Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dandannieldanok

Your team and bench from now on!

We'd be pretty buggered at certain times of the game though, cos our defenders are woeful with their distribution at times. Still, I'd much rather see them attempting to play the passing game into the feet of the midfield than hoof the ball long for the attackers to try and hold up or chase.

---------------------Henderson---------------------

Stearman----McCarthy-----Kisnorbo-----Kenton

--------Hughes----Wesolowski-----Williams------

--------Hume--------Fryatt----------Porter--------

Subs: Logan, Johansson, Tiatto, Johnson, O'Grady.

Good team that Fezzer. Very impressive.

Good team that Fezzer. Very impressive.

I'm with you pretty well all the way except I wouldn't have Hughes anywhere near the team and how anyone would leave O'Grady out after the huge burden he shouldered without complaint on Saturday and keep a guy in who offloaded part of that burden onto him I don't know.

But I'm off on a short holiday right now so I'll have to see what happens and hope you all cheer the lads to victory tomorrow night, whoever plays. Good luck. At least you'll have a bit of peace. :thumbup::thumbup::):)

I'm with you pretty well all the way except I wouldn't have Hughes anywhere near the team and how anyone would leave O'Grady out after the huge burden he shouldered without complaint on Saturday and keep a guy in who offloaded part of that burden onto him I don't know.

But I'm off on a short holiday right now so I'll have to see what happens and hope you all cheer the lads to victory tomorrow night, whoever plays. Good luck. At least you'll have a bit of peace. :thumbup::thumbup::):)

I think he'd do better in that formation, bit more help.

Besides if your playing that fomation it's either him or Johnson, and Weso and Johnson playing just doesn't appeal.

I still can't get that image of the way Hughes played when he first came to us out of my head. If we can coax that out of him again then he would be one of the best players in the division. We can't afford to just ship players in and out at the drop of a hat so we need to work with what we've got. By giving Hughes an extra body in midfield to cover for him we can get him back to what he appeared to be best at, playing through balls for the strikers. His stamina and pace also edge it over Johnson and the idea of Hume and Porter playing like the Chelsea wingers means no place for O'Grady.

I still can't get that image of the way Hughes played when he first came to us out of my head. If we can coax that out of him again then he would be one of the best players in the division. We can't afford to just ship players in and out at the drop of a hat so we need to work with what we've got. By giving Hughes an extra body in midfield to cover for him we can get him back to what he appeared to be best at, playing through balls for the strikers. His stamina and pace also edge it over Johnson and the idea of Hume and Porter playing like the Chelsea wingers means no place for O'Grady.

From what I've heard from a few different sources Hughes just looks like he's going through the motions with no real idea of his role in the team. When he arrived he was energetic, purposeful and always probing..

I'm beginning to question whether Williams and Hughes are really lazy or whether actually the coaching/management at Leicester just nullifies any effect they could have if left to play their natural game.

From what I've heard from a few different sources Hughes just looks like he's going through the motions with no real idea of his role in the team. When he arrived he was energetic, purposeful and always probing..

I'm beginning to question whether Williams and Hughes are really lazy or whether actually the coaching/management at Leicester just nullifies any effect they could have if left to play their natural game.

I've been thinking the same........for a while now, i've been going on about RK's defensive tactics away from home especially, and i'm now beginning to think RK as you have said nulifies Williams\Hughes attacking nature!!!!

-------------- Henderson

Kenton - McCarthy - Kisnorbo - Sheehan

Gradel - Williams - Wesolowski - Porter

-------------- Fryatt - Hume

Subs: Logan, Stearman, Hughes, O'Grady, Chambers

We've got to learn to attack else we'll be in this division or lower for decades. I don't see the above happening but I'm trying to think of a solution and that's all I can think of that hasn't already failed. We've already failed to score in 4 out of 6 league games this season, it really is scary. I don't think any kind of ambition exists anymore.

You've hit the nail on the head, IMO. :thumbup:

From what I've been told, the club will think of no such solutions because they believe there is no problem. Our away tactics are too negative, so we will not pick up many points away from home this season. We haven't exactly got the most trustworthy home form either, so we're not gona be promoted. If the club thinks there is no problem when we have failed to find the net in 2 thirds (66.6%) of the games this season, then something in the management/boardroom is extremely wrong.

From what I've been told, the club will think of no such solutions because they believe there is no problem. Our away tactics are too negative, so we will not pick up many points away from home this season. We haven't exactly got the most trustworthy home form either, so we're not gona be promoted. If the club thinks there is no problem when we have failed to find the net in 2 thirds (66.6%) of the games this season, then something in the management/boardroom is extremely wrong.

IMHO I think their hands are tied... :(

We have attacking players in our side, and we are more than capable of taking this division by storm (as threatened towards the end of last season). It just makes sense for a side full of attacking players to be allowed to ATTACK :o why is that so difficult for our backroom staff to comprehend?!?

We have attacking players in our side, and we are more than capable of taking this division by storm (as threatened towards the end of last season). It just makes sense for a side full of attacking players to be allowed to ATTACK :o why is that so difficult for our backroom staff to comprehend?!?

Sorry we're crossing wires here, I thought you were referring to Chairman and board not the coaching staff. Yes the coaching staff should see strengths and play to them. I think the boards hands are tied with respect to bringing in fresh blood. :)

Sorry we're crossing wires here, I thought you were referring to Chairman and board not the coaching staff. Yes the coaching staff should see strengths and play to them. I think the boards hands are tied with respect to bringing in fresh blood. :)

I was originally referring to the Chairman and board, but then I switched the focus of my attention to the gaffer and his staff. Playing to a teams strengths is exactly why Arsenal were as good as they were once upon a day, and why Man Utd are doing well this season so far as well. If our backroom staff cannot see that and do it, I have to wonder what sort of job they're actually doing. With regards to the boards hands being tied, I agree. Funds are tight and we have no real appeal to any potential investors.

Archived