Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Our Strikers are knackered

From the bench is much better than not at all though, at least he'll be getting some part of the action, even if he does come on as a sub. Still, I'd like to see Hume start upfront with O'Grady, and give Fryatt a well earned rest. It worked for Hume, as I keep saying, and it could just do the job for Fryatt as well :)

From the bench is much better than not at all though, at least he'll be getting some part of the action, even if he does come on as a sub. Still, I'd like to see Hume start upfront with O'Grady, and give Fryatt a well earned rest. It worked for Hume, as I keep saying, and it could just do the job for Fryatt as well :)

The situation seems to be serious for anyone at City who's left out because the promise of a programme of "behind closed doors" reserve matches hardly seems to have materialised.

This will not auger well if we have injuries or international call ups.

This applies to Dodds, of course. Is he now as sharp as he was? I cannot understand why he's not already been involved on the bench but for sure it won't have done him any good being idle.

But do we have some word from Leicester about our Reserves situation?. Not at all.

The situation seems to be serious for anyone at City who's left out because the promise of a programme of "behind closed doors" reserve matches hardly seems to have materialised.

This will not auger well if we have injuries or international call ups.

This applies to Dodds, of course. Is he now as sharp as he was? I cannot understand why he's not already been involved on the bench but for sure it won't have done him any good being idle.

But do we have some word from Leicester about our Reserves situation?. Not at all.

It may sound silly and ridiculous, but as somebody suggested on here, can we not enter a reserve side (almost like a 'B' team) into League 2 or a league of similar quality?? Teams in Spain do it, and some teams in Spain even have a 'C' team. I guess if it keeps players match-fit and as sharp as they can be, it can hardly be a problem can it?? That being said though, there'd have been no need in getting rid of the old reserve leagues we had over here. Ill-minded mistake if I'm honest.

We've GOT to look at the possibility of getting a new striker in on loan now.

Fryatt is just so short of confidence. O'Grady still has yet to get any confidence. RK has obviously got no confidence in Hume. Hammond can't spell confidence. DeVries is now using the Dutch-English translation book, which states confidence as being, "a couple of good joints". And Dodds is too young to know what confidence is !

There must be a few Premiership clubs willing to put reserve strikers out on loan now, for a couple of months at least - or until the January Transfer Window (with a recall clause if necessary) ?

We've GOT to look at the possibility of getting a new striker in on loan now.

Fryatt is just so short of confidence. O'Grady still has yet to get any confidence. RK has obviously got no confidence in Hume. Hammond can't spell confidence. DeVries is now using the Dutch-English translation book, which states confidence as being, "a couple of good joints". And Dodds is too young to know what confidence is !

There must be a few Premiership clubs willing to put reserve strikers out on loan now, for a couple of months at least - or until the January Transfer Window (with a recall clause if necessary) ?

:rolleyes: Lack of creativty in the midfield is to blame, the simple answear is to get Williams back in the team he wasn't doing that much wrong, he's another one who has struggled to get a half decent run in the team.

If Williams is going to play, he needs somebody to just sit off him and win the ball for him, making his life a lot easier, cos tackling isn't a big part of his game. Johnson will do atm, but as soon as Weso is fit enough to play the Johnson role, get him in and let him do it.

Also, Fryatt will struggle to keep running and running to create his own chances if he isn't given a rest pretty soon.

If Williams is going to play, he needs somebody to just sit off him and win the ball for him, making his life a lot easier, cos tackling isn't a big part of his game. Johnson will do atm, but as soon as Weso is fit enough to play the Johnson role, get him in and let him do it.

Also, Fryatt will struggle to keep running and running to create his own chances if he isn't given a rest pretty soon.

Well that was the general idea yes.

I don't see why he was dropped so quickly, Hughes had done very little in the past month except score against Ipswitch, it's all been 6/7 out of ten performances and some people will view that as generous.

Well that was the general idea yes.

I don't see why he was dropped so quickly, Hughes had done very little in the past month except score against Ipswitch, it's all been 6/7 out of ten performances and some people will view that as generous.

