Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Our Strikers are knackered

Following on from the suggestion of bringing back DeLump, how about changing the starting strikers, but in a more positive manner?

Hume + Dodds

:thumbup:

Fryatt must be rested, it's doing nobody any good having him play all the time, it'll only wreck his confidence if it isn't gone already.

Dodds is supposedly our most natural finisher, so why not give him a try against Hull?

:ph34r:

Kelly seemed to be working his way through the combinations, I was surprised Hume and Fryatt weren't back together against the 'Brom. When we've got someone with Hume's quality (I really rate the lad and his contribution, as I did previous terriers like Dickov before him) I really do see it as a shame to see him on the bench. I'd like to see Hume and Fryatt back together and given a run of a few games to sort themselves out.

I think Fryatt could do with a brief spell on the sidelines.

Use Dodds for 60-70 minutes against Hull, then bring Fryatt on in his place.

Just to shake things up a bit. ;)

lol again re-iterating what I said in the post via that link. Fryatt should be on the bench, and used for 25-30 minutes in the next few games. It could well do for him what it did for Hume, and that'd be good for us all round. Trust me. :D

I wouldn't say so. Sooner or later he's going to have to play in the league, so the more league experience the better. If we continue to stay in this league, teams will snap our players up and he'll be playing sooner than you think. This forum is used to suggest and discuss different ideas, so a little respect for them would be good. If you disagree with an idea, say so, but in a polite and respectful manner (as I have been told a couple of times by mods on here).

Why are people suggesting Dodds? he hasnt got a chance of playing in a league game we definetely need to win, some people need to be more realistic on this forum.

No chance of that mate.

I don't know why I bother arguing against the pied piper and his friends any more.

Because Dodds is supposedly our most natural finisher - as I stated in my first post. ;)

And that's come from the management at some point, apparently.

Dodds is a very hot prospect from what I know and have heard, and at some time he needs to be given a chance, just to show how far he still has to come. Without him having a chance, we won't know that sort of information.

The strikers aren't the problem, is the bunch of clowns behind them masquerading as a midfield. The supposed service and support they give to Fryatt in particular is a disgrace.

I'll second that, but it seems as though we'll never be completely satisfied with the midfield. A few weeks ago, we were all cursing and begging for a midfielder who could put the ball in the box, and saying that it would make everything better. Now we have midfielders playing in midfield and putting the ball into the box, the service isn't good enough. This isn't a dig directed completely at you Fez, infact it's aimed at a much wider audience, but it seems funny to me that if the service from the midfield improved greatly, we'd still be complaining about them, saying things like "they don't win enough tackles", "they aren't energetic enough" or "they don't score enough goals".

I'll second that, but it seems as though we'll never be completely satisfied with the midfield. A few weeks ago, we were all cursing and begging for a midfielder who could put the ball in the box, and saying that it would make everything better. Now we have midfielders playing in midfield and putting the ball into the box, the service isn't good enough. This isn't a dig directed completely at you Fez, infact it's aimed at a much wider audience, but it seems funny to me that if the service from the midfield improved greatly, we'd still be complaining about them, saying things like "they don't win enough tackles", "they aren't energetic enough" or "they don't score enough goals".

If they gave our strikers some chances on a consistent basis and didn't rely on Fryatt beating three men on his own or hoofs from defence to O'Grady then we would score some goals, win more games and be further up the table.

You can say what you like about the midfield but Fryatt and Hume demonstrated at the end of last season that with decent service they will score the goals we need to get us in the play-offs. You can pick faults with either of them or O'Grady but I don't see what Dodds is going to offer that Fryatt doesn't. Dodds is primarily a finisher and he'll need chances, the same as Fryatt would.

I know that strikers such as Fryatt and Dodds need chances in order to score, and that the midfield's job is to create chances in order for the strikers to score. I wasn't saying anything bad, I was just trying to highlight that no matter where we are in the table or however the midfield perform, we will always have something to say about them and will always critisize them.

The midfield partnership needs some work, Hume in midfiled? with Weso? both run around like men possessed and can pass a ball. That will never happen though so I'm hoping RK plays Williams and Johnson against Hull and starts Fryatt and Hume.

Weso and Williams for Hereford

Archived