Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Refs and lino's

is it me or do we always get the s**t ones?

its like on staurday johnson (i think) got fouled but we were 3 on 2 and the ref pulled us back when we were certain to score

and thats been the case 2 or 3 times this season in my opion

we get clear goal scoring oppotunities and we get pulled back

also iirc matty fryatt scored a header against ipswitch where he was onside and the lino flagged him for being off side

is it me being critical or am i right in a way?

Every other person makes this point.

Its a load of utter bollocks to be honest.

They have to prove themselves to a pretty high standard to the assessors over many years to get to this standard. Ok so they make a few mistakes, look at the Ben Thatcher decision. Oh well, they dont run around the pitch criticising every mistake a player makes otherwise do they? So why should we do it?

The people who sort out referees dont say oh right its Leicester, so lets give them a dodgy ref, they are not dodgy, everyone makes mistakes.

Ok rant over

The Johnson decision was a mistake and it seemed we should have had a penalty for hands but overall that ref was brilliant compared to some we had last season. Remember that guy against QPR at home for instance. It's a wonder the game ever finished with all the stoppages.

Saturday's ref was definitely better than some in the Championship.

I still think the general standard of refs and 'referee's assistants' are pretty poor in the Champ though, for every bad decision they make against Leicester you're guarenteed they'll give something completely innocuous in our favour (although it never seems like that)

I don't think the refs have been as bad so far this season as we've known them to be in the past. It's the lino's who just seem to have mares.

i agree with you there but tbh i think that the refs and lino in the champion are poor like someone else siad

and i canm rembember the qpr game it finished at about 6 pm didnt it lol

is it me or do we always get the s**t ones?

its like on staurday johnson (i think) got fouled but we were 3 on 2 and the ref pulled us back when we were certain to score

and thats been the case 2 or 3 times this season in my opion

we get clear goal scoring oppotunities and we get pulled back

also iirc matty fryatt scored a header against ipswitch where he was onside and the lino flagged him for being off side

is it me being critical or am i right in a way?

To be fair to them it can often be the FA's constant tweeking of the rules that cause problems for the ref's and linesmen.

i agree with you there but tbh i think that the refs and lino in the champion are poor like someone else siad

and i canm rembember the qpr game it finished at about 6 pm didnt it lol

i agree with you there aswell lol

but why the fook did the offside rule have to change?

Every other person makes this point.

Its a load of utter bollocks to be honest.

They have to prove themselves to a pretty high standard to the assessors over many years to get to this standard. Ok so they make a few mistakes, look at the Ben Thatcher decision. Oh well, they dont run around the pitch criticising every mistake a player makes otherwise do they? So why should we do it?

The people who sort out referees dont say oh right its Leicester, so lets give them a dodgy ref, they are not dodgy, everyone makes mistakes.

Ok rant over

totally agree rob , add this to the thread of things city fans moan about now we are "winning".

every set of fans has a moan about refs because its an excuse if your team is shit. referees are good at the top level believe it or not. :smile:

totally agree rob , add this to the thread of things city fans moan about now we are "winning".

every set of fans has a moan about refs because its an excuse if your team is shit. referees are good at the top level believe it or not. :smile:

Except for Graham Poll :ph34r:

Except for Graham Poll :ph34r:

He was a pratt and he'll never live it down but he was also one of the World's top referees at the time and the ongoing stick he's taken it is out of proportion to what he did.

Much worse than the referee who booked Thatcher for his potential GBH.

Pity the England players/manager didn't have to answer so fully for their performances. But no. Poll gets a hammering and Sven keeps drawing his obscene pay cheque.

Can't believe I've just defended a referee. Not with my record!

He was a pratt and he'll never life it down but he was also one of the World's top referees at the time and the ongoing stick he's taken it is out of proportion to what he did.

Much worse than the referee who booked Thatcher for his potential GBH.

Pity the England players/manager didn't have to answer so fully for their performances. But no. Poll gets a hammering and Sven keeps drawing his obscene pay cheque.

Can't believe I've just defended a referee. Not with my record!

:yesyes:

All i'd say is reffing is a hard job, although they should be up to play they cannot see every single thing.

If there were no ref's we wouldn't have football matches, we just have to accept tht inconsistency and bad decisions are part and parcel.

All i'd say is reffing is a hard job, although they should be up to play they cannot see every single thing.

If there were no ref's we wouldn't have football matches, we just have to accept tht inconsistency and bad decisions are part and parcel.

If there was no bad decisions what would we chat about half the time. If the referee got everything right. Football was by a lot less boring.

How many times do we talk about a bad tackle or bad decision?

I don't. There have been at least a dozen horrendous refereeing errors in the Premiership, and the season isn't even two weeks old! :o

With the FA handing out THREE suspensions to referees already, it appears even they know there's an issue.

I don't. There have been at least a dozen horrendous refereeing errors in the Premiership, and the season isn't even two weeks old! :o

With the FA handing out THREE suspensions to referees already, it appears even they know there's an issue.

Agreed, the quality of reffing is poor, considering they are supposed to be trained professionals. But they do need help and for one i cannot understand why technology and a '3rd eye' not help them!!!!

Agreed, the quality of reffing is poor, considering they are supposed to be trained professionals. But they do need help and for one i cannot understand why technology and a '3rd eye' not help them!!!!

Because Sepp Blatter, in his wisdom, will not allow it. :angry:

It's time football followed EVERY other team sport and realised we're in the 21st century.

Ok so do you reckon if we were top of the league, unbeaten and scored 20 goals in our first 5 games that we would be complaining this much about the refereeing decisions.

NO!!

Its just another thing people want to moan about...go and try the job for yourselves.

You would be alot more sympathetic if you knew what was involved.

Ok so do you reckon if we were top of the league, unbeaten and scored 20 goals in our first 5 games that we would be complaining this much about the refereeing decisions.

NO!!

Its just another thing people want to moan about...go and try the job for yourselves.

You would be alot more sympathetic if you knew what was involved.

Very true, you can't get every decision right

Archived