Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marko

Defender goes out on loan

the reason Mandaric fell out with harry has been publicly acknowledged that Mandy wanted to make Redknapp use the youth system more rather then the journeymen he kept signing and harry refused so the whole "if Mandaric takes over our youth team will have no chance" is a load of bullshit, if anything our academy will be 1 of the main things which attracts Mandaric and the yanks

I sincerely hope you're right and will give the bloke every support if that's the case even if I'll believe it when I see it.

In what way?

Exactly how has anyone been proved "right" or "wrong".

This time 12 months ago Sheehan looked an excellent full-back with lots of attacking skills and the ability and enthusiasm to back any attack...and how we've needed that.

He was cast aside in no time by Leicester despite some promising first team appearances and appeared to go backwards - a course not helped by having several weeks out with a groin injury.

Sheehan played in several of our successful pre-season friendlies and since moving to Mansfield appears to have made at least four goals which is more than Kenton or Nils has done all season to be truthful - in fact it's probably more than Nils managed if you count last season too.

So no, I don't think anyone's been proved right or wrong and I don't for a minute think Kelly would like to be right if it means a potentially good career has not blossomed. I imagine he's a better person than that.

I'm saying things change very rapidly in football which is why people have to take their chances when they arise.

And Mattock to me looks to be a player of outstanding potential so what I think is that if Sheehan expects to progress, he has more likelihood of doing so away from Leicester because Nils is not going to be moved in a hurry however well Sheehan plays and when he does, I am quite sure Mattock will be next in.

A least I was until the Mandaric thing arose. If that comes off I imagine most of our kids will have as much chance of progressing through to the first team - as getting a trip on the next moon landing - but we'll see.

Your wrong thats who, Sheehan was not a fantastic full back 12 months ago, you thought Sheehan was a fantastic full back 12 months ago, and he probabley did look quite useful in the reserves, this is just classic you not being able to tell the differnce between to differnt standers of football.

He can't defend well enough, not even at League Two standerd, a pretty important quality in a defender, some may say even the most important quality in a defender :o maybe even more important than darting forward at every oppurtunuity :o:o

It'd be good to see Mandaric back our academy system, as when they are ready and a bit more mature as footballers, they will form the basis of a very good City side. Provided we can hang on to them all :P

Not if the fans are spending the money. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

There'll be so many players at the club I doubt there'll even be room for the kids in the sits beside the players tunnel. :whistle::):)

There'll be so many players at the club I doubt there'll even be room for the kids in the sits beside the players tunnel. :whistle::):)

lol I doubt Mandy-rich and the gaffer would let the fans spend the money!!

Apparently Mandaric is big on developing youth players in the academy as well as bringing in the occasional experienced fellow to provde the right balance. The futures bright for us (not orange before anyone says it!!)

They can alway follow Filbert around waving flags.

In what way?

Exactly how has anyone been proved "right" or "wrong".

This time 12 months ago Sheehan looked an excellent full-back with lots of attacking skills and the ability and enthusiasm to back any attack...and how we've needed that.

He was cast aside in no time by Leicester despite some promising first team appearances and appeared to go backwards - a course not helped by having several weeks out with a groin injury.

Sheehan played in several of our successful pre-season friendlies and since moving to Mansfield appears to have made at least four goals which is more than Kenton or Nils has done all season to be truthful - in fact it's probably more than Nils managed if you count last season too.

So no, I don't think anyone's been proved right or wrong and I don't for a minute think Kelly would like to be right if it means a potentially good career has not blossomed. I imagine he's a better person than that.

I'm saying things change very rapidly in football which is why people have to take their chances when they arise.

And Mattock to me looks to be a player of outstanding potential so what I think is that if Sheehan expects to progress, he has more likelihood of doing so away from Leicester because Nils is not going to be moved in a hurry however well Sheehan plays and when he does, I am quite sure Mattock will be next in.

A least I was until the Mandaric thing arose. If that comes off I imagine most of our kids will have as much chance of progressing through to the first team - as getting a trip on the next moon landing - but we'll see.

