Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smudge

Affordable Matchday Ticket

In another thread Barton Fox said that The club should reduce the price of tickets to an affordable price in all areas of the ground. What's an affordable price to you?

Bear in mind that based on last years attendance of 511390, we would reduce revenues by £22,234 per game and therefore need to increase attendance by over a 1000 per £1 of reduction in price to make up for the loss.

I think £15 is a fair amount for adults to pay when it starts to push more than £25 to around £30 for a game at this level is just silly.

£17.50 at this level for adults in all areas of the stadium. slightly more or less away games depending on which stadia we are playing at.

i also think fox travel prices should be slightly reduced if they are serious about helping in "car share" plans etc. 10 buses with 80 fans each or 200 cars with 4 fans each, which is better for the environment?

I think the club have a great cheek when they charge the ridiculous prices they do currently. Until the football gets better, £10 adults and £5 concessions is more than enough.

But that buffoon Ronald McDonald claims that it is only right we are paying higher prices than we did 4 years ago. What the nuggett fails to take in to account we were getting visited by Manchester United et al and not Hull, Southend and Colchester.

I think people would almost accept paying the current prices for the bigger teams this season but to ask people to cough up £25+ to see us take on Colchester and Southend is a joke. No disrespect to those two clubs in particular but considering most people havent heard of the majority of the players, its a bit steep!

Bear in mind that based on last years attendance of 511390, we would reduce revenues by £22,234 per game and therefore need to increase attendance by over a 1000 per £1 of reduction in price to make up for the loss.

Useful analysis. So thanks.

There are more important things than straight revenue considerations but this spells the consequences out nicel.

I lie about my age and pay 20 quid to sit anywhere I want, I have no quarms with the ticket prices.

If you look around the football league anything at or under 20 quid is a good price, for the facilties we provide.

However it's when you take your seat and listen to your players come out to the kan kan, and then look around you for the 5,000 flags that were handed out a month ago and you can only count about 20. That you start to think that you'd be better off paying 8 quid at Owen street.

In another thread Barton Fox said that The club should reduce the price of tickets to an affordable price in all areas of the ground. What's an affordable price to you?

people keep making this common misconception, STH dont pay gates so they wouldnt lose 22grand per £1 reduction it would be nearer 5 grand.

I voted 15 but in truth its probably a tenner at the most.

The poll so far reveal's a wish for a £15 price. That equates to a 10,376 increase in attendance per game just to stay even!!! How real that? Come on guys this is the real world!!!!

If the current is £25 and a £10 reduction that would mean £25k loss assuming 5k paying on the gate at current so to make that up would need 1,667k extra attendance.

The poll so far reveal's a wish for a £15 price. That equates to a 10,376 increase in attendance per game just to stay even!!! How real that? Come on guys this is the real world!!!!

someone else has already stated the STH issue, but also bear in mind that if only 3000 extra fans turned up, there would be extra revenue on food/drink/programmes/club shop stuff etc.etc.

i was half-tempted to go on tuesday, but £23 to watch us play hull? fook that. its a rip off.

adult tickets should be between £10 & £15 at thislevel, certainly in most areas ofthe ground (east stand,"kop" &L1). if you wanna be posh, thats fine, you have the choice to pay £20+ for the west stand.

until the prices drop/football improves i wont be going down.

people keep making this common misconception, STH dont pay gates so they wouldnt lose 22grand per £1 reduction it would be nearer 5 grand.

I voted 15 but in truth its probably a tenner at the most.

I can't imagine STH being happy with a 30% drop in rest of the ground and no reduction for them. So it will impact the club revenue significantly.

We can argue numbers all day long but the point is that the club couldn't stand a reduction of that magnitude without a significant increase in attandance or reduction in costs.

a 30% drop is recovered with a 30% increase in attendance but you dont include sth so the 30% increase is worked out on a small number, and I dont think the club can cope with the current prices with attendances that keep on falling either.

As for STH I think they will prefer if the prices are dropped so we have a fuller ground and possibly increase STH for next season as a result.

You might like to have a look at our pricing structure.

http://www.safc.com/tickets/?page_id=10056

In addition, we offer £16.00 adult/child tickets, through the schools, for selected games.

Ever since we moved to the SOL, the emphasis has been on trying to attract the next generation of supporters and not just keeping the ones we have.

After all, many of our loyalties were formed in the days when there were not so many alternative attractions, competing for our time and cash.

playeryz6.gif

Ticket prices should be reduced slightly whilst we are playing like a p!ss-poor side in a p!ss-poor division. Fair enough saying £23-£25 if we're in the top 6 of the league on a consistent basis playing good football, but we aren't. We're a bottom 7 or 8 side playing pretty bad football. If we're gona get fans into the ground based on them circumstances, tickets prices should be reduced for all (£20 for adults, £15 for 16-18 year olds and under 16's for a tenner or less depending on where they sit, e.g the Family Stand less than a tenner) :) It'd do the same job as the "Fan's Fixture" offer from seasons gone by. A lot of fans thought it was a good idea and it did a good job in attracting many more fans to the ground. Maybe it'd bring us more revenue from ticket sales as well :whistle::rolleyes:

(I voted £20 on the basis that you were asking for adults and not the younger generation of fans)

Archived