Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bigneville

Andy Johnson

Having read of a few of the threads about possible teams being played in the next game.

I seem to find no-one is putting Andy Johnson in there team. Selecting to play a striker in midfield ahead of him.

What is people's problem with Andy Johnson?

He gives the team a tremendous work ethic. Give his all. Can play a pass or two.

A quality midfield battler that we need.

So why are people wanting to play Hume instead of him?

Give the lad a break.

He's been playing well for us.

You have to admit though that our central midfield is not much better (if any) then it was last season!

For an ex-premiership player I was expecting him to bring a lot more to the table, saying that the extra width that Josh Low brings to the team has balanced the team out more and whoever we play in the centre will benefit.

I personally think he has been shite this season but I've only seen him against Ipswich and Coventry. He looks like he is on a totally different wave length to the rest of the team but I'm hoping that is because he is new and that it will come together in the end. My mate said he didnt improve much in the Southend game though i never seen that so can't comment on that.

on saturday i think he played well tbh

but he should of shot a couple of times

iirc he was 25 yards out and had lots of space and instead of shooting he played it to t**to who lost the ball

as said, he is just filling the gap untill Weso comes back and when paired with Hughes or Williams our centre mid *should* shine. Johnson is awfull, gives away the ball, doesnt play the right pass, has stupid hair, doesnt shoot, doesnt run fast enough, doesnt communicate etc etc

He brings much needed experience to the team. Not just on the pitch but off it as well. He's the best we have for the defensive midfield slot at the moment, and Weso will probably take his place sooner or later, but imo he's doing ok.

I agree with that I personally don't think he's doing anything that wrong at the minute. I just feel that he's one of those players that people love to hate before he's even played a game for us

Judging by the Luton and Southend games;

He looks like he's running in slow motion and he's far too negative when higher up the pitch than he's used to. If the whole team have pushed up, he will still look to retain possession rather than move the attack on. That sounds fair enough but passing it back to players like Johansson and McCarthy just means the inevitable hoof up to O'Grady when playing in a midfielder or attacker would be a better option in terms of creating an opportunity. It's frustrating to see attacks flounder when he gets the ball outside the area and looks to play it back instead of keeping the attack going and putting pressure on. I think his lack of pace will be exposed by better teams. We need to play with a quicker tempo and he just hasn't got it. Williams is the same. I'm hoping Wesolowski can get an extended run in the team and inject some energy into central midfield (the need for pace, energy and attacking intent is why people are talking about playing Hume there). If we had a decent midfield pairing then Fryatt would be getting the service he deserves and thrives on, not trying to guess where O'Grady's flick-ons are going to go.

He's what I expected really. A once goodish player who's now slightly off the pace. He doesn't really support the attack aggressively and doesn't seem to have the sharpness of movement that some of the younger players have though it's early days and I'll happily change my view if he proves me wrong.

The word "experience" does nothing for me because I've not really seen evidence of experience being missing and I associate it with the phrase "slightly slower" which he seems to be and which is the last thing a young side needs.

It was one of the biggest problems with MDV and Dion Dublin, once the ball went to them, everything slowed down.

City don't need to be frantic by any means but they need to keep the tempo up so that less fast and accurate teams are fatigued and forced into making mistakes.

Having read of a few of the threads about possible teams being played in the next game.

I seem to find no-one is putting Andy Johnson in there team. Selecting to play a striker in midfield ahead of him.

What is people's problem with Andy Johnson?

He gives the team a tremendous work ethic. Give his all. Can play a pass or two.

A quality midfield battler that we need.

So why are people wanting to play Hume instead of him?

Give the lad a break.

He's been playing well for us.

I agree with you, and he's always in my team, with hume too.

Im not sure what it is about hughes and williams, they dont do it for me. It might be the big brother syndrome, when your new, you aint "one of us".

Johnson has more experience than alot or all of our players. Ultimately, weso will play alongside him, a young and old partnership, legs and experience.

Can someone explain to me:

A, what hasn't johnson got enough of?

B, what williams and/or hughes has that johnson hasn't?

I haven't had a chance to see him play, and from what I've heard he is OK until he tires after about an hour. But I can't really comment on him. My problem is that neither Williams or Hughes fill me with confidence. Hughes may have improved, but last season I always felt he was just not quite good enough, and Williams' problem is that he is too inconsistent and tends to be poor more often than good.

He's not that good and hasn't done enough for the team of late. He's just filling in time til Wes is back.

rubbish,

looking at this thread makes me wonder how many understand football.

in my playing days an andy johnson are worth there wait in gold.

wake up and understand the game...

rubbish,

looking at this thread makes me wonder how many understand football.

in my playing days an andy johnson are worth there wait in gold.

wake up and understand the game...

Well if we're going to start being patronising to each other, it's hard enough trying to understand that middle sentence.

Archived