Either that or you thought Sheehan was a better player 12 months ago than he actually was, based on performances at a crap standard of football. Since he has been exposed to the rigours of professional football he has looked out of his depth. Would make sense as you consistently overestimate players ability to perform at Championship level on the basis of what they are doing in 9-2 victories against Crystal Palace U-18's.

I happen to think you've given up on him too soon, he has a very good left foot. Shame he looked like a poor defender and more than a little nervous. Certainly some ability there.

The point is if he was thrown in for the last 12 months he would no doubt have performed as he is doing now. It's got nothing to do with his confidence being shattered or being unlucky with injuries, it is just that at this time he is not ready for first team football. If you had your way we'd have had all these kids playing at some point, and anyone that thinks differently has an obsession with "chosen men." (what does that phrase mean anyway, surely a manager choses the players he thinks are going to perform best??). I am certain we would have been relegated last season.

Either that or you thought Sheehan was a better player 12 months ago than he actually was, based on performances at a crap standard of football. Since he has been exposed to the rigours of professional football he has looked out of his depth. Would make sense as you consistently overestimate players ability to perform at Championship level on the basis of what they are doing in 9-2 victories against Crystal Palace U-18's.

I happen to think you've given up on him too soon, he has a very good left foot. Shame he looked like a poor defender and more than a little nervous. Certainly some ability there.

The point is if he was thrown in for the last 12 months he would no doubt have performed as he is doing now. It's got nothing to do with his confidence being shattered or being unlucky with injuries, it is just that at this time he is not ready for first team football. If you had your way we'd have had all these kids playing at some point, and anyone that thinks differently has an obsession with "chosen men." (what does that phrase mean anyway, surely a manager choses the players he thinks are going to perform best??). I am certain we would have been relegated last season.

His record in Leicester first team matches didn't suggest he was out of his depth at all - or his general performances.

Nor was it just me who rated him - he was captain of the reserves and was chosen by Levein for the first team on four occasions in which we won two drew one and almost came back from a 2-0 deficit when he came on against Bolton.

Furthermore at that time, City fans were almost unanimous in voting for him as their preferred left back so don't try and make out that I was the only one who rated him so high because a lot of people voted in that poll and the result left no-one in doubt about the fans feelings.

Like I say, he had a long-term groin injury - invariably something that clears slowly - and this virtually ruined the rest of his season after the Crewe match.

So what you say about misjudging him has no basis whatsover.

Nor have I given up on him at all - read what I said not what you want to interpret me as saying. I simply don't believe Nils will be sidelined in a hurry - do you? And I believe Mattock will restrict his chances later - and am not alone in that because people in the City camp believe that too.

Consequently while I well believe Sheehan can still do well for someone - I don't believe it will be here. I think he's missed his big chances here.

If he proves me wrong in that I'll be pleased but I'd also be surprised.

Furthermore at that time, City fans were almost unanimous in voting for him as their preferred left back so don't try and make out that I was the only one who rated him so high because a lot of people voted in that poll and the result left no-one in doubt about the fans feelings.

Consequently while I well believe Sheehan can still do well for someone - I don't believe it will be here. I think he's missed his big chances here.

Oh dear Oh dear Oh dear.

43 fans out of 63 who voted in that poll plumped for Sheehan. 63 votes out of say, 19000 City fans is hardly unanimous.

It's not even a unanimous vote based upon the members of the forum, just the 63 who voted. It can hardly be said that the result left no-one in doubt about the fan's feelings.

By the way, that's the poll where somebody (Thrach) said "Kisnorbo - not in Sheehan's class, not in his life."

Somebody (Thrach) also said that Sheehan could be "the best home grown left back in the UK and sooner rather than later."

By the way, that's the poll where somebody (Thrach) said "Kisnorbo - not in Sheehan's class, not in his life."

Somebody (Thrach) also said that Sheehan could be "the best home grown left back in the UK and sooner rather than later."

merkedkd3.jpg

Oh dear Oh dear Oh dear.

