Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Master Fox

Andy Johnson

Andy Johnson can bollox. He is one of the worst central midfield players I have seen in a long, long time regardless of his age. The reason I say age has nothing to do with anything is because Teddy Shezza is still doing a job at the Hammers, and he's considerably older than fooking Johnson, although you wouldn't think it looking at their respective performances at different levels.

He gives our side nothing, and he needs dropping indefinitely from our team. If we play him and Sylla/Low in our side at the same time, we might as well walk off of the pitch without trying, as we'd be using about 9 and a half players for the entirety of the game. :mad:

He gives our side nothing, and he needs dropping indefinitely from our team. If we play him and Sylla/Low in our side at the same time, we might as well walk off of the pitch without trying, as we'd be using about 9 and a half players for the entirety of the game. :mad:

Bit harsh on Sylla. At least he has some quality and can pass a ball unlike Johnson and Low :mad:

Bit harsh on Sylla. At least he has some quality and can pass a ball unlike Johnson and Low :mad:

lol I'm not being funny or anything, but every time I've seen Sylla play for us, minus the Celtic game, he has been p!ss poor. His crosses never beat the first defender, he isn't as strong as he could be, he doesn't win the ball in the air, and he relies on Dicky Stearmonkey to make the runs which he himself should be making. His overall approach to our games and his laziness on the field really piss me off, and I know I'm not the only one carrying these feelings, as displayed occasionally on here and more often than not at the Walkers where I'm sat

Maybe it just needs a change of position and he'll be a changed man like Paddy Kisnorbo all those moons ago :ph34r:

Disclaimer: By position I mean one on the bench :thumbup:

I think this position would be absolutely amazing for Silly, as he could really display his quality there, by doing exactly what he does on the pitch - fook all!!!

Andy Johnson can bollox. He is one of the worst central midfield players I have seen in a long, long time regardless of his age. The reason I say age has nothing to do with anything is because Teddy Shezza is still doing a job at the Hammers, and he's considerably older than fooking Johnson, although you wouldn't think it looking at their respective performances at different levels.

Right for one, can you please never call him that again. <_<

People grow old at differnt paces, and it's clear, based on his performances for WBA and Forest that he is or was better than he has been for us. Players tend to start going down hill from about 32 and are normally retired by 36, players like Sherringham, Albertini and Costecurta are obviously exceptions but they were all world class talents, compairing them to Andy Johnson who was at best a very good championship player is unfair.

IMO he's not been helped by not playing much last season, whatever his reasons we agree on one thing, he's been awful for us.

People grow old at differnt paces, and it's clear, based on his performances for WBA and Forest that he is or was better than he has been for us. Players tend to start going down hill from about 32 and are normally retired by 36, players like Sherringham, Albertini and Costecurta are obviously exceptions but they were all world class talents, compairing them to Andy Johnson who was at best a very good championship player is unfair.

IMO he's not been helped by not playing much last season, whatever his reasons we agree on one thing, he's been awful for us.

And you wonder how the hell he has ever justified his place!

Do what I want :)

It wouldn't have been hard for him to be better elsewhere than he has been for us, awful I think is the correct word for his spell here. Maybe they were all world class talents, but Johnson did at one stage play for his country, and that is international level. Based on how he performs in the second tier of English football, you'd never have guessed it, and regardless of his age, we should still see glimpses of the "international quality" he used to posess. Still though, glad we could at least agree on one thing :)

Do what I want :)

It wouldn't have been hard for him to be better elsewhere than he has been for us, awful I think is the correct word for his spell here. Maybe they were all world class talents, but Johnson did at one stage play for his country , and that is international level. Based on how he performs in the second tier of English football, you'd never have guessed it, and regardless of his age, we should still see glimpses of the "international quality" he used to posess. Still though, glad we could at least agree on one thing :)

Wales :pinch: back when Wales were even worse than they are now. He's never been anything special just a good basic footballer at 1st division/lower Premier league level.

