Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

How have we progressed

I wouldn't say we have progessed under RK, the league table doesn't lie and results like Hull 1-0 at home are horribly similar of this time last year. The process of bringing youngsters through like Porter for instance is a positive but the performances so far are nearing CL standard. He has the backing of the board and 75% of the fans so there is plenty of time for him to improve us.

We did progress after the departure of Levein at the end of last season.

And there has been a few positives to the start of the season,Porter,Ogrady etc.

People expected us to start this season the way we ended last,but its not happend.So i dont think we have progressed really.

I feel we haven't actually progressed. We're more willing to play younger men and give them a run in the side, but it's the same old story. Our away tactics are too defensive, we don't score any goals, and it is extremely difficult to get a performance out of the 11 on the pitch. Same old promises, same old results. If RK doesn't get morale up and win the respect of the entire squad back, we'll be in the position he took over us in sooner than we know it.

Rob Kelly did arrest the slide into Levein's man-made oblivion. However, I reckon his lack of experience in management and dealing with this shambles of a Board means he has taken the club as far as he can. It will end in tears but I hope he can leave with his head held high.

We are treading water at the moment until Rob Kelly sorts out the spine of the team. This area he has failed. Yes we have two good central defenders and strikers, but it's in the centre of the park that we are poor. Hughes/Williams and Johnson are not up to the standard.

Fact is, goals are scored and conceded in the middle. The ball pretty much always has to come into the middle of the park to score, so if you are weak there, you will fail to score and will certainly concede.

Nowhere will this be shown more than against Sunderland on Saturday where Hughes and Johnson will have to compete against Kavanagh and Miller. It doesn't take a genius to work out who is going to boss the game out of those midfielders.

We have stayed the same I reckon. Will be this way for a good few years to come ...better get used to the idea

I'm with you on this one:

We can't buy our way out of it and although our academy has produced a few good players I very much doubt we have the strength in numbers required to get us promoted.

I know it's been said before but we really do need a serious investor the only other option is mediocrity!

He did well to keep us up, and for that he'll always be a legend. Since then, the loss of Joey has been immense, so i'd have to say backwards. We also seem to have no team spirit like we had last year and some players are hiding.

It makes me laugh how people are saying 'Alan Curbishley'. Why would he want to manage us? Reports suggested he had the oppurtunity of managing England, and didn't so we have no chance. :rolleyes: He's waiting for Fergy to leave Manure.

He did well to keep us up, and for that he'll always be a legend. Since then, the loss of Joey has been immense, so i'd have to say backwards. We also seem to have no team spirit like we had last year and some players are hiding.

It makes me laugh how people are saying 'Alan Curbishley'. Why would he want to manage us? Reports suggested he had the oppurtunity of managing England, and didn't so we have no chance. :rolleyes: He's waiting for Fergy to leave Manure.

I doubt it very much!

The next Manchester Utd manager will not be an Englishman.

We are regressing, this is worse than anything CL produced, and if our 2 bright spots are to out of their depth Porter and O'Grady the we have problems of a greater magnitude than first feared.

The man never wanted the job, he said so himself; he "is a coach" so what changed? He doesn't have the self belief to do the job and you can see it in the way he sets out his teams, so defensive, so tepid so lacking in any inventiveness. At least Levein had an excuse he was a defender at heart.

It seems that the masses only fully get it when the Club dips in to that bottom 3, then when it is in black n' white for all to see it final kicks in.

The so called experts, Alan Birchenall and Jon Barber have been made to look foolish after all their early season posturing.

Your better under Kelly,you were heading towards towards league one when Levein with in charge,but Kelly saved you and I think you will stay up with him in charge this season,though I still think it was a big mistake sacking Levein because you would had good prospects long term under him.

Your better under Kelly,you were heading towards towards league one when Levein with in charge,but Kelly saved you and I think you will stay up with him in charge this season,though I still think it was a big mistake sacking Levein because you would had good prospects long term under him.

Why are the prospects worse under Kelly?

Why are the prospects worse under Kelly?

Because he is signing older players which may do you harm long term.Under Levein you had young and hungry players but admittedly the reason you struggled was because a lack of experience.But the team would have matured and you would have gained promotion back from league one and you would have become a decent championship side.I'm afraid all you are now is a mediocre championship side.

Because he is signing older players which may do you harm long term.Under Levein you had young and hungry players but admittedly the reason you struggled was because a lack of experience.But the team would have matured and you would have gained promotion back from league one and you would have become a decent championship side.I'm afraid all you are now is a mediocre championship side.

He's signed Andy Johnson who is 32. That's the only 'old' player he's signed. :unsure:

I'd say you were being kind about it there. We are one of the worse Championship sides atm, and it doesn't show any sign of improving. If we keep failing to find the net, and can't play at least moderately-attacking football away from home, we'll struggle even in League One, as our finances will be a lot lower and we'll lose a lot of our players as well :(

About the same, really. We're are a midling/lower Championship side like we were under Levein. Maybe this is just our natural position. :(

Just our position ?? For the size of our City and fanbase we should be competing in the Premiership. I'm afraid it makes me hate 'smaller' clubs like Charlton, Fulham and Wigan !!

Archived