I'd have to agree myself. Against Ipswich Hughes had a decent game imo, and I have to re-iterate that point now cos I came on here after that game and I was pretty generous about him. However, other than that game, he has been pretty average, and I see no reason why Williams could not contribute the same amount, if not a little more (in terms of creativity) to our game. RK needs to sort out about resting Hughes I suppose, if he doesn't give other people the chance, how will he know if they are able to do the job?

:rolleyes: Lack of creativty in the midfield is to blame, the simple answear is to get Williams back in the team he wasn't doing that much wrong, he's another one who has struggled to get a half decent run in the team.

Absolutely. We're loaded with strikers. Hughes needs replacing.

But with so many players below their best it does beg the question, is it a happy squad?

What with the things you hear, the apparent unfitness of certain players, and the lack of action for others I have my doubts and one thing among many that I felt about the teams under Beaglehome (always) and Stowell (at the Hinckley match) was that the players seemed happy and able to express themselves.

What with incidents involving Ryan Smith, Sheehan, O'Grady, Stearman, Hughes etc it doesn't sound particularly smooth and harmonious at first team level. And harmony starts with understanding and communication.

What with incidents involving Ryan Smith, Sheehan, O'Grady, Stearman, Hughes etc it doesn't sound particularly smooth and harmonious at first team level. And harmony starts with understanding and communication.

By getting rid of Smith, loaning out Sheehan, disciplining O'Grady and perhaps even by dropping Stearman, Kelly has shown that he will not tolerate a bad attitude and has rewarded those like Porter and Wesolowski who are able to integrate themselves into the first-team squad without resorting to childish outbursts. Of course we all know that Thracian, Man Manager Supreme, would have just put an arm round cheeky little Sheehan but perhaps freezing him out, sending him on loan to League Two and then offering him a chance to make the left-back berth his own when Johansson leaves next summer will teach him a lesson and indeed be better for him in the long run when it comes to making a career for himself at the highest level possible.

If people are now trying to say the team is unhappy at first-team level, could we go as far as to say that is why we are under-performing so far this season and why we aren't further up the table?? If morale within the squad is low, surely it is the job of the management team to bring it back up again, cos if they don't, how can they expect the team to go out and perform together, for each other?

But with so many players below their best it does beg the question, is it a happy squad?

What with the things you hear, the apparent unfitness of certain players, and the lack of action for others I have my doubts and one thing among many that I felt about the teams under Beaglehome (always) and Stowell (at the Hinckley match) was that the players seemed happy and able to express themselves.

Billy Davis is struggling to get anything out of Ryan Smith down at Derby, he's one I have no sympathy for. He's wasting his carear. Kelly was right to get shot.

As for the incidents invlolving the other players...... time will tell whether or not Kelly has done the right thing for their carears the long term.

By getting rid of Smith, loaning out Sheehan, disciplining O'Grady and perhaps even by dropping Stearman, Kelly has shown that he will not tolerate a bad attitude and has rewarded those like Porter and Wesolowski who are able to integrate themselves into the first-team squad without resorting to childish outbursts. Of course we all know that Thracian, Man Manager Supreme, would have just put an arm round cheeky little Sheehan but perhaps freezing him out, sending him on loan to League Two and then offering him a chance to make the left-back berth his own when Johansson leaves next summer will teach him a lesson and indeed be better for him in the long run when it comes to making a career for himself at the highest level possible.

It's not about whether he was right but why so many incidents are occuring.

And it depends what you mean by bad attitude. I'd take all sorts of verbals without worrying overmuch but I wouldn't take anyone opting out of the cause and leaving others to shoulder their responsibility...and might well get that message across in an understated sort of way. :whistle:

As for Sheehan I like to think he would never have been so dispirited as to have ever needed a crane to pick him back up. Or anyone else for that matter.

Maybe the fact they have nothing to lose helps!!!!!

Maybe we should have a manager that doesn't discipline players when they step out of line. How many people on here use to say there was no discipline because of all the red cards etc we use to get? Now players know if they step out of line they get punished... and people still moan.

If people are now trying to say the team is unhappy at first-team level, could we go as far as to say that is why we are under-performing so far this season and why we aren't further up the table?? If morale within the squad is low, surely it is the job of the management team to bring it back up again, cos if they don't, how can they expect the team to go out and perform together, for each other?

