Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Louise

Happy Birthday

:scarf::banana:Happy 19th Birthday Richard Stearman! :scarf::banana::yahoo::jump::smile:

He has had some bad performances and reviews this season, but it is good to remember that he is only (just) 19, and has just made his 50th appearance for us! He's younger than other youth prospects Porter, O'Grady and Sheehan and has made more appearances than all of them put together. This is testament to his talent, but it shouldn't make people forget that he is still very young and will need us to be patient at times. I still think he has a great future ahead of him.

Just my opinion anyway...

Happy Birthday! :)

:scarf::banana:Happy 19th Birthday Richard Stearman! :scarf::banana::yahoo::jump::smile:

He has had some bad performances and reviews this season, but it is good to remember that he is only (just) 19, and has just made his 50th appearance for us! He's younger than other youth prospects Porter, O'Grady and Sheehan and has made more appearances than all of them put together. This is testament to his talent, but it shouldn't make people forget that he is still very young and will need us to be patient at times. I still think he has a great future ahead of him.

He needs to think about what he did to earn 47 of those 50 appearances and go back to doing the same things once again. It's not difficult, he just put a lot of effort into his performances last season and tried to get forward whenever possible. Put in strong challenges too. So far this season he's made silly mistakes in dangerous positions, seemed off the pace when tracking back and bombing on and his distribution has been unintelligent at times.

He's definately got potential but the thing about potential is that it can easily be wasted. He needs to makes sure he makes the most of his and keep progressing. Happy birthday Richard, you're 19 now and playing senior football, time to step up your game another level otherwise you'll get left behind.

I think it was inevitable that Stearman would have a rough time coming into his second season of professional football. Perhaps he pushed himself too much last season, or indeed perhaps his opinion of himself is too high now. However he has only played 2 and a bit games this season (and I actually thought he had a good first half against Burnley) which is why I find it so surprising that there seems to have been such a massive change in attitude towards him. Many people had him down as a favourite player or player of the season last year, and said we shouldn’t sell him at (almost) any price; now after a 19 year old has a couple of dodgy games we’re saying offload him. I just find it strange.

He'll be on the piss tonight even more then usual then won't he ;)

That's part of the reason people are turning against him, I feel.

Yes he's allowed to enjoy himself and he's young so he should be free to let his hair down - but to hear that he was pissed hours after his embarrassing performance at Luton (as well as the other countless times he's been spotted in Life or elsewhere) suggests that he's not focused on his game.

He needs to realise that he's been given a massive talent, and that he has to work hard to get the best of his abilities. He has huge potential but he's not impressed anyone this season, so he needs to buckle down again and prove that he is as talented as we all thought.

That's part of the reason people are turning against him, I feel.

Yes he's allowed to enjoy himself and he's young so he should be free to let his hair down - but to hear that he was pissed hours after his embarrassing performance at Luton (as well as the other countless times he's been spotted in Life or elsewhere) suggests that he's not focused on his game.

He needs to realise that he's been given a massive talent, and that he has to work hard to get the best of his abilities. He has huge potential but he's not impressed anyone this season, so he needs to buckle down again and prove that he is as talented as we all thought.

Hear hear. :thumbup:

I think it was inevitable that Stearman would have a rough time coming into his second season of professional football. Perhaps he pushed himself too much last season, or indeed perhaps his opinion of himself is too high now. However he has only played 2 and a bit games this season (and I actually thought he had a good first half against Burnley) which is why I find it so surprising that there seems to have been such a massive change in attitude towards him. Many people had him down as a favourite player or player of the season last year, and said we shouldn’t sell him at (almost) any price; now after a 19 year old has a couple of dodgy games we’re saying offload him. I just find it strange.

I agree. Big season for him, I think he'll come through his rough spell and go on to be a very good player.

It's down to our management and Stearman to make this happen. He has the minerals for it.

Happy Birthday Richard and I quite agree with you, Louise.

In fact I think all the young players need encouragement and understanding as they try to make their names.

Stearman's been pretty consistent over his 50-odd games - more so than many others - but perhaps needs to heed the warnings of others in this thread.

