Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Macclesfield Match Thread

He played against Blackburn Reserves the other day in a 3-2 defeat. Didn't score. No idea how he played.

But with the behind closed doors Gulag that's been established (TD said he'd look into that but nothing seems to have happened or been said) it's just a relief to know Chambers is still around...

Was gonna go tonight but no-one wanted to go with me. :cry: Oh well, New Adventures Of Superman is on TV. :ph34r:

I'm hope that Fryatt (if playing) can get off the mark tonight, as well as perhaps the likes of Weso getting a full game and Logan playing some part in the first team. I can't see Porter playing the whole game though, with Tiatto still out keeping Porter fit for Southend must be a priority, and he might not be up to playing a game in midweek and at the weekend yet.

Team:

Logan

Stearman

McAuley

McCarthy

Maybury

Low

Williams

Wesolowski

Porter

Hume

O'Grady

Subs: Henderson, Hughes, Fryatt, Hammond, Johansson

Would have liked to see Sheehan and possibly Gradel involved but otherwise can't complain too much. Good to see Logan, McAuley, Weso and O'Grady getting run-outs.

I approve with 10 of the 11. Maybury at LB is a waste of time, huge mistake, not worth working with. Sheehan should have been given a chance to prove himself capable.

Oh well... nice to see Logan taking to the field, perhaps he'll impress and get a mini-run, even if Henderson is fit ;)

I approve with 10 of the 11. Maybury at LB is a waste of time, huge mistake, not worth working with. Sheehan should have been given a chance to prove himself capable.

Oh well... nice to see Logan taking to the field, perhaps he'll impress and get a mini-run, even if Henderson is fit ;)

100% agree, Maybury is shite at right back never mind left back.

He'll know himself that he's got no chance, he's still 3rd choice keeper when all are fit!

Surprised that Dodds hasn't been given a place on the bench ahead of Hammond. And isn't it a bit too soon to give Weso a start?... Two unfit players in central midfield is a bit of a risk :ph34r:

Surprised that Dodds hasn't been given a place on the bench ahead of Hammond. And isn't it a bit too soon to give Weso a start?... Two unfit players in central midfield is a bit of a risk :ph34r:

Weso's had a fair run out so far - he played in a couple of league games and a closed door reserve match too. I think it's a good chance for him to gain much needed match fitness ahead of his introduction to the team in the league.

Besides, he'll probably be replaced late in the game if he's struggling - we do have Hughes on the bench. Tho that would mean keeping Porter on for the whole game, or replacing him with Hammond.

WHERE THE HELL IS SYLLA? I'm glad he isn't playing but I'm just find it strange that he hasn't been given an opportunity to impress. I would have put him on the bench at least.

He got 25 of those or more last season. He failed.

He can fork off for all I care. He had chances, he didn't take them.

Yeah I'm actually dissapointed at a lack of Sylla, Dodds or Sheehan :( Must show Momo is on his way out of the club, this was an ideal chance to give him a go. Sheehan not playing is criminal when Maybury is at left back, but apart from that it's a strong side with a good mix of experience and youth.

WHERE THE HELL IS SYLLA? I'm glad he isn't playing but I'm just find it strange that he hasn't been given an opportunity to impress. I would have put him on the bench at least.

I guess when your time is up, you might as well resign yourself to the fact that you aren't going to be playing, unless there is an incident similar to the food poisoning at Spurs last season..

Archived