Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Master Fox

Andy Johnson

I have always said johnson is poor and I am now glad the majority agree with me, very poor at passing.

The problem here is every manager has his favourite and usually dont like dropping players they signed, will kelly have the bottle to drop johnson.

We live in hope but he seems as blinkered as Levein.

Real shame this, I honestly thought he'd be an excellent signing for us when RK got him in the summer. I thought we could really do with some experience in the middle of the park, especially with our young team, and that he could have turned out to be one of the most inspired signings in recent years. How fvcking wrong I was - he's slow, can't pass, can't run with it, can't tackle - he is absolutely SHIT!!! :mad:

I think we've learned a lesson here - DON'T SIGN EX-F*REST PLAYERS!!! :mad:

Real shame this, I honestly thought he'd be an excellent signing for us when RK got him in the summer. I thought we could really do with some experience in the middle of the park, especially with our young team, and that he could have turned out to be one of the most inspired signings in recent years. How fvcking wrong I was - he's slow, can't pass, can't run with it, can't tackle - he is absolutely SHIT!!! :mad:

I agree with you, I too thought this could be a bit of a coup but how wrong I was. He came on the same day as Josh Low didn't he? What a disastrous summer day that was :rolleyes:

Nicked form Baz_February - Fox Fanzine.

Andy Johnson - After being arrested for impersonating a footballer in Sheffield today he was later released. A police spokesman said that there was no evidence to link him to any footballing activity whatsoever.

Nicked form Baz_February - Fox Fanzine.

Andy Johnson - After being arrested for impersonating a footballer in Sheffield today he was later released. A police spokesman said that there was no evidence to link him to any footballing activity whatsoever.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Brilliant!

I think we've learned a lesson here - DON'T SIGN EX-F*REST PLAYERS!!! :mad:

But it isn't a particularly young team average age 25+

The back four has 3 players over 25

The midfield has 2 players over 30

One of the strikers is 26

I doubt this team is any younger or older or less experienced by any significant amount than any other team in this division, except Cov/MA's :P It's a myth, probably.

Logan 20

Kenton 28

McAuley 27

McCarthy 23

Johansson 26

Stearman 19

Johnson 32

Hughes 23

Tiatto 33

Hume 23

Hammond 26

But it isn't a particularly young team average age 25+

The back four has 3 players over 25

The midfield has 2 players over 30

One of the strikers is 26

I doubt this team is any younger or older or less experienced by any significant amount than any other team in this division, except Cov/MA's :P It's a myth, probably.

Logan 20

Kenton 28

McAuley 27

McCarthy 23

Johansson 26

Stearman 19

Johnson 32

Hughes 23

Tiatto 33

Hume 23

Hammond 26

And the sooner we get the average age down again the better.

And the sooner we get the average age down again the better.

The main thing is some of our defenders are a bit older and we're relying on one or two 30+ midfielders.

Seems for every 'positive' change with regards to age (Keeper went from being 30 to being 20) we're hit somewhere else and have to make a change in the reverse direction. With the injuries we had, out went Williams and back came Johnson. Then he got injured and Tiatto was playing a more important part in the team. Sylla is also getting on a bit - he's about 29 isn't he?

The strikers are 'older' at the minute thanks to the prominence of Elvis who has 6 years on Fryatt.

Our defence isn't really that old either... the oldest defender we play is 28 (Maybury/Kenton).

Don't worry, Porter will return soon enough, as will Wesolowski - both of whom can bring the midfield age down a notch or two. Therein lies the biggest problem for the age of the midfield - Wesolowski, our youngest CM (unless you count Stearman) has not yet managed a run of games. A fit Porter and Weso should be able to keep out at least one of the pensioners. ;)

I don't think it's about keeping out the pensioners or reducing the age, if they're are good enough or better than the alternatives then that's fine.

What's pissing me off is this eternal whine/excuse from the club and the media that we have a much younger team than anyone else in this league and that's the reason we're not performing.

The main thing is some of our defenders are a bit older and we're relying on one or two 30+ midfielders.

Seems for every 'positive' change with regards to age (Keeper went from being 30 to being 20) we're hit somewhere else and have to make a change in the reverse direction. With the injuries we had, out went Williams and back came Johnson. Then he got injured and Tiatto was playing a more important part in the team. Sylla is also getting on a bit - he's about 29 isn't he?

The strikers are 'older' at the minute thanks to the prominence of Elvis who has 6 years on Fryatt.

Our defence isn't really that old either... the oldest defender we play is 28 (Maybury/Kenton).

Don't worry, Porter will return soon enough, as will Wesolowski - both of whom can bring the midfield age down a notch or two. Therein lies the biggest problem for the age of the midfield - Wesolowski, our youngest CM (unless you count Stearman) has not yet managed a run of games. A fit Porter and Weso should be able to keep out at least one of the pensioners. ;)

Nothing wrong with 30+ midfielders, Tiatto has been one of our better players this season IMO. 29 is not getting on it's the peak of a footballers carear.

To be quite honest 32 isn't that old Johnson just doesn't look intrested, all this bollocks about the average age is just Thracian rubbish and shouldn't really be paid attention to. It doesn't matter what the average of a squad is as long as the teams getting results and playing well. I'd quite happily exchange our squad for AC Milans and their average age must be something in the region of 31.

I don't think it's about keeping out the pensioners or reducing the age, if they're are good enough or better than the alternatives then that's fine.

What's pissing me off is this eternal whine/excuse from the club and the media that we have a much younger team than anyone else in this league and that's the reason we're not performing.

I've no issue either, I think I failed myself by not pointing out my post was purely about the numbers.

Johnson wouldn't bother me in the slightest... if he wasn't quite so shit. :yawn:

:thumbup:

I don't think anyone's really using the youth as a means of excusing a crap performance, though.

Nothing wrong with 30+ midfielders, Tiatto has been one of our better players this season IMO. 29 is not getting on it's the peak of a footballers carear.

To be quite honest 32 isn't that old Johnson just doesn't look intrested, all this bollocks about the average age is just Thracian rubbish and shouldn't really be paid attention to. It doesn't matter what the average of a squad is as long as the teams getting results and playing well. I'd quite happily exchange our squad for AC Milans and their average age must be something in the region of 31.

Again, I've no problem with older players playing their part - if they turn up and do a job, I'll support them.

It's the likes of Johnson who only appear to be in it for the pay packet - the ones who don't even try. :whistle:

I think Johnson falls into that category - makes a token appearance each week, hits the ball a couple of times and picks up his pay packet a few days later. At least some of the younger players don't seem to carry the same attitude - they've got a career ahead of them, not behind them, so if they don't put the effort in now, they'll never be in a position to 'do a Johnson' when they're 32... :whistle:

I feel surprised and let down by Johnson as I'm sure many of our fans do. I don't seem to recollect many people complaining the day we got him in. In fact I'll be the first to hold my hand up and say I thought he was exactly the type of player we needed in that position.

I suppose those of us who did think that may turn out to correct one day but so far we've been anything but right. He's been lazy, shirks out of tackles, and his distribution on the ball has been as bad as anyone I've seen play at Leicester. I wasn't expecting him to be a good passer but I was expecting him to work hard and put in 100%, which is something at the moment he doesn't appear to be doing.

Archived