Yeah that's it we aren't further up the table because Kelly has lost confidence from the players who a few months ago called for him to be manager. KELLY OUT!!!

Or maybe.. we have a poor to average squad who are performing to the same standard as Leicester have for the last 3/4 years.

Yeah that's it we aren't further up the table because Kelly has lost confidence from the players who a few months ago called for him to be manager. KELLY OUT!!!

Or maybe.. we have a poor to average squad who are performing to the same standard as Leicester have for the last 3/4 years.

I wouldn't go as far as to saying Kelly needs to be axed already, that's madness. But he really does have to proceed with some sort of damage control atm, and definitely do something about team morale. He needs the lads to bond, and gel together so they want to play for each other, and himself. I agree our squad isn't the best, but we should be higher in the league. It is mostly the same squad who showed great form towards the end of last season - meaning they can do it if they want to :)

We need to get Williams back in.

Hughes should be dropped.

As for a forward in on loan - I'm an advocate of competition for places. I was crying out for us to go for Bendnter from Arsenal or Lupoli also from Arsenal. Both have gone to other Championship sides and done okay.

Thinking about the midfield for a moment.. a year or so ago, Tottenham and Chelsea were all signing up young English promising midfielders. They must have 10+ each battling for a central midfield spot. There must be at least one or two who would fit the bill and it would be of mutual benefit.

I'm gutted, I had small wager with a mate of mine (Argyle Fan) that our two strikers would score more than theirs throughout the season. I made this bet safe in the knowledge that Hume and Fryatt looked a sound pair last season and I could only see their partnership flourishing this season!!

OMG how wrong i've been so far! :(

Hume & Fryatt = 1

Ebanks-Blake & Hayles = 4

C'Mon boys, bang a few in tonight to level things up!! :thumbup:

Our strikers (who ever they are) are lonely. They could be training to be hermits the vast spaces they have to live and work in. Most teams play 4 at the back. At some stage you have to match that with numbers of your own.

What does Fryatt do when he gets the ball lamped up to him, he holds it up pretty well, but the fecking tumbleweed blows over the set before anyone gets anyhere near enough to decisively pass to. As for flicking it on.............to who(m)? We may as well just pass it straight to the keeper.

The best teams attack with 11 and defend with 11. More confidence on the ball, more craft, more cunning running from midfield. More beer. :frusty:

I suppose i do believe in them but they already have 3 goals on our pair and poor ol humey's stuck on the bench! :rolleyes:

Hume looks electric when he gets off the bench - a real handful, and he does look more likely to score than Matty Fryatt atm. I just think that RK should start Hume with COG, leave Fryatt on the bench and then watch him come back, be hungry as ever and bang in the goals. It'll be fine when the people in charge realise what's good for the team, and your wager will be won :yahoo:

Don't listen to Manwell - he's a killjoy :@:mad:

:P

Hume looks electric when he gets off the bench - a real handful, and he does look more likely to score than Matty Fryatt atm. I just think that RK should start Hume with COG, leave Fryatt on the bench and then watch him come back, be hungry as ever and bang in the goals. It'll be fine when the people in charge realise what's good for the team, and your wager will be won :yahoo:

Don't listen to Manwell - he's a killjoy :@:mad:

:P

So is the bet actually just Ebanks-Blake and Hayles V Hume and Fryatt? If so thats worrying.

Its all well and good saying our strikers can do this and our strikers can do that. They aint doing it at the moment and they aren't likely to unless they get the service, where as the Plymouth front two will do a solid job throughout the season.

So is the bet actually just Ebanks-Blake and Hayles V Hume and Fryatt? If so thats worrying.

Its all well and good saying our strikers can do this and our strikers can do that. They aint doing it at the moment and they aren't likely to unless they get the service, where as the Plymouth front two will do a solid job throughout the season.

Agreed mate, I'm with you 100%, was just joking before that's all :) Hughes has a lack of creativity in the middle of the park, and so our strikers won't have as much service. When Gareth Williams returns from injury, I'd like to see him straight back in the side and see if he can deliver something to Fryatt that actually leaves him with the work he's used to (scoring goals) as opposed to beating 3,4 or 5 players before shooting from long distance

Archived