Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dandannieldanok

Colchester Player Ratings

Logan 6

Kenton 6

McCauley 6

McCarthy 7

Johansson 3 (is his foot a scoop? will he ever pass along the ground?)

Hughes 0 (Useless as normal, am I allowed to go into negative numbers?)

Johnson 2

Wesolowski 4

Porter 4 (Worst performance of this season)

Fryatt 3

O'Grady 1 (Please stop diving)

SUBS

Low 4

Stearman 6

Hume 5

WHAT Logan: 6, he was flawless (apart from one kick too long) WTF are you on about???

Logan 7

Kenton 6

McCauley 6

McCarthy 6

Johansson 6

Hughes 2 (discrace to the shirt , girly tackles )

Johnson 3 ( passing was awful)

Wesolowski 5

Porter 6 (still our biggest creative threat)

Fryatt 6

O'Grady 6

SUBS

Low 5

Stearman 6

Hume 6

logan 7 - flawless but never had a lot to do

defence all get 6's

hughes 1 - should never play on the win again if at all

johnson 0 - cant pass only in the team cus williams is injured and kelly signed him

weso 5 - didnt impose himself in the game enough

porter 5 - to gutless to actually attack the full back and whip a cros in

strikers 5 - didnt see enough of the ball

subs

stearman 6 - did well got forward when ever he could

low 5 - poor crossing did little else

hume 6 - got stuck in tried to link the midfield

kelly 3 - should of left o'grady on and why he replaced kenton is bewildering. again refused to change from his precious 4-4-2 when anyone could see it wasnt working

Logan 7 - Did what he had to...which was dealing with backpasses mostly!

Kenton 6 - Solid as ever...but what was Kelly playing at by taking him off?

McCauley 6 - Did ok but hardly inspiring....no threat to Kisnorbo.

McCarthy 6 - Pretty anonymous.

Johansson 6 - Had his moments.

Hughes 1 - I agree... a disgrace to the shirt , girly tackles.

Johnson 2 - pisspoor

Wesolowski 3 - anonymous.

Porter 5 - tried his best...but that wasn't really good enough. Won't take players on.

Fryatt 5 - average performance

O'Grady 5 - too little too often

SUBS

Low 5 - at least he tried...which is more than could be said for most of the team

Stearman 5 - see above

Hume 6 - see above

Officials - Shocking. Truly shocking

Overall team performance - heading for relegation at this rate

Only McCarthy and Logan played well today in my opinion. I was dissapointed with Weso's performance and Johnson needs to be dropped hes useless

Logan 8 - Solid performance (including kicking) and already fills me with more confidence than Henderson and Rab.

Kenton 6 - Did well enough before being substituted.

McCauley 7 - Good debut, was very good in the air but I think his lack of pace will be found out all too often in this league, no threat to Kisnorbo's place

McCarthy 7 - The usual Paddy performance, was lucky to not give away a penalty towards the end though.

Johansson 6 - Same old same old, cannot pass

Hughes 4 - Disgraceful.

Johnson 3 - Yes, there was a player worse than Hughes! How this guy continues to be in the starting line-up is an absolute mystery, he cannot hit a Leicester man with a pass and may as well not be there. GET HIM OUT!

Wesolowski 6 - The potential is there, adds much needed bite to an otherwise spineless midfield, a good hassling performance and I think he will benefit when Gareth Williams returns.

Porter 5 - His worst game for a while but is still our biggest only creative threat.

Fryatt 6 - Little contribution

O'Grady 6 - See above

SUBS

Low 4 - Should've scored with a header and countless terrible crosses

Stearman 6 - Looked bright when he came on, provided an attacking option down the right hand side and maybe regaining his form of last season with some vital interceptions as well

Hume 7 - For the love of God Kelly get him in the starting line-up, seemingly the only good player in an otherwise distinctly average squad.

Rob Kelly 2 - Johnson OUT, Hughes OUT, O'Grady OUT Hume IN, Williams (when fit) IN, and most importantly, ATTACK! How difficult is it Rob??

Logan- 7. I think he is our best goalkeeper.

Kenton- 7. A Very good verisitle athlete.

McAuley- 6. Have a feeling he could be a piss poor signing.

McCarthy- 7. Best performance in a while.

Johansson-5. Still bemused that anyone could think he is a full back!

Hughes 5- Pretty shocking but our only attacking player who wanted the ball.

Wesolwski- 5. Went missing for most of the game. Still our most competent midfield player on the ball.

Johnson- 2. fooking useless. A defencive midfielder that lumbers about th pitch making few tackles and spoils every attack he gets involved in. PASSENGER.

Porter- 4. I know hes young and everyone loves him for trying to beat his mana nd all that, but truth is hes not all that quick and looked out of his depth today.

Fryatt- 6. No service but the best movement i have seen from him this season. I am certain he will come good again.

O'Grady- 4. Pub player.

Subs

Stearman- 7. He defended well when he came on but why we needed to switch right backs when our mdfield and attack were so dysfunctional i will never know.

Hume- 7. You see he wnats the ball and actually tries to create chances when he gets it. This is what attackign players are suppossed to do. Why on earth is he not starting???

Low- 5. Looked okay against League 1 opposition, probably his level.

Logan 8 - looks easily our best keeper for distribution and ordering the defence

Kenton 6 - does some nice stuff which makes up for his occasional dozy moment

McCauley 6 - did way better than I expected.

McCarthy 7 - really seems to be growing in to the role

Johansson 6 - read the game well, got forward a lot but still seems to avoid passing to Porter

Hughes 4 - poor. Needed him to distribute better

Johnson 6 - grafted well - covered up for others mistakes a lot of the time and was looking for the creative move

Wesolowski 4 - not the saviour on this performance. Too many lazy passes.