So has Elvis Hammond and Spider Kalac but it doesn't make them good footballers, take note that he is no longer playing for his country. Possible because his "international class" desserted him a long time ago.

He's not playing shit on purpouse is he? he either can't be bothred, which based on his so called speeches in the dressing room and his aimless running doesn't look likely, or he is too old :rolleyes:.

Wales :pinch: back when Wales were even worse than they are now. He's never been anything special just a good basic footballer at 1st division/lower Premier league level.

So has Elvis Hammond and Spider Kalac but it doesn't make them good footballers, take note that he is no longer playing for his country. Possible because his "international class" desserted him a long time ago.

He's not playing shit on purpouse is he? he either can't be bothred, which based on his so called speeches in the dressing room and his aimless running doesn't look likely, or he is too old :rolleyes:.

lol even though he played for a hapless Wales team, he still played at international level. Now, I'm not one to criticise and ex-international professional footballer 'cos I'm an Amateur playing Sunday League, but there are times when I feel that I could give the side more energy and quality than Johnson. Obviously this may not be the case, but I feel that I definitely have more pace than him and a greater determination/energy than what he has lol..

I realise he is no longer playing international football, and it's just as well, as he would be shockingly dreadful in the present day at that level. I have no idea why he is playing as badly as he is. If it's 'cos he's too old, then why doesn't he just hang up his boots and walk away without embarassing himself further?? 'Cos that's all he's going to do if this is the reason and he continues to plod on through these poor showings.

lol even though he played for a hapless Wales team, he still played at international level. Now, I'm not one to criticise and ex-international professional footballer 'cos I'm an Amateur playing Sunday League, but there are times when I feel that I could give the side more energy and quality than Johnson. Obviously this may not be the case, but I feel that I definitely have more pace than him and a greater determination/energy than what he has lol..

I realise he is no longer playing international football, and it's just as well, as he would be shockingly dreadful in the present day at that level. I have no idea why he is playing as badly as he is. If it's 'cos he's too old, then why doesn't he just hang up his boots and walk away without embarassing himself further?? 'Cos that's all he's going to do if this is the reason and he continues to plod on through these poor showings.

Why would he hang up his boots, he wouldn't get five grand a week then.

Why would he hang up his boots, he wouldn't get five grand a week then.

Maybe I phrased it wrongly, but I meant to say that he should just consider seeing out the remainder of his contract behind the scenes in the background (as Sylla did earlier in the season and Douglas seems to be doing atm) without fooking up the first team because he quite simply can't hack it. That'd be better than embarassing himself and pissing off many many fans everytime he plays for us.

Maybe I phrased it wrongly, but I meant to say that he should just consider seeing out the remainder of his contract behind the scenes in the background (as Sylla did earlier in the season and Douglas seems to be doing atm) without fooking up the first team because he quite simply can't hack it. That'd be better than embarassing himself and pissing off many many fans everytime he plays for us.

You seem to labour under the misapprehension that Johnson is able to pick himself, and that Douglas and Sylla chose not to be included in the team...

You seem to labour under the misapprehension that Johnson is able to pick himself, and that Douglas and Sylla chose not to be included in the team...

Hmm it seems as though I need to really think about these posts before I make them as opposed to going on and on about something I'm not giving full thought to.

Anyway my point is, I'd like to see Johnson stop playing for us, whatever the reason(s) for his miserable performances. That much I have given thought to and shall not be changing my opinion on :)

Except that would probably be in breach of contract since he has to be available to be picked, the manager picks him not himself. Of course he could fake injury but the fans wouldnt be happy that he is getting paid whilst injured.

Lewis is the only player that can tackle him self and losse the ball tgo the oposition. so to say that

Andy Johnson, The Worst Midfield Player In LCFC History. is realy harsh.

But Its safe to say he is the second worse midfield player.

Archived