43 fans out of 63 who voted in that poll plumped for Sheehan. 63 votes out of say, 19000 City fans is hardly unanimous.

It's not even a unanimous vote based upon the members of the forum, just the 63 who voted. It can hardly be said that the result left no-one in doubt about the fan's feelings.

You are so selective. You pick one remark out of a reserves match when Kisnorbo was playing midfield and when his own performance was nothing like as good as Sheehan's.

We've all seen how Kisnorbo plays in midfield. Again, the viewpoint was pretty widespread so what's the problem. Indeed Kisnorbo didn't play as well as Sheehan for much of that period. He only played well once he was moved to centre-back.

As for your last remark the operative word was could. The fact 18,000 plus City fans don't subscribe to Foxestalk and/or didn't doesn't make you mock every other poll as irrelevent, just that one. But that's how they felt and I wasn't the only one either in or out of the City camp who believed Sheehan had a terrific future.

Things change in football as you well know. One minute Michael Owen's a big hero, the next he's struggling with seemingly permanent injuries and being picked for teams he never deserved or justified to be picked for.

Sheehan was dropped after Sheffield Wednesday and pilloried after getting sent off against Crewe. He then suffered an injury and for whatever reason he's never really been the same player since.

These things happen and for lots of reasons or even a combination of reasons.

But don't try to pretend he was only well thought of by me. Cos it simply isn't true and, at that time, before Bale had made his appearance for Southampton and before Mattock had ever been heard of at Leicester I can't recall seeing any more promising young left-backs knocking around.

Again, things change. Sheehan would not appear to have move forward and others have. What's the big deal. It happens all the time...and Kisnorbo's a prime example of the dramatic change in form some players can experience.

You are so selective. You pick one remark out of a reserves match when Kisnorbo was playing midfield and when his own performance was nothing like as good as Sheehan's.

We've all seen how Kisnorbo plays in midfield. Again, the viewpoint was pretty widespread so what's the problem. Indeed Kisnorbo didn't play as well as Sheehan for much of that period. He only played well once he was moved to centre-back.

As for your last remark the operative word was could. The fact 18,000 plus City fans don't subscribe to Foxestalk and/or didn't doesn't make you mock every other poll as irrelevent, just that one. But that's how they felt and I wasn't the only one either in or out of the City camp who believed Sheehan had a terrific future.

Things change in football as you well know. One minute Michael Owen's a big hero, the next he's struggling with seemingly permanent injuries and being picked for teams he never deserved or justified to be picked for.

Sheehan was dropped after Sheffield Wednesday and pilloried after getting sent off against Crewe. He then suffered an injury and for whatever reason he's never really been the same player since.

These things happen and for lots of reasons or even a combination of reasons.

But don't try to pretend he was only well thought of by me. Cos it simply isn't true and, at that time, before Bale had made his appearance for Southampton and before Mattock had ever been heard of at Leicester I can't recall seeing any more promising young left-backs knocking around.

Again, things change. Sheehan would not appear to have move forward and others have. What's the big deal. It happens all the time...and Kisnorbo's a prime example of the dramatic change in form some players can experience.

Sorry Thrach but surely the whole idea of debate is to be selective about what you say. My argument against you and Sheehan is not based upon one reserves game, it's the incessant drum banging that we've endured week in week out.

Sorry Thrach but surely the whole idea of debate is to be selective about what you say. My argument against you and Sheehan is not based upon one reserves game, it's the incessant drum banging that we've endured week in week out.

On that basis you might say I've described Nils as a weakness at left back - but he's improved his distribution so it's been right to say something different of late. In other words something's changed.

As for drum beating I've no guilt feelings about that. It's no different to Foxes against Racism or any other campaign.

Indeed when I look at what we had when Adams left and now I see the likes of Logan, Stearman, Weso, Porter, COG, Kisnorbo, Hume, and even those who are/were on the fringe like Dodds, Sheehan, Gradel, Odihambo, King I'm more than happy. Your can stick journeymen football as far as I'm concerned.

Archived