Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Hereford 1-3 Leicester - Post Match reactions

kisnorbo sent off :(

according to sky sports news; hammond sent off too!?! :S anyway it was a good win confidence wise, i'd have like to've seen fryatt in , though, to try a get another goal. other than that i don't really see many of the 1st team worrting about they're place (except hughes > wesso)

Does anyone know what definitely happened last night? Still this morning Sky Sports are saying Hammond was sent off in the 81st minute Sky sports roundup but the bbc are saying just kisnorbo and their fella were sent off BBC Match Report - strange!?

Also strange that loads of the topics since Sunday night have disappeared, whilst I am not a frequent poster I regularly read what you lot have got to say and was surprised to see recent threads disappeared....very confusing morning for me....or maybe that is because I am at work so early!

Their guy was sent off for our penalty although Logan didn't suffer the same fate, I can only assume because he was to the left of the penalty area the ref decided it wasn't a clear cut chance, where as Porter was bearing down on the centre of the goal.

Kisnorbo was sent off, from where I was sitting it didn't even look like a foul, in fact I have no idea what he did, but he just walked off without a murmer. :dunno:

I have to say there wasn't a bad tackle all night although early in the game Kisnorbo did have some verbals with one of thewr players so perhaps there was a little retrobution involved. Either way 3-1 up 90th minute, to then give the ref the opportunity to send you off is just damn stupid and I hope he gets stung with a 2 week fine.

Great night out though.

From OS

A much-changed Leicester City progressed into the third round of the Carling Cup with a 3-1 victory over Hereford United on Tuesday night. First goals of the campaign from Elvis Hammond and Richard Stearman together with a second of the season from Iain Hume and some fine saves from Conrad Logan ensured the Foxes overcame a potential banana skin at Edgar Street.

Leicester-born Rob Purdie netted the hosts' consolation from the spot soon after the re-start but City refused to buckle and showed their true professionalism to make sure their name remained in the hat for the next round.

The only sour note on the evening was that both teams finished the match with 10-men as Trent McClenahan was dismissed for a professional foul which resulted in Hume scoring from the spot on 75 minutes.

Patrick Kisnorbo was then sent off late on following an off-the-ball incident.

Hereford were the first to show when Stuart Fleetwood cut in from the right-hand angle but Conrad Logan got down well at his near post to collect the low cross.

On six minutes City created their first clear-cut chance when Hammond turned his man inside the penalty area but saw his snap-shot drift just wide of the left hand post.

Hume's flick on from a Stearman cross was comfortably gathered by Wayne Brown.

Brown was again called into action in the ninth minute when Josh Low's cushioned header was met by Hume, whose shot on the turn was brilliantly tipped around the post by the hosts' number one.

The Foxes were then only denied by the woodwork when Hume's header from another Low cross bounced back off the bar and away to safety.

At the other end, Purdie's free-kick sailed over the bar and failed to trouble Logan.

It was all City early on, with Stearman's shot on 17 minutes being blocked on the goal-line by Richard Rose for a corner after he had been left unmarked at the back post following Levi Porter's cross.

In the 21st minute Logan raced off his line to punch clear Purdie's free-kick.

Hume was again in the thick of the action soon after when he did well to charge down an attempted defensive clearance, but the loose ball just wouldn't fall for the Canadian international and the chance went a begging.

However, the visitors did take the lead in the 28th minute thanks to Hammond.

Hume again rose the highest to tee up his strike partner inside the area and he made no mistake, swivelling on the spot before lashing the ball past a helpless Brown and into the roof of the net for the opener.

City had Logan to thank for keeping them ahead on 34 minutes when he reacted quickly to make a diving stop to his right from Stearman, after the teenager inadvertently volleyed Tim Sills' header towards goal.

Low's cross dropped on to the back of the United net three minutes later after some neat build-up play involving James Wesolowski, Porter and Hume.

Hume and Hammond combined well on 40 minutes with the latter firing just wide of the target.

But 1-0 was how it remained at half-time with Hammond's goal proving to be the difference.

Sills created an early second half chance down the right flank but Logan saved with ease.

The Irishman again preserved his side's advantage in the 47th minute when he dashed off his line to divert Purdie's goal-bound effort behind for a corner.

