Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
l444ry

Time for the Board to act.

I reckon MM won't do anything until the transfer window comes along. He'll prob see which teams are higher up the table, with more chance of promotion, stick his money in then, get some players and may-be get them promoted.

What's the point in him taking over Leicester at the minute, by the time he wants to invest in a club, we might aleady be bottom of the table and certainties for relegation. He can only get players in o nloan before the transfer window, so it would be pointless in him coming here now anyway.

Only good thing would be if he sacked RK installed an experienced manager, who may motivate players.

I would also think MM would give the players a kick up the arse, knowing that if they don't play well, players will be bought in inthe future. Saying that, the journeymen in the side, wouldn't care less, they still get their paypacket, whether they play or not.

Members of the current board owe their status to their links with some of the most powerful corporations on the planet (Pepsi and McDonalds).

It's not unreasonable to enquire whether they could have made more use of those links to bring extra finance into the club.

Exactly right...I thought that when they came in they would bring money and experience but the former has either been absent or directed the wrong way and the latter doesn't seem to exist. I certainly think they could more with their connections to bring some money into the club but the question has to be, do they want to?

I don't think MM has to be the answer because this board can attract investment without one huge spender. Perhaps i'm a biased city fan but I believe we can be a decent prospect for someone who wants to invest in football. Good infrastructure, only team in the city, decent history and fans that are looking for someone to look up to again.

In answer to the question as to why this comes up now and not after Southend the answer is because Southend pushed back frustration. It didn't come up after West Brom either but it doesn't take away from the validity of the argument that something has to change, I don't apologise for the fact that this is coming up after a defeat and not a win. If we were higher up the table and looked convincing even when we didn't win (at least 80% of the time) this wouldn't come up at all but clearly the board felt no investment was necessary or warranted and as the season goes on (early as it may be) it becomes clear that they were wrong...

Here we go again!!! A mirror image of what happened last year. The Board cannot be allowed to escape the blame this time. They are incapable of dragging this club up from the hole it is in and now Leicester face the abyss. Somebody should be on the phone to Mandaric NOW!!! And if all those who trotted out some lame reasons for not wanting him prefer this shower of sh** there has to be something wrong their grey matter. If City can't get Mandaric I feel we're really doomed this time.......This is, without doubt, the worst Leicester team I've ever seen.

Couldn't agree more. The players here at the moment are simply not good enough. We need to make radical changes and the board must look for investors immediately.

I've never been the most vocal critic of the Foxes Trust because I like the idea but am not convinced by what they've done. However if you are going to post on here about how much you have in terms of shares, voting and therefore power then don't you also need to take some responsibility for our situation? You can't have it both ways.

The point isn't MM (or anyone else) and whether or not they would bankroll us to Champions League glory in 3 seasons...the point is do the board care more about their position as members of the board or about the football club? If the answer is genuinly the latter then they should be looking to find investment the whole time (not just when times are crap) and if that means someone better, more competent and who will invest more takes their place then so be it. LCFC is not THEIR business like a traditional company would be...

No the board do want the club to succeed as their number one priority and over the last couple of seasons we have had the chance to ask the 'would you sell' question on a one to one basis with the vast majority of the board members. They would sell if it was in the clubs best long term interests.

It isn't easy to find new investors, the new chairman has been speaking with a number of his own contacts trying to obtain new investors. The search for generating additional money has never stopped, hence the ground share idea as one option.

And still the catering at Castle Greyskull is bollocks. So one has to ask the question what the f'ck do they bring to the table?

The Chairman has not been brought in to sort out Lindley catering, that's a lazy comment.

We are forever receiving praise from visitors to functions about the quality of the food & service matching top eating establishments, so that is well run

The Chairman has not been brought in to sort out Lindley catering, that's a lazy comment.

We are forever receiving praise from visitors to functions about the quality of the food & service matching top eating establishments, so that is well run

Whoopdee-f'ckin-do, does that get us 3 points on a Saturday?

What about the treatment of our own and the utter dung we have been served up on the field for 3 years?

The lot of you are missing the point by such a margin it isn't funny.

Whoopdee-f'ckin-do, does that get us 3 points on a Saturday?

What about the treatment of our own and the utter dung we have been served up on the field for 3 years?

The lot of you are missing the point by such a margin it isn't funny.

No, but you raised the issue of food, not us.

We aren't missing any points (other than those not won on the pitch), we are prepared for a number of potential situations but we can't post our thoughts on here (you don't declare your hand for all to see before starting to play a game do you?)

No the board do want the club to succeed as their number one priority and over the last couple of seasons we have had the chance to ask the 'would you sell' question on a one to one basis with the vast majority of the board members. They would sell if it was in the clubs best long term interests.

It isn't easy to find new investors, the new chairman has been speaking with a number of his own contacts trying to obtain new investors. The search for generating additional money has never stopped, hence the ground share idea as one option.

With all due respect but aren't they going to say that to the Foxes Trust when they know you don't have anyone. They are hardly likely to turn around and say NO, i'll hold on with dear life regardless of the consequences...

Of course it isn't easy to find new investors and i'm sure the chairman has been speaking to his mates in the Gentlemen's Club over a brandy asking if they fancy putting some money in but it's not looking to me like it works. Of course you can say you don't want to share all your ideas with us (despite us being fans and you supposed to represent us) because its secret negotiations but that doesn't fill me or many people here with confidence. This isn't an attack on you but on the board because speaking to contacts isn't enough. If the current coard can't invest in us then they should be actively looking for a lot more then small scale investments from friends...but I guess that depends on your ambition for our club.

im a bit confused by what i am reading was n't the foxes trust ment to be a supporters voice? there seems to be an US and YOU us meaning with the board. i think the foxes trust should be more vocal in stressing supporters view then buddying for coffee with the board...........

Archived