your price is frozen, otherwise it goes up

The club aren't going to offer Fans Fixture type prices for the games which are likely to be more popular.

Anyway do the maths - assume 12,500 ST's, and for ease ignore children & OAPS.

So say currently about 4,000 paying £20 in a 18k crowd - to break even on charging £5 you need 16,000 (non ST's) to turn up

Its about taking a financial hit to draw people in.

Whats the current incentive for non attendees to attend matches?

:unsure: Can't be doing with that! If Henry is leading this band idea then with his playing skills I dread to think what his mates would be like!

Indeed. :eek:

I trust you will be casting your vote(s) on the OS..

Not another smug holier than thou football fan who believes that the opinion of anyone not actually at the game should be treated with contempt......
*** BREAKING NEWS ***

Thracian and Lisa in agreement shocker!

:o

Are all supporters' trusts as arsey as the Foxes Trust?

I actually think the Foxes Trust is doing a decent job. It's a shame it doesn't have more members, but that's probably partly due to the vitriolic, spiteful and unjustified abuse it gets on here and other forums.

I look forward to the time when it's grown sufficiently to take over control of the club.

It's happened at a few league clubs, including local ones, so there's no reason it couldn't happen here!

I actually think the Foxes Trust is doing a decent job. It's a shame it doesn't have more members, but that's probably partly due to the vitriolic, spiteful and unjustified abuse it gets on here and other forums.

I look forward to the time when it's grown sufficiently to take over control of the club.

It's happened at a few league clubs, including local ones, so there's no reason it couldn't happen here!

:nono:

Football is a business, not a hobby. If we are to be taken seriously as a club, and if we show any ambition at all, we need to be run by professionals who know what they're talking about.

So when only 30-40 turn up, it's yet another show of apathy (moan on a message board yes, go & ask the questions directly, no can't be bothered)

Not everyone has the time, can get there. Some feel that by asking a question, they'll just be ignored anyway, like when i asked you, Could you explain to me what it is about LCFC plc that you love so much?, you did the same thing.

Football is a business, not a hobby. If we are to be taken seriously as a club, and if we show any ambition at all, we need to be run by professionals who know what they're talking about.

Like we are now? :unsure:

Or have been in the past? :unsure::unsure:

Doesn't have more members??? :whistle:

When I went to join I was totally ignored while the office representatives enjoyed a prolonged chinwag.

As for taking over the club eventually I hope you are in jest.

Have a word with Rushden and Diamonds supporters about where they ended up when the fans group took control, and with a financial cushion provided by their retiring benefactor to help them.

I'll tell you where they finished. Plummeting very rapidly out of the Football League altogether.

I've no idea whether the Rushden folk had a football vision but can you imagine some (and I only say some) of our FT members on here having a football input?

Dour wouldn't be a kind enough word for it.

My perception is something like this:

"Don't you understand. We daren't attack. We have to be careful. We have to be seen to be protecting the club. Better 0-0 or 1-0 than risking defeat. And we could certainly never justify changing a winning team. Our members just wouldn't approve."

"It's alright in parks football. But attacking leaves you wide open ...

"If you want it you'll have to get a petition up and put it to the vote. Do that and if the members say yes the committee will consider it..."

"When? When we've finished our other discussions ... and you know how long they can be!

Someone convince me I'm wrong. I'd be a lot happier on the subject if they would.

Archived