At the other end, the Australian connection almost proved dividends once more as the returning Danny Tiatto's inswinging free-kick was met by the head of Patrick Kisnorbo but the ball skimmed just wide of the target with Brown beaten.

Martyn Giles shot straight at Logan on 53 minutes after a corner, before the home side did equalise two minutes later following a flying start to the second period.

After a defensive lapse, Logan was adjudged to have brought down an advancing Fleetwood inside the area with referee Richard Beeby having no hesitation in pointing to the spot.

Logan escaped with a yellow card and Purdie stepped up to fire the ball home for the leveller much to the home side's delight.

Stearman was then booked for protesting as the players lined up for the re-start.

Hereford continued to pile on the pressure and Logan did well to parry Fleetwood's shot out for a corner on 58 minutes.

However, City rode the storm and restored their lead in the 66th minute through Stearman.

Low's right-wing corner was glanced on by Kisnorbo and the England Youth international defender ghosted in at the back post to simply tap home from only a yard out.

City's second deflated United and the hosts were forced to make a change with Alan Connell replacing the injured Fleetwood on 70 minutes.

The visitors put the game beyond doubt five minutes later when Hume converted from the spot after Trent McClenahan had hacked down Porter in the area.

McClenahan was duly dismissed for the foul as Graham Turner's men were forced to play the remaining minutes with only 10 men.

Dean Beckwith was booked for a foul on Hammond soon after before the striker tested Brown from distance but the keeper was equal to the task.

Momo Sylla came on for his first appearance of the season nine minutes from time, replacing Wesolowski.

Stearman headed straight at Brown late on then Kisnorbo received a straight red on 88 minutes.

This forced manager Rob Kelly to shuffle his pack with Nils-Eric Johansson replacing Hume.

Logan had the last word when he brilliantly saved from Connell's downward header.

But 10-man City had already done enough to book their passage into the next round of the Carling Cup.

City: Logan, Stearman, Kisnorbo ©, McAuley, Maybury, Low, Wesolowski (Sylla 81), Tiatto, Porter, Hume (Johansson 90), Hammond. Subs not used: Henderson, O'Grady, Dodds.

United: Brown, Travis, Rose, Mkandawire ©, Purdie, Sills, Fleetwood (Connell 70), Williams, Giles, McClenahan, Beckwith. Subs not used: Ferrell, Thompson, Jeannin, Gulliver.

Yellow Cards

City: Logan (55), Stearman (56)

United: Beckwith (78)

Red Cards

City: Kisnorbo (88)

United: McClenahan (75)

Referee: Richard Beeby

Attendance: 4,073 (578 away)

All in all sounds like a solid performance and a good result. Sounds like Logan played a blinder in nets apart from the penalty and that Stearman sounded involved - hopefully back to something like his best and the goal can't hurt.

Nice to see Elvis getting on the scoresheet and another goal for Hume (would have been good for Dodds to get some action though) and Porter sounded like he played well.

Only worrying thing is shoddy discipline - we'll be without Kisnorbo for a couple of games now and Stearman getting booked for complaining is just stupid.

Still, not a bad result and should help the confidence. I'd settle for the same again on Saturday :-)

I got a text update saying Hammond had been sent off with 10 minutes to go.

Did you get this one as well?

"Can Fryatt Fire The Fixes Saturday?"

Apparently SohoFox received this text message. :D

Come on you Fixes lollol

Did you get this one as well?

Apparently SohoFox received this text message. :D

Come on you Fixes lollol

I got an email saying that. "Can Fryatt Fire The Fixes On Saturday?[scanned]"

Fixes. For god's sake.

By the way, the text update was from Orange who are usually very reliable. Judging by the fact Sky had Hammond being sent off in their match report as well suggests gremlins in the PA report.

I heard at work Weso got hurt!!! Please let this be bullocks.

He went down for about a minute, the physio came on but Weso got up and carried on for a good 15 mins before he was subbed as he'd ran himself in to the ground. It didn't look like an injury, there is no way he'd have carried on if it was. Who told you that?

It just looked like an everyday knock. He carried on afterwards and although he was subbed he would quite possibly have gone off anyway at that stage after his exertions at Sunderland.

Exactly. From what I witnessed it didn't even look an injury, he briefly went down and was up within a minute or so and didn't look to be limping or anything. Should be ok (touch wood).

Archived