Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

LOAN SYSTEM

In all this talk about, "re-shaping the midfield", "playing Hume/Gradel - getting rid of Johnson/Hughes", "how long before Williams returns (IF he does / gets selected !) ?" etc etc - few ever mention getting new players (midfielders !) in on loan. As someone else said, it worked for Ipswich. Why can't we do it - has RK an aversion - or won't the Board 'stump up' some wages (I know money is bad - but is it THAT bad !) ?.

In all this talk about "re-shaping the midfield", "getting rid of Johnson/Hughes", "how long before Williams returns (IF he does / gets selected !) ?" - few ever mention getting new players (midfielders !) in on loan. As someone else said, it worked for Ipswich. Why can't we do it - has RK an aversion - or won't the Board 'stump up' some wages (I know money is bad - but is it THAT bad !) ?.

NO FOOKING MONEY

We're talking WAGES here - not big bucks for signings. They could even just sign people for a month or 2 - surely EVEN our Board can find money, for a couple of months, for 2 or 3 FRINGE Premiership players !!?

I know exactly what we are talking Reynard and we can't afford it. Unless the FT is making it up which I doubt.

We're talking WAGES here - not big bucks for signings. They could even just sign people for a month or 2 - surely EVEN our Board can find money, for a couple of months, for 2 or 3 FRINGE Premiership players !!?

We let two players go without a transfer fee just to get them off the wage budget because we had gone over budget!

Our wage budget is accounted for - unless we ship people out in January, there's no money to play with!

And our board isn't going to permit loans on the back of a promise to flog players in January - they say it's betting the house on future earnings that cost us so dearly 4/5 years ago.

Arrrghh are you lot deaf? We have been told we are over budget and can't loan players.

We can't borrow any money because we can't pay it back.

Where have you got this nugget of wisdom from - "we have been told we are over budget and can't loan players" ? I can't recall seeing, or hearing it quoted, anywhere ?!

Where have you got this nugget of wisdom from - "we have been told we are over budget and can't loan players" ? I can't recall seeing, or hearing it quoted, anywhere ?!

Your lucky I get paid to do nothing....

give me five minutes.

If I'm not mistaken, the Birch has said it publically, Andrew Taylor has said it publically, and I think Rob Kelly himself may have admitted we went over budget as far as wages go...

We let two players go without a transfer fee just to get them off the wage budget because we had gone over budget!

Our wage budget is accounted for - unless we ship people out in January, there's no money to play with!

And our board isn't going to permit loans on the back of a promise to flog players in January - they say it's betting the house on future earnings that cost us so dearly 4/5 years ago.

So its down to Kelly 'shipping someone out on loan then' , to get someone in ? OK, why can't / won't he do that - Douglas, Sylla, Hammond etc etc - and don't tell me no one wants them - I'm sure some League 1 club will take them (and even the players themselves must want to go, rather than not play AT ALL - with no Reserve outings) ?!

So its down to Kelly 'shipping someone out on loan then' , to get someone in ? OK, why can't / won't he do that - Douglas, Sylla, Hammond etc etc - and don't tell me no one wants them - I'm sure some League 1 club will take them (and even the players themselves must want to go, rather than not play AT ALL - with no Reserve outings) ?!

Finding someone to pay their wages.

We have got rid of Hamill, Gerrbrand and de Vries since we last signed anyone anyway so it's not like it's one in, one out.

FFS think about what your typing. People have to pay for the likes of Sylla and Hammond, and they are on Championship wages

Shipping people out on loan to loan someone else in isn't the best way - loan players may be sent back early when the club you send them to realized you've burdened them with a lazy, work-shy parasite (Sylla).

Besides, to really make an impact on the wage bill, you have too find someone to pay the wages as Fez said - can't be that many teams in or out of our league that are willing to spend the money we spend on some of the players (Sylla, Douglas, etc). If they won't pay the wages needed, you may as well keep them here. :rolleyes:

Finding someone to pay their wages.

We have got rid of Hamill, Gerrbrand and de Vries since we last signed anyone anyway so it's not like it's one in, one out.

Those movements were all apparently to cut the wage bill back down a bit...

The Chairman stated in the local rag that RK's 4 signings, presumably Low, Johnson, Kenton & McAuley, not sure about Tiatto were not in RK's original budget but as he was so keen on them they decided to back his judgement.

Seems to me to indicate we're already over budget, plus the low season ticket sales and the ever dwindling gates means we're most definitely up to our necks in big dollops of smelly poo.

The Chairman stated in the local rag that RK's 4 signings, presumably Low, Johnson, Kenton & McAuley, not sure about Tiatto were not in RK's original budget but as he was so keen on them they decided to back his judgement.

Seems to me to indicate we're already over budget, plus the low season ticket sales and the ever dwindling gates means we're most definitely up to our necks in big dollops of smelly poo.

I'm beginning to wish Tiatto was seen as a CM all along - perhaps we could have avoided Johnson and we'd be sitting in a bit less of those poo dollops. :P

And watching one less of afforementioned dollops. :D

Before Rob signed anyone this summer my cousin asked him how much money he had to spend on players and he said "about £10" as a joke but money really is that tight at present. And yes, it has been said publicly that Rob spent his budget and then a little bit more too during the summer.

Before Rob signed anyone this summer my cousin asked him how much money he had to spend on players and he said "about £10" as a joke but money really is that tight at present. And yes, it has been said publicly that Rob spent his budget and then a little bit more too during the summer.

I'd rather have done without Low and McAuley.

Archived