Porter 6 - could have done better. Some wicked crosses but plenty of mistakes to offset that.

Fryatt 4 - trying too hard and looked unsure of what he was going for

O'Grady 4 - Did well for a while as a target man - then drifted off

SUBS

Low 5 - some nice stuff. But how did he miss that header.

Stearman 8 - looks like he's learnt his lesson and may be coming back to his best. Thank God.

Hume 7 - our most creative forward by some way.

Logan 6 - Had nothing to do, they were as shit as us.

Kenton 5 - Poor vision and range of passing

McCauley 6 - Average

McCarthy 6 - Had a bit of oomph, but failed as a captain to convey it.

Johansson 4 - Balls seem to ricochet off him

Hughes 1 - I don't think I have EVER witnessed a worse performance on a field

Johnson 7 - Felt he was the only one holding it together

Wesolowski 3 - AWoL

Porter 5 - Ran, but seemed unable to get a ball in the box. Ever.

Fryatt 6 - Suffered from an abject lack of service

O'Grady 4 - Out of sorts, out of position and out of my patience

P A T H E T I C !

Chosen Men and old timers - get rid!.

And Kelly can go with em for me.

Player ratings when the shame clears.

Thanks God I watched the Academy first.

It was a real pleasure - although no earthly use to them.

FFS some of the young players look out of palce as the one old timer in our team, who is admittedly a laughing stock.

Logan 7 - A quality league debut. Good kicking and 2/3 smart yet confortable saves

Kenton 6 - Was surprised as everyone else that he was taken off. Got a raw deal from the officials on many an occasion. Seemed in control but does tend to ball watch.

McCarthy 6 - Still our best player by a mile. Gave the opponents one opportunity when he didnt close down their player running through but by that did well. Lucky not to concede late penalty with the tugging of shirt.

McAuley 6 - Seems a pretty no nonsense player. Nothing for Paddy K to worry about but ample cover.

Johnasson - 6 Actually thought he did okay. Slow football brain is always his disadvantage and his distribution skills and always pretty poor but thats what happens when you play a top heavy centre half at full back. Got up the wing a lot more this game but with little or no end product.

Hughes 2 - Terrible effort. Lost every challenge. Too lightweight for the battle. What happened to the player that burst on to the scene with flair, skill and vision.

Johnson 0 - Dont get me started. Wayward or negative passing all game. Its a joke he is still in the team. Just typing about him is getting me cross.

Weso 5 - Not good enough from the little lad. We are losing games/points in the centre of the park and he looked short of matches. Never got close enough to opponents and his touch was poor.

Porter 4 - Worst performace from the tiny winger. Why take the ball to the byline and then not deliver. In my opinion too small for this standard of football. Doesnt do enough to warrant a starting place but then who plays instead.

Fryatt 5 - Another game where poor Matty fed off straps. If he moves from us he will get goals. How can he get goals with no service. He is probably just as frustrated as we are at the moment.

O'Grady 5 - Has the power but again not getting any chances. Starved off supply he goes wide looking which is probably not his strength. Similar to Fryatt there is only so much they can do.

SUBS

All 5 - No one got in the game as by then Colchester were looking more of a threat and likely to leave with the points.

Message to Rob : Sort the midfield out and you will be laughing pal.

Logan 7 (Three fine saves, good handling and solid distribution. No apparent debut nerves and aclean sheet).

Kenton 6.5 (Always in charge. Not very adventurous)

McCarthy 7.5 (One of his best games of the season)

McAuley 7 (More commanding than I imagined. Apart from a header near the end which should have won them the game Colechester had few chances).

Nils 5 (Broke up attacks well enough and tried to feed Levi but offered little support going forward and, as usual, his longer passing was iffy)

Hughes 0 (I can't remember giving a nil before but cannot remember a relevent contribution. Passing was poor, support was poor, he didn't beat players, didn't shoot and didn't get in positions to shoot.)

Johnson 3 (What was he for? No real support, no notable passes. Three is probably generous)

Weso 5.5 (Not at his best. Another who needed support)

Porter 7 (Our best forward by far. Retained the ball well in defensive/neutral situations and kept trying to make something happen even when things went wrong.Created allour best chances and we should have scored from his creative efforts especially from the cross someone stretched to take off Fryatt's head).

O'Grady 6 (Criticised for not being at his best but never stopped working for the cause and trying to find a way through. Suffered from so many balls being played to him in the air where his opponent was so good instead of on the ground)

Fryatt 5.5 (Would surely have scored from a cross which wasdropping on his head in front of an open goal and must have been disheartened by questionable offside decisions.Nothing really worked for him).

Subs:

Low 5.5 (Provided another target from defence but only threatened once).

Stearman 7 (Two vital headed clearances and launched a series of attacks with mixed results. supported those attacks closely)

Hume 6 (Added impetus and almost got through to steal the game. Should have played throughout).

Yeah, this was so obviously a team made up of Chosen Men and old-timers.

You idiot.

Hughes, Nils, Johnson..... :whistle:

We cannot afford to play with a one many handicap let alonemore than one although I did think Nils tried his best and believe he's tried his best all season and has been fine breaking up attacks. It's the rest that's the problem.

Porter 6 - could have done better. Some wicked crosses......

Oh really? I didn't see any. All I remember seeing is their fullback blocking everything he did with ease.

The lad tries hard but is clearly out of his depth.

Still, that's better than NOT trying hard and being out of your depth - as with most of the team.

Archived