If he has trouble disciplining himself where drinking and gambling are concerned (and I'm presuming nothing just reading the stories) then he should leave both alone completely because you get one chance of a career in football and it's a wise man that takes it.

Furthermore his pals and his coaches should be helping - as I trust they are - because it is not always easy

when you're on a high, have money in your pocket and time on your hands.

But being a top footballer, a top athlete of any sort, requires that you look after your body and your mind - it's like a pianist having to look after their hands. It goes with the job and however talented you might be, if you cannot cope mentally with such requirements, you'll likely end up a failure and thinking - "if only".

It can be done. I had problems and ended up having ice cold milk put by for me in my regular nightspots as a teenager.

Very soon I got used to it and I don't remember my pals or anyone else ever reacting with more than a good-natured aside. And the girls weren't ever bothered so you really don't have to drink yourself silly to impress anyone or to have a good time.

Nowadays I love a beer but never lots.

I still want to get my golf handicap down and I miss that little hole easily enough without not being able to see it.

Given a choioce between beer and sport, there's no contest. But when you're approaching 60 I, like most of my age, can only watch the footballers and wish you were fit enough to be back among em.

Richard, and some of his friends, might remember that every day they walks on that park is special. MUch can happen to end that joy. Injury, accident even illness or loss of confidence and form.

But don't ever willingly throw it away.

There's no more chances and nothing comes close to replacing the thrill of playing any sport at top level.

What a lot of crap some go on with. When seen and been near Stears he is an intelligent guy with a very good attitude to things. Stories of him verging on alcoholism are way off the mark. I do think some people are talking a lot of baloney,maybe jealousy or even their time to add a story because they've seen the lad uptown. Get behind him as we saw what he is capable of and I'm sure he will prove many wrong with another fine performance when given the chance. Hopefully a full game tonight will give him a chance to start to prove many on here may be fools to knock him so early.

What a lot of crap some go on with. When seen and been near Stears he is an intelligent guy with a very good attitude to things. Stories of him verging on alcoholism are way off the mark. I do think some people are talking a lot of baloney,maybe jealousy or even their time to add a story because they've seen the lad uptown. Get behind him as we saw what he is capable of and I'm sure he will prove many wrong with another fine performance when given the chance. Hopefully a full game tonight will give him a chance to start to prove many on here may be fools to knock him so early.

:thumbup:

Here's what Richard has to say about it:

Stearman: Now I must work hard and win back my shirt

As one of the key players in last season's revival, the last thing that Leicester City's Richard Stearman expected was to have to come in from the fringe.

The highly-promising prospect, though, had a nightmare start in the opening game at Luton, did not do much better in the second game and was dropped altogether for City's first win of the season against Ipswich.

That scenario would have been unthinkable before the campaign opened but Stearman admits he had a bad start, as did the team, and he hopes to start redeeming himself tonight against Macclesfield Town.

Of the opening two matches, he admitted: "They were not the best games I have played recently and I just need to get my head down now and get back in the team.

"I don't know the reason. It was just form on the day, I had a decent pre-season so I felt, and it was just one of those things.

"You don't expect to be man of the match or play well every game but it was a surprise to me as I am sure it was to everyone else so now I have just got to get back in the side.

"Going out the team just makes you more determined. The lads won against Ipswich and are playing well, Darren Kenton has come in and done a good job so I can hardly complain about not being in the team.

"Hopefully I will put on a good show in the cup tie."

His recent outings, though, have hardly dented his reputation for being a great long-term prospect at a higher level and it was no surprise to see him linked with top-flight clubs in the summer.

Stearman insists: "It has not affected me at all. A few names have been bandied about but I am a Leicester player and I just need to start performing again."

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?b...6269754|p|536|0

Whatever he did on his birthday, it obviously did him good, judging by his performance on Tuesday!

Exactly. The lad needs to drink more, perhaps he's been told to stop drinking since he's come back from pre-season and that's affected his game. He probably got smashed the other day and it's helped him regain his form Ian Marshall style.

Drink!!!!

Exactly. The lad needs to drink more, perhaps he's been told to stop drinking since he's come back from pre-season and that's affected his game. He probably got smashed the other day and it's helped him regain his form Ian Marshall style.

Drink!!!!

Feck!!! :mad:

Archived